I bought mine launch day and seem to be getting a glitch every few days where when im typing an email the phone goes into camera mode for no reason then goes in and out of it rest of day -- my fully charged battery is then dead the next morning because im guessing the camera is going on while it is idle overnight -- has anyone else seen this prob reported as being common and maybe resolved by an upcoming software update? I went to Verizon store and they said " we havent heard that one before " but offered me no help
    12-03-08 08:25 AM
    Is your camera still assigned to your right convenience key?
    Options>screen/keyboard>right side convenience key opens, I set mine to nothing and my left to keyboard......
    12-03-08 08:30 AM
    hmm -- maybe my protetective cover is rubbing that key -- thanks for the tip ill give it a shot
    12-03-08 08:33 AM
    I bought mine launch day and seem to be getting a glitch every few days where when im typing an email the phone goes into camera mode for no reason then goes in and out of it rest of day -- my fully charged battery is then dead the next morning because im guessing the camera is going on while it is idle overnight -- has anyone else seen this prob reported as being common and maybe resolved by an upcoming software update? I went to Verizon store and they said " we havent heard that one before " but offered me no help
    I bought mine on launch day also and was having the same issue but for some reason (knock on wood!) it's no longer happening.
    12-03-08 07:51 PM
    Remember... you need to close the camera and not just exit out with the red button. It will continue running in the background.
    12-03-08 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD