BlackBerry Tops iPhone and Android in New Poll-smartphone_hatred_survey.jpg

As part of its survey, Raymond James asked respondents what features would make them more likely to buy a new iPhone or an Android or BlackBerry device: Bigger screen? Lower price? Better functionality? But it also offered them the option of saying they would never use a particular device. And plenty of respondents availed themselves of it.

Of the consumers Raymond James surveyed, 20 percent said they would never buy an iPhone, 31 percent said they�d never buy an Android phone, and 71 percent said they�d never purchase a BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Tops iPhone and Android ... In a "Don't Want" Poll - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD
    04-11-13 10:30 AM
    That's not a surprise.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-11-13 10:34 AM
    In light of the EA fiasco, I trust 'online polls' about as far as I can throw them.
    04-11-13 10:35 AM
    I have a coworker who fits into that 71%. He's 64 former hippie vary anti-tech , anti corporate ,except for Apple, total fanboy. His wife gave him her BB9000 when she got her 4s. He uses it maybe twice a month and has to ask how to make calls and hang up every time and complains when the low battery beeps. When I got my z10, I offered to show it to him ,he glanced at it,said it looks like an iphone and walked away. Apples dumbed down so much even a ludite doesn't recognize it as tech BlackBerry needs more and better advertising!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:43 AM
    I'm not surprised by this poll either. BlackBerry has an uphill battle which is going to take time. On top of that BlackBerry has said they aren't going after every smartphone user on the market. They are going after roughly 30% of the smartphone user base that requires a phone that is a communicating power house. Now obviously BlackBerry has bugs and improvements to make but they are working on those things right now. Plus I've seen people that didn't even know what the browser was on an iPhone, those users can stick with iPhone, I don't want them dumbing down the BlackBerry brand.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:01 PM
    Curious that WinPhone wasn't included in that survey...
    04-11-13 12:42 PM
    a poll of 250 people? How scientific and representative!
    04-11-13 12:48 PM
    You do realize that the poll was specific to Apple and was an online survey which had 250 respondents?

In a note to clients this morning, Raymond James�s Tavis McCourt details responses to a survey of Apple (AAPL) customers regarding their purchasing intentions, responses he opines demonstrate higher loyalty toward the company than is enjoyed by customers of Google�s (GOOG) Android operating system.

The survey, conducted March 14th through the 26th via the Web, with 250 people taking part, is part of series of such inquiries that McCourt says he conducts every three months.
    G-bone likes this.
    04-11-13 12:54 PM
    a poll of 250 people? How scientific and representative!
    It's about as scientific and representative as the majority of online polls I see discussed around here. Ie. not at all.
    G-bone likes this.
    04-11-13 01:10 PM
    Never say never!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:57 PM
    Funny!

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 02:56 PM
    Well we gotta remember. There's still many doubts if the corporation can rebound as to where it once was pre-2008-09.

The Z10 is a good phone, but still in it's infant stages regarding feedback, improvements etc. Over time, BB10 will become reckoned with and noticed. For now, those who share a grim outlook on BB is not because of the Z10, it's because BB has fallen hard.

Now, it's just work to get the Z10 noticed and selling despite the brands recent reputation. Why worry if they still got 2 billion in cash?
    04-11-13 05:34 PM
    I'm sure if I did a survey on c rack berry with a similar title it be heavily skewed as well :-/

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:50 PM
    I'm sure if I did a survey on c rack berry with a similar title it be heavily skewed as well :-/

Posted via CB10
    Why would CrackBerry do a survey though?
    Or any biased site in general.
    Even the mobile nations wouldn't be fair, because whichever site has the most members would win, just due to the fact most of us are fanboys rooting for a platform.
    What we need is a non-biased news provider to do a poll, which is now unfortunately, hard to find.
    04-11-13 08:03 PM