View Poll Results: Which one should i get ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry

13 61.90%
  • Motorola Droid

3 14.29%
  • Iphone

3 14.29%
  • Palm Pre

2 9.52%
  • others ..

0 0%
    I hate it when people only reply to my earlier posts and not the newer ones.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...ml#post4708798 << look at that one, I already admitted I made a mistake.
    02-20-10 05:03 PM
    Actually I've got several friends with Android phones, but they ain't hanging with the cool crowd. I do and am a nerd (and hey I got maximum points in the Java programming exam!) that's why nerds bow to me when they see me. Haha

BlackBerry here is a rarity, people are like "oh wow how much did that cost" when they see me typing away on my Storm2 xD

Ohhh but hey why didn't you reply to my post above yours, there was really no need to bring up this one again :S I was in a bad mood when I wrote the post you quoted ffs

edit: this was directed @avt123
    The funny thing is, your Storm 2 is cheaper than the iPhone and a lot of Android devices, so I don't understand the backing behind that one. Also, BBs are probably rare because no one wants them in your school. Most kids aren't attracted to dull OSs.

If phones decide on what "group" you hang around in that is pretty sad. Good thing I'm not a teenager anymore because that would be a sad life to live.

I didn't reply to the one above mine because you posted it while I was probably typing the other one.
    EDIT-NVM you didn't. I responded to it because it was a response to my previous post.
    02-20-10 05:07 PM
    BlackBerry is rare here because there are no BlackBerry smartphones here. I live in Finland. No carrier supports BlackBerry. No one sells BlackBerry. To get one you need to purchase overseas. That's why it's rare. It's not about the OS and nobody in my age could care about the interface as long as Facebook and SMS gets through.

Sad life to live? You are sad for thinking this is a sad life to live. You obviously know NOTHING about being a teen anymore or your generation was much different when you were a teen.

Not trying to be offensive or anything, but please don't engage in this particular discussion anymore, I really must laugh when I read your posts and reasoning. You are welcome to criticize an other posts I've made in this thread.
    02-20-10 05:11 PM
    I'm glad you can speak on behalf of every other teenager in the world on the usefulness of an application that, because it doesn't pertain to your particular situation, is useless.

Some of us have unlimited SMS so we can communicate with other phones more than 100 times a month.

Also, I'm willing to put $200 bucks up on PayPal that the OP is definitely not in the same boat as you as far as knowing no one with a BB in her life.
    Look I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone, I did exaggerate a bit. I'm sorry for that and I have only best intentions to continue this discussion in a civilized manner.

I'm not going as far as saying it is a fact, let geographical and social situations determine this, but BlackBerry is more for adults. I mean that it was not designed from the start to be used by teenagers. Ok, no phone probably is, but you must admit that the iPhone is very close in this regard.

If going back to CrackBerry Kevins Hierarchy of Smartphone Needs | CrackBerry.com, you will see that connectivity, compatibility and security has the most priority of all, followed by daily usability and performance. Now if you flip this figure around you will have an app for everything and features for everyday life as the most important points in the hierarchy. What is interesting is that no matter how you flip the figure around, you will always end up with communication and productivity in the middle. I will emphasize the word communication, because I feel it could actually be a section of its own.

Now with that preface let me continue. We teenagers are immature and often focus on things like trying to fit in a certain group in school et cetera. We prioritize things differently compared to adults. If I didn't knew better this probably has been documented in the past as well. Teenagers like me struggle daily to keep a good balance between school and life (and for some, a job). Having a busy life like ours means less time to interact with certain people in person and more stuff to do and handle (and we need to look good when doing things, hence the need to boost our coolness factor ).

A mobile device should be more than anything else, a communication device. BlackBerry Messenger is one piece of excellent software, I admit that, and it connects hundreds if not millions of people around the world daily, every hour, every minute. For these people it is an important application they probably couldn't live without.

Facebook, Twitter and to a lesser extent MySpace, are preferred by teenagers for several things. I won't go now in detail as to why it is like this, but it is like this, get used to it. What I know is that I can communicate with my school mates and friends. That is the most important point to me.

Now regardless of which networks I have an account to, my needs may lean towards the an app for everything category instead of connectivity, compatibility and security category. Why this I can't tell you either, get used to it too (did I say that we are immature?)

BlackBerry certainly is an excellent platform for communication, but doesn't necessarily fill in the gap between communication and productivity. That "gap" is entertainment and fun. Although there are a handful of great games and good media capabilities for the BlackBerry platform, they are nowhere close to what the iPhone can deliver.

Yes, we need those fart apps. Stuff that seems useless to adults are kind of important to us. We need to fool around and do useless stuff. One Facebook group describes it best: "old enough to know it's a bad idea, young enough not to care". That particular line describes me and my friends almost completely.

To us a mobile phone is something we use to throw around, forget in places we have forgot we were in (Baileys anyone? ) and call our best friends whenever we are depressed.

For a teenager a BlackBerry is a good choice, but there are so many other phones out there that can be a better choice. I say yes and no, a BlackBerry is suitable and at the same time not for a teenager. Depends, but often we buy a mobile phone for looks and because they somehow "define" us.

My BlackBerry... maybe I've been a bit harsh, it's not a status symbol. It's my friend. A best friend forever <3.

(reposted so my earlier post is left forgotten)
    02-20-10 05:12 PM
    BlackBerry is rare here because there are no BlackBerry smartphones here. I live in Finland. No carrier supports BlackBerry. No one sells BlackBerry. To get one you need to purchase overseas. That's why it's rare. It's not about the OS and nobody in my age could care about the interface as long as Facebook and SMS gets through.

Sad life to live? You are sad for thinking this is a sad life to live. You obviously know NOTHING about being a teen anymore or your generation was much different when you were a teen.

Not trying to be offensive or anything, but please don't engage in this particular discussion anymore, I really must laugh when I read your posts and reasoning. You are welcome to criticize an other posts I've made in this thread.
    I am 20 years old. Sorry, I know what it was like to be a teenager. You live in Finland. I live in America. 3 years ago Facebook wasn't even available for HS students until around the end of my senior year. FB was originally created for college students (generation gap right there). MySpace was where it was at, and I barely used that, my girlfriend at the time actually made it for me. Maybe it was the life I had that made me see things a lot differently than you, and how my maturity level was a lot higher when I was your age.

Now when I say it is sad. It ******* is. Where I come from, phones don't dictate who hangs out with who. The person does. If you don't see anything wrong with that, then there is something wrong with you and the people you are surrounded by. But like I said before, and you openly admitted, you are still immature. But, I guess my generation was more mature than yours when I was in HS.

The guy who got laid was cool (been like that since my parents went to school, but I guess now it's different), not the guy with some phone no one had. Even that didn't decide who they hung out with, their personality did. That just helped them get more chicks because now all the girls knew who was experienced.

And do not tell me what to do and what not to do. Your BlackBerry won't persuade me to like you more and listen to what you have to say.
    02-20-10 05:25 PM
    hahahahahaahahahahahaha, the Blackberry kills the iPhone in social networking hahahahahahahaha.

Ok for a teenager how in the heck does a Blackberry kill for social networking. What do you think a high school is a corporate office and all students are issued blackberry's so they can all bbm each other easily hahaha how old are you 52 or something. Social networking pretty much comes down to the UI, and what you can do on the application from the phone. I think the guy was referring to facebook, twitter etc. things like that not bbm hahahaha definetly not bbm how many 15 yr olds do you see on crackberry raving about bbm not many. Go with the iPhone or Android kids don't listen to old man johnson here. (im a little tipsy which is why you got attacked i usually am pretty calm lol), but your clearly wrong to say a device which is focused on multimedia loses to a blackberry come on im drunk but what are you hi on cocaine.
    I distinctly stated BB kills iPhone as far as BBM/texting is concerned. BB's external keyboard KILLS iPhone's digital one. Whether a teenager does those things is irrelevant to your argument. If they primarily use BBM/text then a Blackberry is for them; if they use facebook, twitter, etc (on a phone) iPhone is probably a better option. And on another note, what does it say about your own "social networking" when you're drunkenly posting on the Crackberry forums?
    02-20-10 05:38 PM
    @avt123 hmmm at no point did I say a phone dictates in which group one belongs etc or how cool one is. plus, this is CrackBerry so I kinda try to focus on BlackBerry, now if we were to talk about who the guy is that got laid... haha ask my friends and you'll know where 99% of my street cred comes from

I'm a nice guy actually, but come on a bit of fun and exaggerating must be. I mean how else would you have survived the teens without all drama? And you know what I mean with drama
    02-20-10 05:38 PM
    @avt123 hmmm at no point did I say a phone dictates in which group one belongs etc or how cool one is.
    Ok, let's see....

I have a BlackBerry ONLY to show off (no one here uses BlackBerry and people think it's something holy et cetera so I get street cred for carrying one with me).
    Status symbol. You are using a BB as a status symbol, which in reality increases your popularity.

Actually I've got several friends with Android phones, but they ain't hanging with the cool crowd. I do and am a nerd (and hey I got maximum points in the Java programming exam!) that's why nerds bow to me when they see me. Haha
    Now with this, you are saying people with Android devices aren't in the "cool" group? With this you only give that because they have Android devices they can't be in the "cool" crowd. You gave no other reason to why they are not cool ( I really don't care though).

BlackBerry here is a rarity, people are like "oh wow how much did that cost" when they see me typing away on my Storm2 xD
    Now you are implying that people where you live (just like most other places) think expensive is cool. They want to know how much it costs because if it is cheap, then who cares, and if it is expensive, then they want it.

And yes, I know HS drama. I was mature enough to stay out of it an not get involved, because it is not worth the stress and humiliation. I was very popular in my school because I was my own person.I also played sports and what not so drama wasn't a big part of my life.

Anyways, I am done with this. Enjoy your your rare status symbol.

And yes, I will be asking your friends to see if you were lying about getting laid.....
    02-20-10 05:58 PM
    Absolutely, I got my first BlackBerry as a teenager. Start young!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 06:14 PM
    I'm 17 and I have a storm and its awesome I don't need the apps.

02-20-10 06:16 PM
    Yeah, sure! I'm only 14 and I love my blackberry. I dont know how I could live without one!

Go ahead and get one
    02-20-10 07:03 PM
    Its never to early to learn. I had one when I was 15 and I had no idea what I was doing. These days there more user friendly though, its a good learning experience plus a great phone. Go for it.........
    02-20-10 07:13 PM
    I think if your able to afford the Blackberry and the Data plan go for it...

...Its great for text msg and IM applications because of the Keyboard.....and it is COOL phone you know how many people have this phone just getting on the subway I look and I can spot atleast 3-4 Young Adults with it....Yea imma spotter!

I say go for it and dont look back!
    This guy is so right!!
    This how i see it... if youre a teenager, your getting your BIS payed and your friends have BB, then this is a no brainer!! but keep in mind this is not a gaming phone... it has multimedia... but thats all...
    People say that BB are for executives and only to work, but thats not true anymore... A lot of people prefer to text... But SMS arent free or unlimited, at least not everywhere...

So if the people around you have BB, youve got a free way to communicate with them... you can get a voice plan with few minutes and a BIS and youre done...
    you might not be using a lot of email as a teen( ive might be wrong), but you can browse decently on a BB, people arent all the time on msn, yahoo, gtalk or aol, but BBM is always there...

There might be better phones out there, but as i see it, they dont offer the service RIM does...

Also i dont consider a blackberry as a symbol of status... no way... now anybody can have one... youve gotta be smart... if it suits you then get one, if not... well get a droid, an iphone or whatever you could still get instant messaging, but as i say before, people might not be available all the time... if you know how to use it, BB can be a cheap way to communicate, with the right BIS of course... or dunno it might be the plans offered in my country...
    i just wanted to show my point of view...
    02-20-10 07:39 PM
    I say go for it . Blackberry is suitable for everyone . Just stay in school kid!
    02-20-10 07:41 PM
    I say go for it . Blackberry is suitable for everyone . Just stay in school kid!
    agreed stay in school lol.
    02-20-10 07:43 PM
    Hello. I'm fifteen this year. I plan to buy a blackberry bold 9700 or curve, but i heard alot of people said that blackberry is more suitable for business man I want a phone that has keyboard and entertaning apps So ... Do blackberry has a lot of games too

p.s : sorry for my poor english
    first off, happy birthday. and if you want a berry go for it. the 9700 is great. the new curve is a good one too. but i feel its really gone cheap. i would stick with the bold.
    02-20-10 09:13 PM
    but none of my friends is using bb. So the BBM for me is useless
    02-20-10 10:16 PM
    then, honestly, BB are not for you, because, be honest, you arent using email on a daily basis? right??
    And you will only use services as windows live, yahoo, gtalk, twitter, facebook, etc which you could easily acces from any other not-RIM device... and you want games also, as i told you before, Blackberrys arent gaming phones...
    so i dont see the point for you getting one... maybe if your friends were using it, or your family... for a teenager i think that BBM is a key... if not using it, then is a waste of money... any other device could give you the same or better multimedia experience, as a phone only its not worth it, because even if you are considering productivity apps like spreadsheets, docs, presentations and so on, others can do the same... i might be wrong, but thats my point of view...
    02-20-10 10:41 PM
    but none of my friends is using bb. So the BBM for me is useless
    This Is an easy one then go ahead and grab an iPhone or droid, I would say iPhone tho just because of the app store will keep you entertained for years literally, and it's useful for school as well. my little brother who is a freshman now actually uses his to record classes ( approved by teachers of course) and uses productivity apps to keep track of homework assignments and test. Also how it works podcast he listens to for history class and what not. The iPhone is great for students at your age and especially college students, which is where I got my first one. Also you can never get bored with the dumb and entertaining Apps, and video games.
    02-20-10 10:48 PM
    i hate to say it but your probbablly too young for a blackberry. at your age i would have loved an iPhone, if it existed. i dont know your situation but a blackberry is great for buissness and email. if i grew up in this age then it would probbblly be a harder choice for me too, but back then (god this makes me feel old) all i needed a cell phone for was to make calls and the occasional text message. honestlly a blackberry is only good if you have time sensitve emails that you need to answer accordling or if everyone you know as a bb and you dont want to pay for a text plan. the only reason i have a blackberry is because of my job and lifestyle. the abbilty to bbm an order in to my suppliers is important. but when i was your age if i could get a full quwarty keyboard i would have been set, and theres much cheaper options than blackberry for that. but if you have your heart set on one the go for it. id love to see a blackberry in every pocket.
    02-20-10 11:12 PM
    iphone or motorola droid ? i can't choose btween them.
    which is cheaper ?
    02-20-10 11:16 PM
    the driod will be cheaper but the iphone will be more fun. depending on your carrier options id say get an iPhone before an android device.
    02-20-10 11:55 PM
    As I'm now browsing this thread to keep me occupied at work, I'm going to go ahead and ask what is probably a silly question. She's fifteen; how come nobody has recommended she get the original teen-oriented smartphone, the T-Mobile Sidekick?

To be clear, I know the Sidekick is no BlackBerry, but for a 15 year old this may be an option worth looking at.

02-21-10 12:11 AM
    Um...exactly what apps are missing from a BB that a 15 year old needs? Whatever a 15 year old wants to do is, to an extent, available through a BB. Get off your pompous 'this platform is for this' and 'that platform is for that' pony for gawds sake. In two years the 15 year old will be in college / at work / serving our country or doing something that requires a BB...hopefully.
    02-21-10 12:18 AM
    Um...exactly what apps are missing from a BB that a 15 year old needs? Whatever a 15 year old wants to do is, to an extent, available through a BB. Get off your pompous 'this platform is for this' and 'that platform is for that' pony for gawds sake. In two years the 15 year old will be in college / at work / serving our country or doing something that requires a BB...hopefully.
    Hahaha and the powerful newbie speaks. Hahaha I had to say it!

Anyway the applications on the iPhone look better there are over 100,000 more to choose from an the apple app store is cheaper then the BB app store therefore he isn't spending up all his parents money buying a cheaper looking application for more money. No one is on a pompus anything everyone is collectively helping this op make the right choice. They have already said they have no friends with BB nullifying the need for bbm And their going to use it for browsing just a guess on my part, what do most 15 yr olds do on there smartphones now days look at the Internet and the apps, go to a mall you'll see tons with iPhones doing just this.

Although most on here saying use BB had great arguments or reasonable ones yours definetly doesn't fall into that category, or valid points for getting a BB over a multimedia centric device for that matter.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-21-10 at 01:04 AM.
    02-21-10 12:39 AM
168 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD