09-12-14 08:09 AM
    Why would they want to?
    09-12-14 08:11 AM
    Why does he feel sorry for BlackBerry users wanting to be on their network when they tried to persuade them to swap for the iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 08:12 AM
    Maybe not enough converted. Maybe they are having BlackBerry users leave for a different carrier. I know I have absolutely no loyalty to a carrier here in Canada.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    acovey likes this.
    09-12-14 08:16 AM
    I think that BlackBerry needs to get on this. Sure, it was ridiculous that T-Mobile did what they did to BlackBerry, but in the end T-Mobile was doing what they thought would bring them more customers and they were trying to build a better relationship with Apple - which is a smart business move in their situation. I am a T-Mobile customer and a huge BlackBerry fan. I am looking to upgrade my Q10 in about two months but guess what? I can't get a BlackBerry. I don't have the luxury of switching to another carrier, nor the luxury to buy a $600 or $700 phone from BlackBerry. I bet I am not the only T-Mobile customer that feels this way either.

T-Mobile is willing to at least sell BlackBerry phones, whether that is in stores or just online. BlackBerry needs to lose their pride, except that they are not a big player in the game, and reconcile with T-Mobile so that they can do what's right for THIER CUSTOMERS.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 08:46 AM
    Roger Chen has no backbone.
    09-12-14 09:13 AM
    This CNET was staged by Legere if you ask me.......like John call me! When Rogers tried to ditch BlackBerry they received a backlash much larger than they expected. Perhaps Legere is sensing that this may not have been his best moment. BlackBerry is showing not only signs of life, but they are showing great potential of software services going forward, I am not talking hardware......i am talking software. Legere may be seeing this change in BlackBerry and doesn't want to be caught in the future of missing out. There were 2 intelligent things he said.....if BlackBerry consumers want a BlackBerry device then he should get them it and second, business is business and he should not allow emotions to get involved, which he clearly did a few months back.

Posted via CB10
    Kwms and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-12-14 09:34 AM
    I think that BlackBerry needs to get on this. Sure, it was ridiculous that T-Mobile did what they did to BlackBerry, but in the end T-Mobile was doing what they thought would bring them more customers and they were trying to build a better relationship with Apple - which is a smart business move in their situation. I am a T-Mobile customer and a huge BlackBerry fan. I am looking to upgrade my Q10 in about two months but guess what? I can't get a BlackBerry. I don't have the luxury of switching to another carrier, nor the luxury to buy a $600 or $700 phone from BlackBerry. I bet I am not the only T-Mobile customer that feels this way either.

T-Mobile is willing to at least sell BlackBerry phones, whether that is in stores or just online. BlackBerry needs to lose their pride, except that they are not a big player in the game, and reconcile with T-Mobile so that they can do what's right for THIER CUSTOMERS.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's so much as pride, as at the time John Chen had his hands full with other problems, and probably couldn't stem the results anyhow. But I do agree with you as BlackBerry should take up the olive branch. If BlackBerry and T-Mobile could work out a reasonable deal for both sides, this could be a major endorsement for BlackBerry in a positive light in the US market.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:40 AM
    BIS is almost dead in the US. BlackBerry should just kill it off in this market, or stop charging the carriers here a fee for it. T-Mobile looked at the books, saw payments to BlackBerry for BIS service that was eating into their profits, and decided to try to migrate customers. They could have been more tactful, but by that time it was clear that BB10 were not getting these people to upgrade so they tried to offer something different.

BlackBerry and the carriers need to partner together to create incentives and deals to get rid of BBOS devices in the US and get those people and businesses on BB10 ASAP. BBOS is an albatross hanging on the neck of BlackBerry that needs to be removed.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-12-14 09:53 AM
    I am not here to dwell on the pass. But, I like how he put it back on John Chen- also, he is right- whatever issues are going on between those corps- should not effect the users from having what they want on whatever network (very good point).
    kbz1960 and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-12-14 09:55 AM
    Why would they want to?
    Why wouldn't they?

They both want to sell more of what they offer, regardless of anything else.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 10:08 AM
    Being a huge BB and TMO fan, I would love to see this happen. I know people love to hate US carriers' treatment of BlackBerry devices, and I know I've told this story before, but I had a great experience while buying my Z10. I went in a couple weeks before speculated launch and asked if they had any confirmation of the exact launch date. They said that they still didn't know, but their manager had just attended an expo for the BB10 devices and came back super stoked about the new berries. I went back on launch date (March 27th, IIRC) and picked up my Z10. They hadn't received their demo unit, so all free reps were watching me set my phone up. I swiped around the OS and they all thought it was really slick. A couple months later I went back to play around with the Q10. One of the reps recognized me and asked me if I was there for the Q10 and took his own personal one out of his pocket. I know it's been 1.5 years now, but I'd like to think that BlackBerry could re-establish their brand image to the carriers by holding more of those expos and do some in-depth training on the devices. I really don't think sending the devices and saying "here, sell these" will cut it right now.
    09-12-14 10:12 AM
    At the time of T-Mobile's original offer, T-Mobile stated that they had all of 45,000 BB customers, including both BBOS and BB10. Who knows how many they have now? But even if T-Mo lost every last BB customer, they probably wouldn't notice. Realistically, though, most T-Mo BB customers will simply switch to an iPhone or Android phone and stay with T-Mo.

In this case, BB needs T-Mo far more than T-Mo needs BB.
    09-12-14 11:09 AM
    Why would they want to?
    So they could reach a larger demographic and maybe sell more phones? That's a guess but it seems like something they would want.
    09-12-14 11:35 AM
    The thread title needs a question mark as it is out of context.
    09-12-14 11:36 AM
    At the time of T-Mobile's original offer, T-Mobile stated that they had all of 45,000 BB customers, including both BBOS and BB10. Who knows how many they have now? But even if T-Mo lost every last BB customer, they probably wouldn't notice. Realistically, though, most T-Mo BB customers will simply switch to an iPhone or Android phone and stay with T-Mo.

In this case, BB needs T-Mo far more than T-Mo needs BB.
    Well, the fact that Legere is saying "John, Call me", instead of picking up the phone himself and making the call to Chen underscores your point about BB needing T-Mobile more. The problem is what is the point of patching things up if T-Mobile isn't going to make any effort to actually sell BB phones? With T-Mobile allowing you to bring any unlocked compatible GSM phone onto their network, If people have to wait and have it shipped to them they might as well just buy the phone directly from BB.
    09-12-14 03:03 PM
    The most obvious difference is that most people aren't willing to buy their phones outright - they want them subsidized from their carrier. Can't do that if the carrier doesn't carry the phone you want.
    09-12-14 03:09 PM
    Well, the fact that Legere is saying "John, Call me", instead of picking up the phone himself and making the call to Chen underscores your point about BB needing T-Mobile more. The problem is what is the point of patching things up if T-Mobile isn't going to make any effort to actually sell BB phones? With T-Mobile allowing you to bring any unlocked compatible GSM phone onto their network, If people have to wait and have it shipped to them they might as well just buy the phone directly from BB.
    One reason is because only T-Mobile branded phones support WiFi Calling.

I fall in the camp of being loyal to both T-Mobile and BlackBerry and seeing a pretty bleak future if they don't reconcile. I've not--personally--seen the problems others describe with T-Mo. I took advantage of the hated Blackberry deal by trading in an old 8330 on a new Q10--worked great for me. I've talked to T-Mobile reps a number of times and only one has given me a hard time about BlackBerry; most recognize that I want a BlackBerry and express their dismay that they can no longer sell me an upgraded one.

Ultimately, as Legere says, it should be about business, not emotions. It's in both of their interests (but especially in BlackBerry's) to kiss and make up. Or at least cooperate and sell more phones on the T-Mo network.
    ponpiri likes this.
    09-12-14 03:33 PM
    Come on Mr. Chen talk with him and shake yours hands, we need sell the awesome passport in the US and all the complete world!!!
    09-12-14 03:39 PM
    My contract is up with AT&T next April when my Z10 will be 2 years old. I will end up with whichever carrier offers BlackBerry, I'm thinking someone has to jump on the BlackBerry wagon by then.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-12-14 03:41 PM
    It's a business not a romantic relationship. As long as there's mutual financial benefits between the two companies, it will happen.
    Blacklatino and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-12-14 03:52 PM
    Personally I like T Mobile and they have good plans for the money, since I travel overseas from time to time, their new global plan is hard to beat.

The way I feel is that I shouldn't have to change my carrier to support any brand whether it's BlackBerry or anyone else for that matter. I am the customer and they should be supporting me, that's why I pay the fees for their service very month.

As far as the BlackBerry thing goes, I really think based on what little market share they have left in in the USA, time is on the side of T Mobile. Apple and Android are the new titans on the block, so why waste their resources and effort trying to patch things up.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    JeepBB, Doggerz, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    09-12-14 03:57 PM
    The most obvious difference is that most people aren't willing to buy their phones outright - they want them subsidized from their carrier. Can't do that if the carrier doesn't carry the phone you want.
    T-Mobile technically doesn't subsidize though. You just pay in installments. I could do the same thing every month on my own and buy phones outright from BlackBerry.

As for Wi-Fi calling, BlackBerry simply has to enable and configure it like they already do with the Z10 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 05:01 PM
    When did LeJerk say "John, Call me." ??? Are you making things up and calling them "facts"?
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-12-14 05:07 PM
    When did LeJerk say "John, Call me." ??? Are you making things up and calling them "facts"?
    He says it in the video and makes a "phone like" gesture with his hand.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 05:11 PM
109 123 ...