HEy everyone

I have a huge problem with my Blackberry 8900... I bought this phone two weeks ago and I also purchased a 8Gb mini Sd card memory along with it since I like to have space for songs and pictures... Now I run into this issue.. I have only 3 songs in it.. and around 30 pictures... and downloaded facebook, Gtalk and windows messager... I DO NOT have themes or anything else in it!.. Anyway I went to Options/Memory and it says

Application Memory
    Free space: 76.8MB

Media Card
    Total Space: 7.4 GB
    Free Space 2.3 GB

WHATTT .. it says I have only 2.3 GB of free space... I dont know whats taking all of my space.. so I plugged it in and I clicked on the BLackberry Icon on desktop and it says the same thing. that I only have 2.3 Gb.. I dont know whats taking the rest of my memory! I mean I barely have anything in it... Any help? suggestions? pleaseee... I tried to put 3 gb of music and it said I have no space.. Im really upsettt..

I would use some help here.. thanks everyone in advance!
    05-20-10 11:05 PM
    Reformat the card as FAT32.
    05-20-10 11:10 PM
    Reformat the card as FAT32.
    and how do I do that? im sorry I dont know much about these things! .. thanks
    05-20-10 11:17 PM
    You'll want to take all the pictures and stuff off it it, or make sure to make a copy of them. (Last time I formatted a card it deleted everything for me. I was a little upset! lol) Then go to options>memory and when you hit the bb button to pull up the menu it should say format.

I don't know how to format it to a specific type or if that is possible at all, but formating it in general will make it more compatible with the phone! Hope that helped!
    05-21-10 01:19 AM
    Connect your memory card to pc using a card reader - right mouse click on the drive - select format. You will get a small window with the format options. Set the 'file system' to fat32 and click format...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 05:03 AM
    Thank you so much!!!... I did the PC thing.. and formatted the Sdcard to Fat32 and now it works perfectly!.. it says I have 7,4 GB free space .. YAY

GRacias!!!
    05-21-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD