On sunday i dropped my curve 8530 in the toilet. i put it in rice and today i turned it on and i can see whats on the screen only if it is in light and if the page is white (like contacts). but still its very faint.

is there anything i can do? will drying it more help? will it ever improve?
    or is this the best it will get?
    01-21-11 02:53 PM
    i managed to see enough to increase the brightness all the way and it made no difference.
    01-21-11 03:02 PM
    get a new one. Once it's been 'for a swim' its either a matter of time or the functionality can be very sporadic. Some days it will work, other days it won't, etc.
    01-21-11 03:14 PM
    My advice for situations like this is to:

1) NEVER leave phone in shirt's top-pocket when peeing
    2) Remove power from phone ASAP and place in the airing cupboard for a couple of days

Rule 1 also applies to glasses
    01-21-11 03:20 PM
    Talk about a piece of crap (spent the last 30 minutes on that one).
    01-21-11 03:23 PM
    I have to agree with mmagda. I've worked with electronics for 15 years now. If anything electronics takes a swim I would not trust it anymore. I know this isn't what you want to hear but i think it will get worse before it gets better. Even if you did get it completly dried out, corrosion can still start to form along the solder connections and will eventually fail. Corrosion to solder is like rust to metal. It's just slowly gets worse till it completely fails.
    01-21-11 03:23 PM
    Talk about a piece of crap (spent the last 30 minutes on that one).
    Did you hurt yourself coming up with that one?
    01-21-11 03:26 PM
    My old Storm went for a dip and even though I had some functionality, it was best to just get a new one. I removed all the stickers from the inside and took it to VZW and they gave me a new phone haha
    01-21-11 06:19 PM
    My old Storm went for a dip and even though I had some functionality, it was best to just get a new one. I removed all the stickers from the inside and took it to VZW and they gave me a new phone haha
    Even the hidden water damage stickers inside the phone that you probably didn't know about? Thank you for pulling fraud on your provider.
    01-21-11 07:20 PM
    This may be uncalled for (okay it is) but I hope your phone NEVER recovers. How friggin hard is it to know that taking the thing where the danger of immersion is possible.

These I got my phone wet threads will always earn my scorn and derision. Sorry it is your fault and I for one am not joining the pity party or Lazerus brigade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 08:01 PM
    ^^ bah **** happens

I got so ****faced a few years ago at my cousins wedding that my pearl fell out of my top pocket... long story short i thought the 'crazy europeans' had LED's installed in their toilets to see where to 'aim' lol... It was my camera LED in the bottom of the toilet bowl hahahaa
    voltaire likes this.
    01-21-11 08:40 PM
    ^^ bah **** happens

I got so ****faced a few years ago at my cousins wedding that my pearl fell out of my top pocket... long story short i thought the 'crazy europeans' had LED's installed in their toilets to see where to 'aim' lol... It was my camera LED in the bottom of the toilet bowl hahahaa
    i was drinking water when i read this... made me laugh so hard water came out of my nose lol

boooo....my phone has sufffered 2 water damages so far (still golden though).... hope it doesn't ****face me any sooner... like what my car does to me all the time
    01-21-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD