View Poll Results: Which one should i get ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry

13 61.90%
  • Motorola Droid

3 14.29%
  • Iphone

3 14.29%
  • Palm Pre

2 9.52%
  • others ..

0 0%
    Get an iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 07:12 PM
    The 9700 is arguably the best phone on the market for communications/status updates, but do all your friends have smartphones already? If some of them have BlackBerrys then you can't go wrong. You'll end up using bbm a lot as well. If you are the trend setter amongst your friends then go with what you want and set the trend. If all your friends have iphones and droids, even though the BlackBerry is a great phone, you probably won't like it b/c all your friends have touch screen phones. Unless you get a storm 2. There's my 2 cents.

But based on the fact that I just read u want a keyboard and entertaining apps, you're talking about a droid.
    Status updates are we talking about social networking here, because I don't think the blackberry even comes within arms distance of the android platform in terms of social networking, as well as motoblur, matter a fact blackberry isn't even in the social networking conversation unless were talking about in the corporate workplace, as far a consumers devices though, that's laughable.

Just get an android phone man or an iPhone they will more then please your needs for what your looking for, and you won't get picked on cause your browser is disgusting and slow, while all your buds are running android phones with snapdragon processors.
    02-18-10 07:46 PM
    Status updates are we talking about social networking here, because I don't think the blackberry even comes within arms distance of the android platform in terms of social networking, as well as motoblur, matter a fact blackberry isn't even in the social networking conversation unless were talking about in the corporate workplace, as far a consumers devices though, that's laughable.

Just get an android phone man or an iPhone they will more then please your needs for what your looking for, and you won't get picked on cause your browser is disgusting and slow, while all your buds are running android phones with snapdragon processors.
    By messaging/status updates, I mean picking up my phone, sending or replying to a message or status update quickly and getting back to what I'm doing. With keys I can feel. I'm not talking about being engulfed in facebook on your phone.
    02-18-10 08:15 PM

Agreed, the social networking apps on the iPhone are light years ahead of BB... Especially the FB app and all the different Twitter apps.... the free Twittelator rules lol
    02-18-10 08:19 PM
    By messaging/status updates, I mean picking up my phone, sending or replying to a message or status update quickly and getting back to what I'm doing. With keys I can feel. I'm not talking about being engulfed in facebook on your phone.
    Well I'm not talking about being engulfed either. See android has this task bar on the top of the devices screen. So it's actually easier to pick up your phone check your facebook Twitter or what have you, because you don't need to open up your menu and go to the application (speaking as if it's not on your homescreen) Now of course you could install different themselves to make it easier for you on the BB, but this come with the stock version of android phones. And on top of that the social networking sites look a lot better on these devices then on the BB.
    02-18-10 08:41 PM
    Here on Guam on the iPhone can use a prepaid sim card that comes with unlimited data/calls/texts for just $2.95 a day...
    That's a huge differences cause my blackberry can't even use data from a sim card...It needs the BB Plan.
    IMO I think other places should have that unlimited prepaid data.
    Math.. can't resist... $2.95 times 30 days... $88,5/mont...
    I'll stay with BIS, thank you... Althou here in Brasil we pay more than in the NA/EU thou where the average data is $30/month.

I want a blackberry too!!! but my parents wont pay the monthly bill and i cant afford it Is there anyway you can get a blackberry and it be like a prepaid phone? I see theres used ones on craigslist with the contract done. What does that mean?
    You can always join giveaways on the internet and get unlocked sim free devices... If you are lucky. Contract done devices can be tricky, if you want to use them as prepaid, they need to be be at least from the same carrier you are or be unlocked. I'd look for unlocked ones.

My girl's neigbours' have two teen kids and guess what phones they sport...
    If you ask me, as long as the bills are under control and they put whatever phone they have to good use (not sexting would be even better) then it's fine.

DazeeBabe, the question for you is, do Blackberries (or Droids, or iPhones...) do what you want them to do?
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-18-10 at 09:19 PM.
    02-18-10 09:06 PM
    Well I'm not talking about being engulfed either. See android has this task bar on the top of the devices screen. So it's actually easier to pick up your phone check your facebook Twitter or what have you, because you don't need to open up your menu and go to the application (speaking as if it's not on your homescreen) Now of course you could install different themselves to make it easier for you on the BB, but this come with the stock version of android phones. And on top of that the social networking sites look a lot better on these devices then on the BB.
    Now kids, this is what we call a derailing post.

Also, we all know messaging on a BB kicks the **** out of a Droid, so just drop that now. Even in the stock theme, who DOESN'T keep messages as an icon, or make a convenience key? Also, I'll take the form factor of a BB over a Droids keyboard any day of the year, thank you very much.

BeNexus has a notification bar in my theme, that means my BB does messaging efficiently from my QuickLaunch, homescreen, Notification bar, and side buttons. Clearly that makes it about 3x better than the Droid. [/endsarcasm]

Back under the bridge, troll. Stay on topic. This isn't about the BB's browser, or all the 'amazing' perks of the Android. This is about whether a BLACKBERRY is suitable for teens.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 02-19-10 at 12:16 AM.
    02-19-10 12:11 AM
    Now kids, this is what we call a derailing post.

Also, we all know messaging on a BB kicks the **** out of a Droid, so just drop that now. BeNexus has a notification bar in my theme, that means my BB does messaging efficiently from my QuickLaunch, homescreen, Notification bar, and side buttons. Clearly that makes it about 3x better than the Droid. Even in the stock theme, who DOESN'T keep messages as an icon, or make a convenience key? [/endsarcasm]

Back under the bridge, troll. Stay on topic. This isn't about the BB's browser, or all the 'amazing' perks of the Android. This is about whether a BLACKBERRY is suitable for teens.
    Well that reply was a bit more hostile then i thought it would be. I was kind of hinting that the Android device might be a better choice for him do to its ease of use right out of the box. I know that you can ad quicklaunch and what not i said in my post that he could do all of that, but ill drop this debate before take it even more personal. By the way im not here to troll i was just adding my two cents on why he should maybe go for an android or iphone over the Blackberry device sense he is just 15 and not 25. usually at that age looks matter in terms of whats on your screen.
    02-19-10 12:18 AM
    BlackBerry is not suitable for teenagers. Ask me, I am a teenager (17 years old). iPhone is the way to go for social networking. Period. Nokia N900, now that is something for teenagers. PERIOD.

'Nuff said.
    02-19-10 12:41 AM
    Iphone seems to suit your needs. There really isn't much to the berry apart from good battery life, email, qwerty keyboard. There aren't too many apps worth spending on apart from BerryBuzz.

02-19-10 12:59 AM
    Get an iPhone. You'll be bored with a BlackBerry.
    02-19-10 01:05 AM
    but i want a phone with keyboard
    02-19-10 02:15 AM
    but i want a phone with keyboard
    Honestly, this is my first BB & I don't regret.
    If you want a phone with keyboard either get a bb 85xx
    because it's a great starter phone or a HTC touch pro 2 because it has a slide out keyboard & touch screen.

02-19-10 02:19 AM

And your point really gets thrown out when you tell him to get an ipod touch because that has a ton of apps itself.
    You missed my point. If you have a BB with all the apps, you can't have your phone with you without having the apps (and therefore, the temptation to play with them at school). If you have a dumbphone and iPod touch, you can take the phone to school, leaving the iPod Touch at home. Trust me, this ain't my first rodeo, I know of what I speak.
    02-19-10 04:59 AM

+1 and if he's like me (never use phone during class) then he'll be fine.
    Then you are the rare exception!
    02-19-10 05:01 AM
    i would also say get the iphone or droid. (preferably droid). obviously you are looking for a device for apps, social networking, etc: i've been using blackberries since i was a junior in highschool in 2002. i've always loved them. although i have played with all other phones (droid, iphone, nokias, palms, windows mobile devices) my blackberry is what i fell in love with. so i would suggest, go to the store, and play with as many smartphones as you can, get a good feel of them, and then make your choice.
    02-19-10 07:10 AM
    how about motorola droid ?
    02-19-10 08:56 PM
    how about motorola droid ?
    You'll like the moto droid no doubt about it.
    02-19-10 09:07 PM
    BlackBerry is not suitable for teenagers. Ask me, I am a teenager (17 years old). iPhone is the way to go for social networking. Period. Nokia N900, now that is something for teenagers. PERIOD.

'Nuff said.
    Not enough said. Blackberry is perfectly suitable for teenagers, at least those around 15 and up. What do you mean by social networking? Blackberry kills iPhone as far as texting/BBM is concerned. PERIOD.
    02-19-10 09:12 PM
    Not enough said. Blackberry is perfectly suitable for teenagers, at least those around 15 and up. What do you mean by social networking? Blackberry kills iPhone as far as texting/BBM is concerned. PERIOD.
    hahahahahaahahahahahaha, the Blackberry kills the iPhone in social networking hahahahahahahaha.

Ok for a teenager how in the heck does a Blackberry kill for social networking. What do you think a high school is a corporate office and all students are issued blackberry's so they can all bbm each other easily hahaha how old are you 52 or something. Social networking pretty much comes down to the UI, and what you can do on the application from the phone. I think the guy was referring to facebook, twitter etc. things like that not bbm hahahaha definetly not bbm how many 15 yr olds do you see on crackberry raving about bbm not many. Go with the iPhone or Android kids don't listen to old man johnson here. (im a little tipsy which is why you got attacked i usually am pretty calm lol), but your clearly wrong to say a device which is focused on multimedia loses to a blackberry come on im drunk but what are you hi on cocaine.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-19-10 at 10:09 PM.
    02-19-10 09:19 PM
    teenagers should stick to the iphones for games and entertainment. but come on, isn't that what they want. just play and have fun. blackberries do not give them that. so kids you know how they stay in school and don't do drugs. for you:: buy an iphone and don't do bbm.
    02-19-10 09:48 PM
    teenagers should stick to the iphones for games and entertainment. but come on, isn't that what they want. just play and have fun. blackberries do not give them that. so kids you know how they stay in school and don't do drugs. for you:: buy an iphone and don't do bbm.
    Yeah, the Iphone is for sure the kids toy of smartphones. Then they can play all the games with no problem.
    02-19-10 09:51 PM
    i got my first BB when i was 19. whether your phone is a Blackberry or something else. in the end a phone is a phone. use it the way you like. whether a teenager or a 10 year old has a blackberry shouldn't be of anyones concern. if you enjoy the device, take it use it. From a Razr to an Iphone, stick with what makes you happy, not what people think is "suitable" for you. (and of course what you can afford)
    02-19-10 09:53 PM
    Not that BB doesn't have them, but they aren't free like the iPhone & Android. If you want lots of apps & games, I'd go with the two platforms I mentioned above. Do a lot of your friends have a BB? If so, the advantage would be blackberry messenger. There are more, but it doesn't seem like you'll be needing/using those advantages in the BB platform.
    02-19-10 10:11 PM
    It is expensive to have a Blackberry. I really think a phone that has a full qwerty keypad, that you can text on, etc would be better for you. If you are going to use it for school then maybe. But you need to remember it is your parents that will be paying for it and not you. There is a data plan charge along with the voice and texting is also separate. So, think about that and just look at the all the phones offered to you on the carrier you are with. There are some cool phones out there well suited for a 15 yr old.
    02-19-10 10:55 PM
168 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD