My two years are way over due and I'm finally ready (financial ****) to get one. But ever time I read/watch a review they don't answer the questions I need or don't really answer them.

1) The Gaps: are they a problem? Will it be okay for lint, dirt, or even sand to go in there?

2) The Screen: is there a case I can buy (except that gummy ****) or is the screen stronger to marks than it looks?

3) Internet: Wifi isn't a big deal too me cause I've been very lucky with Verizon (I get a good signal in the subway) but is there a way to get Wifi on it?

4) Lagging: Is the lag that bad or did the lastest updates take care of it mostly

5) How does it stand against the Curve?
    03-18-09 10:16 PM
    1)YES

2) OtterBox Case

3) NO Wifi Radio inside Phone SO NO

4) Lags

5) Curve is Better
    03-18-09 10:20 PM
    My two years are way over due and I'm finally ready (financial ****) to get one. But ever time I read/watch a review they don't answer the questions I need or don't really answer them.

1) The Gaps: are they a problem? Will it be okay for lint, dirt, or even sand to go in there?

2) The Screen: is there a case I can buy (except that gummy ****) or is the screen stronger to marks than it looks?

3) Internet: Wifi isn't a big deal too me cause I've been very lucky with Verizon (I get a good signal in the subway) but is there a way to get Wifi on it?

4) Lagging: Is the lag that bad or did the lastest updates take care of it mostly

1. Only had the thing for 2 weeks, so don't know if stuff got in there

2. Depends how you treat it, it's probably stronger than what you're thinking it is. But, I don't know how you treat your phones.

3. No

4. Lagging was HORRID but I never tried another OS.

5. It doesn't, two completely devices, the Curve is 100x better.
    03-18-09 10:23 PM

3) Internet: Wifi isn't a big deal too me cause I've been very lucky with Verizon (I get a good signal in the subway)… but is there a way to get Wifi on it?

1) The only problem I had with the gaps, was that it looked a little funky in the dark, nothing in them though.

2) Can't answer that, I haven't used any protective casing, and except for an accident where I dropped my phone and it scraped against asphault, it's generally pretty strong.

3) No way to get wifi, I'm almost positive.

4) Lag depends on what you put on your storm and how you use it. I never lag, and I run 10+ apps at once.

5) Don't know, looks prettier atleast.

Edit: You'd be better off listening to what a storm user has to say<3
    Last edited by Carroty; 03-18-09 at 10:35 PM. Reason: ^
    03-18-09 10:33 PM
    Yes the software updates (leaks for now) fix the lag problems
    03-18-09 10:46 PM
    Having both...a Storm active and a Curve waiting until the day I drop the Storm in the toilet I'll throw my two cents:

1. The only problem I ever had was with a hoodie I just fluffed dried, I got one fuzzball in there but blew it out.
    2. I don't use a screen protector...after my Curve screen was all dinged up from pocket contact with my keys I spend the 25 bucks on a Sedio clip and never looked back. When you're not carrying it there's no need for worry on a scratch and the Blackberry logo when you're carrying it I think looks pretty slick (coming from a guy who thinks every carrying solution looks like a chick bag).
    3. Not unless you can develop and integrate a Wifi radio on your own, and if you can do that you'd be testing Niagra's and Geminis and god knows what else because you're one of the smarter people who work for RIM.
    4. I'm running an official OS (.75) with third party apps (themes, twitterberry, a couple of the tilt games, weatherbug) and experience lag *maybe* once every two days. That said I believe people who say they have lag, and I believe there are people who's software has been sub par...but IMHO the lag horror stories are greatly exaggerated. And from what I hear and have seen through colleagues devices are greatly improved through OS updates.
    5. Agreed with other posters in that "how does it stand"...is like saying I'm interested in a pet...should I pick a hamster or a howler monkey. Not to say that one is better than the other, it's just one will require more patience...and if you can put that patience in, it will be rewarded. Guts of it, they're the same phone...they do (basically) the same things. If you want flash you know where to go, if you want something that will eat pellets, run its wheel every day without question and will let you pet it any and every time you want, get some cedar chips and settle in with a truly lovely device (for what it is). Personally, my howler monkey is my wing man, I won't ever leave him hanging.
    03-19-09 12:07 AM
    would I be right in saying the european version the 9500 has wifi ?
    03-19-09 12:15 AM
    1) I haven't noticed a problem yet.

2) I got the screen protectors Verizon sells and no problem yet!

3) Nope

4) I haven't noticed it yet (only a week old)

5) I tried both the day I got the Storm and I am extremely happy with my choice of a Storm.
    03-20-09 08:01 PM
    The Storm doesn't have wifi? Seriously?
    03-20-09 08:04 PM

1) I have owned the storm since release day and haven't had a problem with anything getting into the gap but there are other users that have had a problem.

2) I don't have any protection on my storm's screen and don't see any types of blemishes on it. But I do keep my storm in the BB Sleeve when in my pocket.

3) The storm doesn't have wifi right now but the network has been fast enough that I don't need it. My storm even beats my friends iPhone and iTouch at bringing up webpages.

4) There were some lagging problems when the first few OS appeared but I noticed that it is almost gone with the latest leaked beta OS.

5) I have used both devices and still like the storm better. If you would like to get a technical comparison you can do it from following link (BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Device Comparison).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 08:30 PM
    9530/9500 dont
    03-20-09 08:39 PM
    The 9520 will have WiFi. It will not be a Verizon phone. GSM only just like the 9500.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD