Does anyone remember entering a contest through either the Blackberry site or the Blackberry Connection newsletters where if you update your profile you get entered into a contest to win a new device? I thought there was a contest like this. I recently received a couple of emails saying that I was a winner. The email came from blackberrysupport @maritz com. I'm wondering if this is legitimate or spam? I checked the site and Blackberry Connection but can't seem to find anything. Has anyone else received emails like this?
    05-21-10 02:07 PM
    Spam is spam regardless of source. so it is almost certainly a scam of some kind. Wait for it to start asking for personal info which can be used for fraud or identity theft.
    05-21-10 02:12 PM
    Thanks! I agree. And I see that there's another thread regarding this same topic so everyone can disregard this one. I didn't see it in my search on the site.
    05-21-10 02:19 PM
    No problem, a few extra voices helps others to NOT miss in a search. I "broke" the email you cited to block our newbie users from clicking on it without thinking, but it should still search on the key words
    05-22-10 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD