I live in Honduras and i purchased an AT&T phone about a week ago. I set everything up only to learn that for bbm and other apps to work you have to enter a enterprise account and password. I tried deleting the IT Policy and using BBSAK, but apparently even that doesnt work. I even downloaded another software and installed it and the enterprise activation remained. I dont know if i did those things uncorrectly and maybe someone might be of some help because im ready to give up. Thanks in advance.
    12-30-11 09:37 AM
    is there no option to enter in your BIS account?

do you have a proper BlackBerry internet service plan?

You can remove any IT policy with the new Desktop Manager, but this will also erase everything off of the phone.

You should know that if you do not have a proper BlackBerry Data plan, Enterprise is the only one that will show up.
    12-30-11 10:49 AM
    There seems to be some misconception on your part.....first, an Enterprise account is only needed if you wish for your BB and your laptop(s), desktops, some tablets to synchronize certain applications, most often Microsoft Outlook. When you put a calendar appointment or contact into one of the machines, they will all then have that appointment or contact. Also, email will synchronize across all of the machines. If you delete an appointment from one, will delete from all, etc. To utilize Exchange, you must either have a company with the servers to support it that you work for, or use an outside service. Otherwise, all email, calendar events, etc., usually synchronize by plugging your BB into your laptop and synchronizing via BB Desktop.

None of the application you mention require Exchange server, neither BBM or virtually any other application. Email comes through what is known as BIS service, and is included with most all data plans from virtually any provider. It is frequently set up on the web in the states for AT&T, but they can certainly do it via phone support. Regarding IT policy, your phone does not come with nor have an IT policy, that is only created if the company you work for set up your BB for Exchange service, they may or may not put IT policies on the BB to prevent you from making certain changes or so that they can manage large numbers of BB's without having to physically handle them. So I am confused by what IT policies you removed, there aren't any to be removed.

You could not have accidentally activated Exchange/Enterprise account accidentally or even intentionally.....it would have to have a server to contact. passwords, etc.

So, as it seems you are a newbie, I strongly suggest you contact the provider you bought the phone from. I have had BB's with and without enterprise service, so I don't think I've missed anything here.....if any more knowledgeable member has input, please, chime in.

Hope this helps clarify a bit for you, just call provider you bought phone from, unless of course you did not pay for any data plan at all, which has it's work arounds, but not for all applications, and does make using the device much more challenging for a novice. Certain things will never work without a data plan. But once again, you are severely confused regarding enterprise service. Of course, this is all predicated on the fact that you bought a new phone, not a used one that had already been set up, which would be the cause of your issues, and that would require some real hand holding by someone very knowledgeable to help you with.

Best of luck!

I live in Honduras and i purchased an AT&T phone about a week ago. I set everything up only to learn that for bbm and other apps to work you have to enter a enterprise account and password. I tried deleting the IT Policy and using BBSAK, but apparently even that doesnt work. I even downloaded another software and installed it and the enterprise activation remained. I dont know if i did those things uncorrectly and maybe someone might be of some help because im ready to give up. Thanks in advance.
    12-30-11 11:27 AM
    I understand what the original poster is saying. Like me, they purchased a phone and when trying to set up email bumped into Enterprise Activation.

I don't use Microsoft Outlook. There is no option to enter a BIS account or anything else, because the first screen you come to when trying to set up email is the Enterprise Activation screen.

I'm also in the process of trying to figure out how to remove it from my device.
    06-02-12 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD