View Poll Results: Should Rim add a splash of color to their phones?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

13 30.23%
  • yes

18 41.86%
  • I wouldn't mind waiting or paying more for the colored version

3 6.98%
  • Only for their phones

1 2.33%
  • Only for their playbooks

2 4.65%
  • Why stop at color, release special edition phones (just not as expensive as that Ferrari Phone

10 23.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Wouldn't you say it is time for BB to release Playbooks and berries with color options?

Looking at Nintendo, they always preview their systems in a variety of colors (I'm not sure they release even half of them) Samsung recently released the Galaxy S3 in blue, white, and red! Or red white and blue if you aren't from France.

Apples low end products and older computers came in a wide selection of color, why not spice up the phone line? I understand they want to 'copy' Apple and keep it sleek, but let's face it. People now a days want their phones to be for fun, and look great too. I was in Toronto and saw a lot of phone cases for the iphone. Some girls had bunny ears and all sorts of silly . So obviously, people are willing to pay more to make their phone look different from another, why not take advantage of it!

I don't know how much longer it would take in the process of making and shipping the phone or costs, but it is something that Rim should look into. When I had the Curve I had about 3 slim cases for it, so people always thought I had a new phone or something.

what do you think, post your thoughts!
    07-24-12 04:05 PM
    95% of people use a case on their phone. So what would be the point in wasting all that energy and costs to make 5% of consumers happy?
    jthep likes this.
    07-24-12 04:13 PM
    Where did you get that arbitrary number from? You would be surprised that more than .5 in 10 BB users do NOT use a case. And even if they did, would still want a phone with color.
    ajst222 and h20work like this.
    07-24-12 04:19 PM
    Someone has been reading iMore....lmao
    07-24-12 04:21 PM
    BLACK or white.....preferably BLACK.....I'm GOOD
    07-24-12 04:24 PM
    If you want color, that is what cases are for, IMO. For the people that are fashion conscious, what are the odds that the colors will be the RIGHT ones. It just creates inventory headaches in order to cater to what is probably a small percentage of users.

When my son wanted to buy his first MP3 player, we went to Fry's. We narrowed the choices down to a particular brand and model but there was one more decision. The shelf was loaded with powder blue models for $40 but there was a handful of Black ones which were $60. I was quite proud of my son choosing the cheaper one because it did the same thing for less and he wasn't going to be staring at the case very much.
    07-24-12 04:27 PM
    Where did you get that arbitrary number from? You would be surprised that more than .5 in 10 BB users do NOT use a case. And even if they did, would still want a phone with color.
    And where did you get this information from? School lunch table?
    07-24-12 04:32 PM
    Uh, RIM has always released different color variations for most of their device catalog. White, Purple, Pink, Red.. etc etc.
    07-24-12 04:50 PM
    Uh, RIM has always released different color variations for most of their device catalog. White, Purple, Pink, Red.. etc etc.
    Yeah, one color per carrier...
    07-24-12 04:53 PM
    cases don't cover the front part of the phone though. Honestly, I'd love the option of different colors. My very first berry I bought a yellow housing for. I didn't feel like messing around with the housings on the last 2 and won't on my current one either but yes please bring on the colors!
    07-24-12 07:23 PM
    95% of people use a case on their phone. So what would be the point in wasting all that energy and costs to make 5% of consumers happy?
    Energy and cost? They already have the model. Putting different colored hardware would cost nothing....I want a white Torch 9850 for myself haha
    07-24-12 07:30 PM

Yeah not only is it basically one color per carrier, the colors are often very limited.

ATT gets the exclusive red color for the Galaxy S3, and people want to get it when it comes out, I see why BB is at the bottom of the barrel, a lot of its users don't want change either.
    07-24-12 08:11 PM
    BLACK or white.....preferably BLACK.....I'm GOOD
    Racist !

I heard there are 50 shades of grey between black and white.
    07-24-12 08:18 PM
    And where did you get this information from? School lunch table?
    Because Rim already makes different colors for different phones....the style is in purple for Sprint, The Torch is White on ATT. I don't know of all the colors, but I have seen silver Curves and blue ones as well. They just don't release them all at once or for one model. And I am sure more than HALF of one in ten people own a different color version of a Blackberry....
    07-24-12 08:23 PM
    I'm quite happy with the black. Looks sleek.
    07-24-12 08:27 PM
    Haha Bla1ze...

Sorry, but I actually love my White BB Bold too much to want more colors...
    07-24-12 08:33 PM
    My first bb was blue. Could never figure out why it was called a blackberry since you couldn't even get a black one.
    crackcookie likes this.
    07-24-12 08:34 PM
    Red Samsung Galaxy S III First Look | PhoneDog

You can skip to about 1:20 mark, but why are people so against something as simple as colors, but all for the mock up new phones???? You people....don't make much sense at all
    07-26-12 02:40 PM
    Black - Tried, tested and true! Nothing beats it. It always looks sleek and cool. I would not have my devices in any other color.

White - Looks sexy as heck! But this is more a color for BALLER$ (like CB Kevin). I say this because just like a white car, those things get tanned over time and for something like a BB that's always in use, those white BBs look quite nasty. So you would most definitely have to replace it overtime.

With other colors.... it's hard. Especially if you don't have a killer seller on your hands. No vendor wants to get stuck with a bunch of devices that aren't selling, especially if they're in a different color from the norm. I'm sure carriers/OEMs were hesistant about "White" devices at first too (aside from Apple). Black & white cover both ends of the spectrum.

If you want a different color, maybe Colorware is the route to go.
    07-26-12 08:15 PM
    can they just release a White AND Black blackberry at the same time...on EVERY carrier???

geez! it cant be that hard!

i really want a white 9930 without having to do it myself
    07-27-12 11:41 AM
    14 year old girls would love a purple or pink phone.

'nough said.

Sure you can get a case but that is an afterthought. If BB had the only pink phone on display, that would be huge for brand positioning.
    07-27-12 07:23 PM
    Compare New BlackBerry Curve Smartphones - US

Look at the great color selection offered
    07-29-12 04:06 PM
    Does.....anyone care, why are you all sheep for a single color?

Attachment 114995
    08-02-12 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD