View Poll Results: Which one should i get ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry

13 61.90%
  • Motorola Droid

3 14.29%
  • Iphone

3 14.29%
  • Palm Pre

2 9.52%
  • others ..

0 0%
    Should indicate something, don't you agree?
    Most def, but the fact still remains
    02-18-10 10:45 AM
    Post above is so true. As much as I'd love to sit here and say everyone bases their opinion of other people off their actions and words, I'd be lying and that would not be real life.

Truth of the matter is, people do judge you on the clothes you wear, your style (hair, nails, whatever), and what kind of stuff you own. Everyone in this thread should be able to admit at one point in their life they were envious of someone else material goods. It happens to all of us.

Damn, I'm jealous on a day to day basis.

Seriously though, don't be another kid with an iPhone or Blackberry because someone else tells you to get one. Get whatever phone that you think you need.

You want to sit there and be a socialite all day? (You shouldn't be wanting this in school, but I'm not going to judge), maybe a Droid is an option for you.

You think you need better organization? Blackberries or Palm (I've heard) have great organizational stuff.

You want apps out the wazoo, not just for games but just to have a selection? iPhone, dead on.

You pick what's best for you, not what someone else says. Personally I think a great current BB - this is just for if you're set on a BB - for young adults is the Curve 8520/8530. It's sleek, has a ton of app memory, but it can still take a beating just like the 83XX series did. It's not that expensive (if you're in Canada it's actually cheaper than a 8330 ), and it's nice.

Best of luck picking a phone though. Just don't let yourself get too distracted with all the awesome stuff available for smartphones.
    02-18-10 10:48 AM
    Why would anyone recommend getting a dumbphone AND an iPod touch, just because get "distracted" enough at school.

Its the same thing, whether you have a dumbphone and an iPod touch, or just a plain old iPhone.

No logic.
    02-18-10 10:49 AM
    depending on what carrier you are with you may want to check out the iphone or the moto droid.
    02-18-10 10:54 AM
    the iphone would be better since you want alot of apps.
    I am 17 years old & I own a blackberry. The bill is sooo expensive.
    Which is why I work for my mother $10 a day. LMFAO
    Until I get a job at lease.
    the iphone is expensive too, and it ''eat'' more data than the BB
    02-18-10 10:59 AM
    There is no difference in cost between data plans for a bb or iphone, my honest opinion is go into a few different retail stores such as ATT/VZW/APPLE and see what phone suits you the best and go from there
    02-18-10 11:29 AM
    I personally wouldn't get my 15 yr old a bb. Because it wouldn't suit there needs for what they want it for. I'd get them a iphone or a andriod...
    02-18-10 11:38 AM
    I'm 13 and I have a BlackBerry Bold 9000 , amazing phone !

And you're 15, so why not get one !?

And if you want to decide which BlackBerry to get...get the 9700
    02-18-10 11:41 AM
    Every person is different, no? Just make sure that the bill payer knows that blackberries can cost you in data, in apps, etc (same with iphone, or others). If you feel you're able to handle the costs and responsibility (or your parents feel you are), then go for it.

I don't think that any phone is wrong for any age - my grandma who's 71 has a blackberry 83xx and is very aware of it's capabilities (and enjoys playing with it), my 50 year old dad has a 9000 and is clueless, AND he works in IT lol. I, myself, am 20 and have been having a great time with each bb i've picked up. Interest / suitability is not tied to age.
    02-18-10 11:51 AM
    Try them all in the various stores and then choose.
    02-18-10 11:54 AM
    There is no difference in cost between data plans for a bb or iphone, my honest opinion is go into a few different retail stores such as ATT/VZW/APPLE and see what phone suits you the best and go from there
    Here on Guam on the iPhone can use a prepaid sim card that comes with unlimited data/calls/texts for just $2.95 a day...
    That's a huge differences cause my blackberry can't even use data from a sim card...It needs the BB Plan.
    IMO I think other places should have that unlimited prepaid data.
    Last edited by lovemythemes; 02-18-10 at 12:26 PM.
    02-18-10 12:01 PM
    it seems like everyone now is getting a bb, im a junior in college and i got my first bb a year ago, id say get a droid or iphone if you want apps, smartphones are phone to have right now, just like nextels with the walkie talkie were what everone had 6-7 yrs ago. its amazing 4 or 5 yrs ago in highschool we all had generic flipphones, now highschoolers are breaking out the smartphones..WHAT?
    02-18-10 12:45 PM
    When I was 15 I didn't even have a cell phone haha.

But I would recommend Sony Ericsson for lots of games, multimedia, and music. I had a w580i for a while and it was so fun with all the games you could download and stuff.

Though now, I wouldn't trade my blackberry for anything, haha. And at 21, I don't really use it as a "business" person. But that's me!
    02-18-10 12:49 PM
    Yea grab a iPhone or a android phone
    02-18-10 12:56 PM
    it seems like everyone now is getting a bb, im a junior in college and i got my first bb a year ago, id say get a droid or iphone if you want apps, smartphones are phone to have right now, just like nextels with the walkie talkie were what everone had 6-7 yrs ago. its amazing 4 or 5 yrs ago in highschool we all had generic flipphones, now highschoolers are breaking out the smartphones..WHAT?
    haha, I used to own an i205 / i215 / i415 / i833 (babyphat) / i425.
    after the boost/nextel thing I got me a samsung almost like the samsung smooth.
    then the motorizr z3 now, the blackberry.

this is something I didn't regret.
    maybe the first 2-3 days but I got over it & now I wouldn't give it up even for an iPhone. lol my brother tried asking me to trade.
    02-18-10 01:24 PM
    everyone at my high school has an iphone with a few blackberry's going around too. i've had my blackberry since i was 16 (im 18 now) and i love the keyboard for easy texting and emailing- i have an ipod touch for the apps- i find that while a lot of the iphone apps sound cool, i never really end up using them very often- i use my fast bberry keyboard, however, all the time!
    02-18-10 03:03 PM
    Most teenagers I know got a Blackberry. A couple of my nephews had iPhones and they switch to BB later because they got bored of their old toys fast.

From observation, I think parents should get their kids BB. Teenagers are in their critical age of developing their social skills. Blackberry offer various messaging apps like BBM, emails, msn, yahoo messenger, facebook and twitter.

My 16 years old nephew begged his parents for an iPhone and he got his wish. He enjoyed the phone and had lots of fun playing games but it just wasn't enough because most of his friends at school all had blackberry and he felt left out. His dad wouldn't get him a another phone so I dished out $600 to get him a BB bold. After having a BB, he now talks more, goes out more and communicate with his family more. Currently he has 85 contacts on his BBM along with 130 msn contact. My expectation is he has to use all the other phones important functionality as well like calender, task, memo, and alarm management to insure that he learns other life skills as well. He's still not an A student but his grade has improve dramatically according to his teachers and he does use all the important tools I expect him use on his phone besides listening to music or playing games.
    Last edited by thymaster; 02-18-10 at 03:06 PM.
    02-18-10 03:03 PM
    hahaha thymaster that reminds me of
    02-18-10 03:07 PM
    My 13yo daughter has an 8900 and loves it. Initially, she had the the BB data plan but really didn't use it so I cut it down to a regular add-on line to my family plan (costs me a whopping $5/mo). She can still go on the internet over wifi at home or any hotspot if she needs to but rarely does.
    02-18-10 03:29 PM
    I guess I'm still a teenager in away as I'm not quite 19 yet ,

I have a BB , and I don't find them unsuitable , in fact on the contrary , I find them very useful as they keep me on top of work and let me keep in contact with friends and family easily . Sometimes I wonder what I did with myself before I had a BlackBerry .
    02-18-10 04:11 PM
    Because Blackberry so heavy on messenging I think it's perfect for teens. As far as trouble, if a teen wants to get into trouble, its gonna happen BB or not. My teens carry dumbphones and iTouches. When they get jobs they can upgrade themselves.
    02-18-10 04:36 PM
    I want a blackberry too!!! but my parents wont pay the monthly bill and i cant afford it Is there anyway you can get a blackberry and it be like a prepaid phone? I see theres used ones on craigslist with the contract done. What does that mean?
    02-18-10 05:56 PM
    Don't get a blackberry without trying it out first, I'm 17 years old and blackberries are extremely boring after the first 3 weeks, if I were you, I'd get a used iphone/android on ebay or craigslist and just use the phone on a regular plan with wifi for data only, blackberry without a data plan is useless. Trust me if you want to use your phone for any type of fun than get another phone. I have both a blackberry and ipod touch so I'm okay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 06:12 PM
    So am not parent or anything; buhh as of course was once a teenager; i never thought about have a BB til i hit college. simply well cause if your in high school or even grade school; why need a smart phone.?? even if it is simply to play games or what not. school should be about learnin, making friends, memories not about your nose stuckk to your phone half thee time. I had a dumb phone all throughout my high school days and didn't have one in grade school. And honestly i dont think its a good idea for kids to get BB's simply cause they're already high cost and well thee children dont pay for them; and honestly they're a whole lot clumsier; and who would be paying thee detuctable for a new one-->thee parents. buhh; i guess it just depends on the parents. so i would say stickk with thee dumb phone for now; and get an itouch.
    02-18-10 06:43 PM
    The 9700 is arguably the best phone on the market for communications/status updates, but do all your friends have smartphones already? If some of them have BlackBerrys then you can't go wrong. You'll end up using bbm a lot as well. If you are the trend setter amongst your friends then go with what you want and set the trend. If all your friends have iphones and droids, even though the BlackBerry is a great phone, you probably won't like it b/c all your friends have touch screen phones. Unless you get a storm 2. There's my 2 cents.

But based on the fact that I just read u want a keyboard and entertaining apps, you're talking about a droid.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 02-18-10 at 07:18 PM.
    02-18-10 07:12 PM
168 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD