I don't know what your interpretation of the comment cause there is no entry what's so ever saying they can't be your friends. It's not being childish, it's about securing your conversation s. If someone was using an email service that wasn't secure and you say to them, "Hey, your email service has been compromised. Please use another email service provider" and they don't, would you still respond to their emails. I don't know.... doesn't sound childish to me at all.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you 100%. The person doesn't want to be compromised too. Also it's your preference in what app you use. If you are looking at the matter from the other side, and your friend is asking you to use their app, wouldn't it be considered the same thing. It all comes down to preference.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:26 AM
    I agree with you 100%. The person doesn't want to be compromised too. Also it's your preference in what app you use. If you are looking at the matter from the other side, and your friend is asking you to use their app, wouldn't it be considered the same thing. It all comes down to preference.

Posted via CB10
    Yes if they are using their own preferred chat system and that's all they want to use. It's their decision and it's up to them. But that doesn't mean I have to support that brand. Take apple's FaceTime for example. Have you any idea how many people I know who use FaceTime because they have an iPhone. Even if they don't use FaceTime, they'll use iChat. I however cannot use that because I don't own or need an iPhone. So this iChat is proprietary to apple products. BlackBerry went multi platform with BBM and people need to not only know about it but actually try BBM before making judgement. That's not happening because everyone has this pre conceived notion that BlackBerry is done. That BBM. Sucks. What better way to educate them than advising them that the only way to text me is through BBM. Now they have to make a decision, do they download BBM and try it or simply say, the hell with him, I'll just call him instead. Or maybe they just stop talking to me.

Now we both know that BlackBerry is trying to stay people to use their products. And I feel that since I like their product and want their product to continue to exist, I will help by pushing my BlackBerry. BBM. My agenda is to push BBM as the best mobile chat service period. Especially now that it will also be on desktop while using BlackBerry blend. I support my brand and that brand is BlackBerry. If I can convince those to use BBM like I have been then I'm promoting my brand.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:55 AM
    Nicely written. I have always thought that the best way of advertising is word of mouth, just like you have been doing and other people on this thread. Blackberry should be proud of people like you who believe and trust in them. Cheers mate.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 12:15 PM
    For BBM I think they should use all phones but make sure BlackBerry phones look better than the competition and stand out more.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 12:38 PM
    I don't know what your interpretation of the comment cause there is no entry what's so ever saying they can't be your friends. It's not being childish, it's about securing your conversation s. If someone was using an email service that wasn't secure and you say to them, "Hey, your email service has been compromised. Please use another email service provider" and they don't, would you still respond to their emails. I don't know.... doesn't sound childish to me at all.

Posted via CB10
    Lol you said in a previous post "text messaging will be through BBM". I guess i should've asked, if someone wants to simply text message you, through good ole fashioned sms messaging, are you saying you wont respond to them until they download BBM? If so, im sorry but yes i think that is extremely childish. I have tried to get many of my friends to use BBM, its a good service, but never would I not answer their message because they won't download a simple app.
    11-03-14 01:39 PM
    Lol you said in a previous post "text messaging will be through BBM". I guess i should've asked, if someone wants to simply text message you, through good ole fashioned sms messaging, are you saying you wont respond to them until they download BBM? If so, im sorry but yes i think that is extremely childish. I have tried to get many of my friends to use BBM, its a good service, but never would I not answer their message because they won't download a simple app.
    You don't subscribe to BBRY-defined kinship/friendship?

LOL, even BBRY staffers answer non-BBM communications.
    11-03-14 02:55 PM
    As a couple others have said, BlackBerry should showcase BBM being used on various devices within the same commercial. And make it obvious that they are different phones/platforms. At the end of the commercial, showcase a video chat and/or screen share with another BB10 device. Done and done.

Also, with the commercial that was posted in here, the "message retract" feature only works with compatible BBM versions. Just tried it out with my daughter, and it said the user doesn't have a compatible version of BBM.
    11-03-14 03:27 PM
    You don't subscribe to BBRY-defined kinship/friendship?

LOL, even BBRY staffers answer non-BBM communications.
    I just wanna know, how did these people text others before BBM went cross platform lol

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:17 PM
    Tell me which BlackBerry this?

Looks like Xperia to me..

0:31 <- Android phone?
    0:53 <- Android phone?
    1:07 <- Android keyboard?

BBM Commercials with iPhones..

BBM Commercials with Android.

Do i even need to continue or is the TS just bragging because he/she wants something to brag about?
    11-04-14 03:48 AM
    The question here is. How many people have you all converted over to use BBM. I myself will not use the phone chat to chat with people. I send them a link advising them to download BBM from their app store and to hit my pin. Once they do so, then we can have a conversation. If they don't do this, I don't respond or keep sending the link to download BBM.

Posted via CB10
    I've convinced 21 of my friends to join BBM including the 7 hardest to convince which are my closest friends.

We have always used WhatsApp to communicate. Of the 6 I convinced to join and try out BBM only 2 remain active, 1 remains on BBM but is inactive and prefers to use WhatsApp, 2 deleted BBM and 1 never came over to BBM.

Of the 2 that still communicate with me on BBM,1 doesn't care whether it's BBM or WhatsApp but stays on BBM because I'm on it, the other prefers WhatsApp but stays on BBM to communicate with me.

The two that deleted BBM are iPhone users and their major complaint is bugs in the app. The one who stayed but rarely uses it has android but prefers WhatsApp.

Of the two that stuck around, one is an android user who has no complaints and the other a Windows user. His version of BBM is horrible! Bugs, bugs, bugs and no options like on the other three platforms, but I guess friendship is stronger.

The one thing they all complain about is No File, media or location sharing on multi-person and Group Chats! Non of them care about Channels.

As for me, I'm on my Z10. I deleted WhatsApp a while ago and refuse to go back. It's BBM for me. At the risk of sounding like a broken record though, BlackBerry please add file, media and location sharing to multi-person and Group Chats!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:17 AM
    ^ yes, I convinced 3 Murrican friends to download BBM, they know it's good and would use it but on iOS, it's too buggy, so 2 deleted it and there's only one left lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:09 PM
61 123