I think a BB with a touch screen would suck! leave the touch screen to that other company!! just my 2 cents...
    04-04-08 02:33 PM
    I wouldn't mind a touch screen for some things. As long as it still has a qwerty I would be interested in it.
    04-04-08 02:40 PM
    Mmmm.. I'm always running around for work & personally, I don't have the patience for a touch screen. I had the iPhone for a few weeks & traded it in. It was hard for me to text/email - I love my BB's keyboard
    04-04-08 02:41 PM
    I think a BB with a touch screen would suck! leave the touch screen to that other company!! just my 2 cents...
    I agree......but I must admit that I am afraid of change.....lol
    04-04-08 02:48 PM
    I can't handle any imperfections on my bb, especially on my screen. It would drive me insane, constantly touching and cleaning the screen, over and over again.

I clean it enough as it is.
    If you want touchscreen functionality then buy a Treo, iPhone, or something else.
    04-04-08 03:54 PM
    I wouldn't mind a touch screen on top of my QWERTY. But more like the touchpad on the MacBook Air. 2 finger touch for new tab, 1 finger swipe for compose email, 2 for SMS...

...but not an iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 04:07 PM
    Different strokes for different folks. There's nothing wrong with loving the berry and loving the touch screen. It's not like you're going to go to bed one night and the next day RIM's going to ONLY make touch screen BBs. Why not have it both ways? I like touch screens and I shouldn't have to get some crappy iphone just to get touch...
    04-04-08 04:33 PM
    I was digging the touch screen with the stylus back in my PALM days.

But the keyboard for the BB is working something sweet. It just has a bit of a steeper learning curve.
    04-04-08 04:37 PM
    touchscreens suck!
    they look impressive i guess with your stylus out. i can put my bb in my pocket if i want to, cant do that with a touchscreen
    touchscreen phone is just a fancy p.o.s.
    04-04-08 07:06 PM
    um... I almost didn't get a Curve because I was so used to the side scroll wheel on my old 8707!
    My new thinking is that as long as it is a BlackBerry, I'll try the newest and greatest thing that they offer!
    04-04-08 07:11 PM
    I hate touch screens. I had an iphone for two days before I got rid of it. I was too worried about screwing the screen up. Never would I want a touch screen again. Only BBs from now on

04-04-08 07:24 PM
    The real issue with touchscreens being bad is the way the OS interface work. Apple is the only one who has gotten it good so far, The touchscreen on the Treo was poor, needing calibration almost everyday, the WinBlo touchscreens were horrible because the OS wasn't setup properly for it, and i really wasnt impressed with either.

If RIM is going to come out with a touchscreen, i would give it a shot, although i'm not yet a fan of touchscreens.

The whole reason the Curve was my first BB was because of the trackwheel. I am left handed, and it was very much a PITA to use one, plus they were bulky.

Read my sig to see how i switched to a Curve....
    04-04-08 07:30 PM
    I don't know if I'd want a touch screen. Blackberry has nearly perfected the smartphone game, and I don't think a touch screen would make much difference. But I think we can be rest assured that if RIM did make a touchscreen BB, it true blackberry fashion, they wouldn't give it to us unless it was perfect, well except for a few outages and memory leaks *wink wink*

04-04-08 07:36 PM
    5 mins after having my 8820 I realized how much better it was then touchscreens.

I'll always want my keyboard.
    04-04-08 07:46 PM
    I can't handle any imperfections on my bb, especially on my screen. It would drive me insane, constantly touching and cleaning the screen, over and over again.

I clean it enough as it is.
    If you want touchscreen functionality then buy a Treo, iPhone, or something else.
    I totally agree! Me too (and I just thought I was obsessive).

I cannot live without a QWERTY keyboard ... I did not like the 8100 when I had it.

That's my two cents.
    04-04-08 07:54 PM
    Having the experience of using a Touch Screen ( Treo 700w ) and the BB, my honest opinion is that touch screens aren't all that bad. You can have a T/Screen and a scroll ball living together in harmony. It is very unfair to use the "ipod" as a yard stick, because it is a poor measure by which to judge a Touch Screen. If you ask any Treo user how they felt about using a Touch Screen before owning a BB, they would admit of having reservation about the Track ball. Now, I'm very comfortable with the Track Ball.
    In summary, RIM would not have invested hundred of $$ in research on something that isn't gonna keep them competitive.
    04-04-08 07:55 PM
    I totally agree! Me too (and I just thought I was obsessive).

I cannot live without a QWERTY keyboard ... I did not like the 8100 when I had it.

That's my two cents.
    WHY DO YOU THINK TOUCH SCREEN MEANS NO KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Treo had Touch Screen and a QWERTY keyboard.
    For crying out loud, DO NOT EQUATE TOUCH SCREEN AS BEING 'APPLE' OR 'IPOD' there were phones out there before the Ipod that had T/Screen.
    04-04-08 08:00 PM
    It's way too easy to get the blackberry screen dirty or scratch it. I dont think a touch screen would be so cool. I have a hard pink shell on my phone and im glad because it protects the screen.
    04-08-08 09:49 PM
    i dont mean to bring apple into the mix but the one thing that they have gotten perfectly with the touch screen is the pinch feature because you can be so selective with your viewing I hate when I'm viewing a page in opera and I have to move in blocks.

it would certainly be a nice feature and it would be awesome to combine the touch screen and the keyboard. surfing...would...be...awesome.
    Last edited by Jackal; 04-08-08 at 10:09 PM.
    04-08-08 10:06 PM
    yeah leave the keyboard and im a happy camper
    04-08-08 10:16 PM
    I say enhance my 8310 and I'm good - for now
    04-08-08 10:17 PM
    Touch screens are overated

Thats my main reason for me now trying to ditch my HTC touch for a BB pearl.

Touch softkeys at the bottom of a screen are however a good idea, like on the Sony Ericsson K850i
    04-09-08 10:09 AM
    I agree touch screens are over-rated. I had Wing for 10 days (after giving my Pearl to my son) and hated it. The combo of touch screen and WM6 was simply too much.

I'm back on a new 8310 and couldn't see how I could be happier...
    04-09-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD