Don't tell them you've upgraded your operating system. They'll say you voided your warranty after giving you an hour of uneducated worthless advice.

Sorry, I'm frustrated...
    08-17-09 09:03 PM
    You have been through something few of us will ever have the oppertunity, you have paid the $50 to get through to BlackBerry Support.

To my mind, it is simple. You have a hardware issue that is covered by the warranty, or your have software issue that is not.

What is up?
    08-17-09 09:10 PM
    I actually didn't have to pay. I called tmobile and they transfered me over there. Its a software issue. I bought aerize optimizer through app world about 6 months ago which worked amazing for the first like 2 months. Thennn I upgraded my operating system. The license key somehow vanished. I went into app world to get it back and the page had the "Purchase" button, like i had never bought it in the first place. I contacted the vendor about the issue and they told me I'd need to go through the app world support, because they didn't handle the license keys. So i emailed the app world. The emailed me back saying I needed to go to the Aerize Optimizer page and in the menu click "get license key" which obviously wasn't there as the app world was basically saying i hadnt bought it. I've been through like 3 operating systems since then, and have had the same issue with every one. So I've waited a few months, but i tried to send them a support email, but their website was saying my pin was invalid.

I called tmobile, who put me through to blackberry technical support pretty quickly. First, the guy basically talked to me like I was my 85 year old grandmother for about a half an hour, not listening to a word I said. After he realized I know my way around the phone fairly well, he was trying to tell me that the product developer was the one who supplied the key, not the app world. After a bit of digging, I found the email from them stating that i needed to get the product key from inside of app world.

He didn't seem to understand that the only issue was the app world not recognizing that i had bought the application. Then he asked me was operating system and i said it had been on .231, .239, and .250. Then he asked me how i got those on my phone. I explained to which he was astonished that anyone in the world knew about the top secret stage III classified vendor file. He then explained to me that deleting that file was ruining my phone and that I had voided my warranty. I explained that everything, EVERYTHING, works fine on my phone besides this one little thing, but he continued to tell me that their officially released OS was making this one little glitch in the app world.

Its not the 10 dollars that pisses me off, its how it's impossible to get live help from them, and then when i do i get some incompetent *****.

If you haven't figured this out, I would not recommend spending the $50 dollars ever... EVEEEEERRRRR.

And with that i'm off to dinner ha ha sorry to go on a rant. And sorry if it's not the most well written thing ever i wrote it in a hurry...
    08-17-09 09:28 PM
    That's what u get for buying software. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 09:33 PM
    He then explained to me that deleting that file was ruining my phone and that I had voided my warranty. ...
    Got you now.

The support guys work with the technical data base. Alternate carrier supported, beta and hybrid's don't exist in their World view. Beyond here... there be dragons!

If I understand correctly, Aerize is where you need to concentrate your efforts. Only they can provide an activation code after you have upgraded your OS.

08-17-09 09:38 PM
    This has absolutely nothing to do with RIM. The app is simply
    incompatible with the OS you are using. Easy solution, if it is that
    important to you, downgrade to the last version it worked with
    and be done with it. Or contact Aerize and see if they can help.
    08-17-09 09:43 PM
    I am very happy that I have sprint because I don't have to pay for bb support and my insurance never runs out I just have to pay 50 bucks for a replacement phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 09:52 PM
    No, the application runs fine. It runs fine for the 7 day trial period. Nothing is wrong with the application. It took me 30 min to explain that to the support person. It's that i don't have the license key, which comes from rim and the app world. I contacted the vendor and they said that RIM and the App World handle the serial number/license keys. Rim confirmed this in an email.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with RIM. The app is simply
    incompatible with the OS you are using. Easy solution, if it is that
    important to you, downgrade to the last version it worked with
    and be done with it. Or contact Aerize and see if they can help.
    this is directly from blackberry...

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support in regards to the registration number for your application purchase.

1. Highlight the affected application
    2. Hit the "Menu button" (to the left of the trackball)
    3. Click the "view registration key" option
    4. A small window will pop up with the registration key. Select "copy"
    5. Launch the application and when prompted paste the registration key in the field

I think i'm SOL with getting the License. Which really isn't a big deal to me. Its just how ignorant the guy I talked to was. And its frustrating not getting what you pay for, even if it's only 10 dollars.
    Last edited by MarkyMark8713; 08-17-09 at 11:30 PM.
    08-17-09 11:27 PM
    I just realized what a terrible second post that was! Sorry for the negative start i was/am just really frustrated.

This forum is great though! Even though we're all warranty voiding vendor.xml deleting renegades!

Thanks for the advice
    08-17-09 11:33 PM
    No, the application runs fine. It runs fine for the 7 day trial period. Nothing is wrong with the application. It took me 30 min to explain that to the support person. It's that i don't have the license key, which comes from rim and the app world. I contacted the vendor and they said that RIM and the App World handle the serial number/license keys. Rim confirmed this in an email.
    RIM does not generate registration codes for third party apps. That is why
    you need to contact the developer of the app. Talking to RIM is spinning
    your wheels. All they were doing was explaining how to enter the code. They
    were not stating that they have it or were responsible for it's genaration.
    08-18-09 12:00 AM
    RIM does not generate registration codes for third party apps. That is why
    you need to contact the developer of the app. Talking to RIM is spinning
    your wheels. All they were doing was explaining how to enter the code. They
    were not stating that they have it or were responsible for it's genaration.
    Really? Everything I've found makes me think differently, but maybe i'm wrong. This is what Aerize said, I've emailed them a lot and they've said i needed to talk to the app world.

"If you purchased from AppWorld, all you need to do is delete and re-download the application to receive your serial number again. It will be provided in a pop up dialog box that will prompt you to copy it to the clipboard. You may need to first sign in with your PayPal ID to be able to reconcile the MyWorld purchase history."

That's how i got the serial number the first time. I also found this:

htttp://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=applications&message.id=1747#M174 7 (Take out a t in http)

That says:

"For third-party applications that require a license key, a message screen will appear once the download completes which will display the license key."

And this:

"Should a BlackBerry smartphone user not remember to copy the license key, it is also available in the My World screen within the Application Details for reference. If a BlackBerry smartphone user switches to a new BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry smartphone user must log in to My World to see the purchased application and it's associated license key information"
    08-18-09 12:17 AM
    Yeah dealing with ignorant support (the ones who get paid to be supposedly helpful) is a pain. But that's why we have these forums!
    08-18-09 12:40 AM
    Really? Everything I've found makes me think differently, but maybe i'm wrong. This is what Aerize said, I've emailed them a lot and they've said i needed to talk to the app world.

"If you purchased from AppWorld, all you need to do is delete and re-download the application to receive your serial number again. It will be provided in a pop up dialog box that will prompt you to copy it to the clipboard. You may need to first sign in with your PayPal ID to be able to reconcile the MyWorld purchase history."
    ... and they are correct. You can re-download apps, change devices to get
    a new license key, etc for apps purchased from app world, but make no
    mistake, this has nothing at all to do with RIM.

I did that with about 9 apps when I switched from the Curve to the Bold
    and again when I went from the Bold to the 8900. Aerize Alerts was one of them.
    08-18-09 12:51 AM
    ... and they are correct. You can re-download apps, change devices to get
    a new license key, etc for apps purchased from app world, but make no
    mistake, this has nothing at all to do with RIM.

I did that with about 9 apps when I switched from the Curve to the Bold
    and again when I went from the Bold to the 8900. Aerize Alerts was one of them.
    K. What do you think I should do then? I've had extensive contact with Aerize and all they've said is I need to contact App World. I contact App world and first they say I need to contact Aerize, then they say I messed it up by loading OS's that weren't Tmobile based. Did you have issues with Aerize Allerts? The thing that makes me think it's a BB issue, or maybe something with my pin, is that the App World show the "Purchase" button when I go to the optimizer... Thanks again for your help.
    08-18-09 01:21 AM
    None at all. I logged into my account, entered the new info and
    it returned me a new license key for every app I purchased.
    08-18-09 01:53 AM
    Don't tell them you've upgraded your operating system. They'll say you voided your warranty after giving you an hour of uneducated worthless advice.

Sorry, I'm frustrated...

fully agreed! this is the nice advice I must add
    08-18-09 03:25 AM
    None at all. I logged into my account, entered the new info and
    it returned me a new license key for every app I purchased.
    But this isn't happening for me. When i go it it says purchase, and acts like i've never bought it. I can download it fine, it works fine, i just cant retrieve the pin because it acts as though i've never bought it.
    08-18-09 12:28 PM
    I assume you got some kind of confirmation email that you bought the product? Send that to them or any other receipt you have and explain their system is not recognizing your original purchase and you need to download it again.
    08-18-09 01:49 PM
    I assume you got some kind of confirmation email that you bought the product? Send that to them or any other receipt you have and explain their system is not recognizing your original purchase and you need to download it again.
    Man I tried for over an hour to explain to him all that. I tried to give him my confirmation number. I tried to read him the emails from Aerize's support. He wasn't taking anything. I don't think i'm gonna be able to get a key again without just buying it.
    08-18-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD