Which one would be better?
    05-25-10 08:31 PM
    Um I think if you played with each in the store there would be no comparison. The HTC smokes the S2 in every aspect except heavy email use.
    05-25-10 09:24 PM
    hehe I need an upgrade though.
    05-25-10 09:28 PM
    Do a search, please. These kind of threads pop up multiple times every day.
    05-25-10 10:29 PM
    Depends on the users preferences. For business I like BB.
    05-25-10 10:44 PM
    If I were you I would do what another poster said and go to the store and spend half an hour on each, then decide. But before you buy the Droid keep in mind that the Blackberry will deliver your email 5-10 min faster.

Gratz on your future new phone!
    05-25-10 11:05 PM
    For push e-mail on the Droid platform you can install K9 and use it with any AS server. I even set up my own AS platform on my poor older box running Ubuntu.
    05-26-10 02:04 AM
    Loaded question....I prefer a BB simply because I run a business and manage multiple email accounts. So until another phone steps up to the plate in this arena, I know were my money is going.

Now, if you want a "toy" then maybe you want to look at a droid.
    05-26-10 11:33 AM
    If you're going with an all touch screen device because you want a phone that does media the best, then you have to go with the Droid Incredible.

But personally, I think the Storm 2 is good enough for that. But it isn't the "best" out there right now, the HTC line-up is the hottest thing smoking when it comes to specs and media usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 12:02 PM
    Droid. No question.
    05-26-10 12:24 PM
    Would you like us to pick the color of your next car, or what clothes to wear today or what to eat for dinner tonight as well while you're at it?
    05-26-10 12:26 PM
    Loaded question....I prefer a BB simply because I run a business and manage multiple email accounts. So until another phone steps up to the plate in this arena, I know were my money is going.

Now, if you want a "toy" then maybe you want to look at a droid.
    This notion that ANYTHING other than a BB is a toy is total crap and completely narrow-minded.

Answer this: How many email accounts do most business people actually need besides their corporate? I don't think the majority of people using email for business need their Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail accounts to update more than every 15 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 9700 but I would be an ID-10T to ignore EVERYTHING else out there on the market that is eating RIM's lunch.

BB's competitors have closed the email and messaging gap but BB has yet to do the same with it's weaknesses. Before you discount acceptable web browsing, ALL successful businesses are doing it on the web. The Internet has become an extreemly important communications tool for BUSINESS.

Wake up and take off your sleeping mask.

I hope OS6 is the answer that OS4, 4.5 and 5 were not. I also hope it runs on the 9700's underpowered hardware with NO lag and no semi-manual memory management required.

05-26-10 01:07 PM
    This notion that ANYTHING other than a BB is a toy is total crap and completely narrow-minded.

Answer this: How many email accounts do most business people actually need besides their corporate? I don't think the majority of people using email for business need their Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail accounts to update more than every 15 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 9700 but I would be an ID-10T to ignore EVERYTHING else out there on the market that is eating RIM's lunch.

BB's competitors have closed the email and messaging gap but BB has yet to do the same with it's weaknesses. Before you discount acceptable web browsing, ALL successful businesses are doing it on the web. The Internet has become an extreemly important communications tool for BUSINESS.

Wake up and take off your sleeping mask.

I hope OS6 is the answer that OS4, 4.5 and 5 were not. I also hope it runs on the 9700's underpowered hardware with NO lag and no semi-manual memory management required.

take it easy....I was merely using the word toy that for lack of a better term. I for one, like the droid as well as the iphone. But as a business user, and I've tried the others, I wouldn't use anything other than a BB as it currently stands...especially since I use Outlook for some email.

In my case, time is money. I've paid for my device many times over because of being able to quickly respond to an email that closed many of sales for me. So yes, there is a difference. If I weren't in business, I would definately entertain the thought of getting a droid or an iphone.
    05-26-10 01:22 PM
    take it easy....I was merely using the word toy that for lack of a better term.
    'Toy' isn't inappropriate, iPhones, WinMo phones and Android phones are aimed heavily at entertainment*, they're devices for amusement and in that sense, they're toys. Unfortunately 'toy' carries a connotation of being something for kids and that's why some people object to the use of the term.

*Social networking, videos, YouTube, music players, etc. etc. etc.
    05-26-10 01:32 PM
    I use my BB for personal use the calendar voice memo email I like its simplicity and also the design. I also use it for music It does all I need it to do. I might make a switch next March but haven't decided. I ahve friends who have the Moto droid and like it for the most part and do have some issues but all devices will have some issues. Nothing is perfect. I do use my BT a lot and not having voice dialing is a deal breaker for me
    05-26-10 02:23 PM
    not having voice dialing is a deal breaker for me
    Ditto and a ticket getter in California! It has to work with my Jabra SP700 or no deal for me! Are you sure it won't voice dial? I thought all phones did since the days of Fred Flintstone, really? It won't? Welcome to BC!

Jabra SP700 - Bluetooth speakerphone for your car and conference calling
    05-26-10 03:34 PM
    I definitly would like to have an incredible of storm 2
    06-22-10 06:39 AM
    Droid, hands down.

The Storm 2 doesn't come close.
    06-22-10 09:02 AM
    I would get the Storm2, unless you want to carry around a pocket full of batteries.
    06-22-10 09:03 AM
    Remember that a Storm 3 or some successor to the Storm2 will be out before the end of the year. Storm2 isn't even guaranteed OS 6.0. I'd go with the Incredible or wait to see what BB has to offer in a few months.

The Storm2 is a placeholder for VZW right now to sucker people like you into buying a 2-yr old phone...that's what it is...the Storm1 with better memory and WiFi. Not a new generation.
    06-22-10 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD