I assume your point is that T-Mobile and the other carriers have recently lowered their plan costs for customers to be competitive with the prepaid carriers which were offering unlimited plans at lower prices.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 08:55 PM
    I assume your point is that T-Mobile and the other carriers have recently lowered their plan costs for customers to be competitive with the prepaid carriers which were offering unlimited plans at lower prices.

Posted via CB10
    No my point is a BBOS device, on a carrier's BIS server, equals a service fee owed by that carrier to BlackBerry for that device. It is up to the carrier how that fee is recovered from the end user. Most carriers in the US just started including it as part of the data plan and not charging a specific BIS item on the bill. They did usually still charge separate for BES add on. In BB10 these are not needed.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-14-14 09:08 PM
    I'm guessing that T-mobile wants the contract renewed to sell legacy Blackberry phones. I'm also guessing that Blackberry wants some reassurances that T-mobile won't target Blackberry users to switch platforms and wants T-Mobiile to carry some of he new models. And that's where I bet it will sit for a while.
    09-14-14 09:21 PM
    I think it would be rather presumptuous of Chen to take AT&T or Verizon's commitment to Blackberry for granted, though.
    For sure. But as I said, selling at retail is expensive compared to corporate channels. In the U.S., it is probably likely that most of the remaining people on a BlackBerry are in enterprises. It wouldn't make sense for Chen to spend MDF dollars in T-Mobile (which seems more consumer entrenched) then AT&T and Verizon which have less expensive corporate channels to fund. Better ROI potential

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:50 AM
    I'm guessing that T-mobile wants the contract renewed to sell legacy Blackberry phones. I'm also guessing that Blackberry wants some reassurances that T-mobile won't target Blackberry users to switch platforms and wants T-Mobiile to carry some of he new models. And that's where I bet it will sit for a while.
    I'm guessing there is more chance of Tmob offering another round of incentive at the Passport launch to get their remaining legacy customers to update.
    09-15-14 01:18 PM
    Too late suckers got my passport from amazon lmao

Bbm#42
    09-29-14 01:35 PM
    The most obvious difference is that most people aren't willing to buy their phones outright - they want them subsidized from their carrier. Can't do that if the carrier doesn't carry the phone you want.
    T-Mobile doesn't subsidize phones anymore.
    09-29-14 01:39 PM
    The are no contracts with T-Mobile. Plus, it is only $10/month. $10 time 24 (2 years) is $240. That wouldn't even cover half the cost of a phone that most people want. Sorry, but your idea doesn't work for me. And, with T-Mobile I could get a new BlackBerry every year when they introduce a new one.

Posted via CB10
    If you bought a low-end T-Mobile phone, the payments might be $10 per month, but certainly not on the higher end phones such as iPhone 6. Monthly payment is $27 @ 24 months = $649.

iPhone 6 | Apple iPhone 6 Reviews & Specs | New iPhone 6 | T-Mobile
    09-29-14 01:52 PM
    T-Mobile's ceo is a moron. He was trying to get BlackBerry users to jump ship. No way to go back.

From my ? phone.
    09-29-14 02:04 PM
109 ... 345