So this is extremely annoying, i have literally had this phone for about 2 weeks. Granted i bought it from a friend, but it was seldomly used and i can attest to this because i know the history of the phone. it is in literally perfect condition. I rebooted it about two hours ago and have not been able to get it to start. All it does it flash the red LED light for about 30 seconds and then turn off again. its like it is in a loop to reboot but it just won't. Can someone please help me?
    04-08-12 08:16 PM
    plug it into the charger and leave it for an hour at least? If you know the battery is at least 30% you can use the USB cable and hook it up to the DeskTop Manager software on your PC.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 04-08-12 at 08:23 PM.
    04-08-12 08:20 PM
    I agree sounds like it needs a full charge.
    04-08-12 08:44 PM
    this is a know problem. There are numerous threads on here dealing with the endless boot loop. if getting the charge up doesn't help try this. If you know what you were doing right before this happen which usually is installing or upgrading a app. Boot into safe mode by removing battery and hold down the back button (one next to red button) and insert battery. Do not release the back button until the phone has completely rebooted. Once it has then release back button and go in options and device management and application management and delete the app you just installed if indeed that was what happened. Once you do that then reboot normal by removing battery and putting back in.

If that doesn't work the only choice you have is to use app loaded and reinstall the os on the phone and that will wipe it clean. Search the 9800 forum for endless boot loop

hope this helps
    04-08-12 08:50 PM
    Sounds like it needs a full charge, but if it doesn't work, try to restore the OS
    04-09-12 12:02 AM
    So this is extremely annoying, i have literally had this phone for about 2 weeks. Granted i bought it from a friend, but it was seldomly used and i can attest to this because i know the history of the phone. it is in literally perfect condition. I rebooted it about two hours ago and have not been able to get it to start. All it does it flash the red LED light for about 30 seconds and then turn off again. its like it is in a loop to reboot but it just won't. Can someone please help me?
    It's dead Jim.....
    04-09-12 05:00 AM
    If the battery was dead, the device would not continuously attempt to boot with the red light.
    With a very small charge, it would only attempt this a single time only.
    You need to re-install the OS to recover.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 04-09-12 at 05:47 AM.
    04-09-12 05:43 AM
    this is a know problem. There are numerous threads on here dealing with the endless boot loop. if getting the charge up doesn't help try this. If you know what you were doing right before this happen which usually is installing or upgrading a app. Boot into safe mode by removing battery and hold down the back button (one next to red button) and insert battery. Do not release the back button until the phone has completely rebooted. Once it has then release back button and go in options and device management and application management and delete the app you just installed if indeed that was what happened. Once you do that then reboot normal by removing battery and putting back in.

If that doesn't work the only choice you have is to use app loaded and reinstall the os on the phone and that will wipe it clean. Search the 9800 forum for endless boot loop

hope this helps
    Helped me just now, I'd say thanks, but now I hate you, thought I might get just get a 9810 until BB10 after DL'ing a surprisingly bad top free game app, but noooooo, you had to fix my 9800
    jakie55 and hpjrt like this.
    01-03-13 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD