I think the best thing to do in the US is for Blackberry to delist from NASDAQ stock market, and get out .
    Because carrier don't give a S@!#t about Blackberry, they haven't done nothing to support the new BB10, only causing headaches.They are only supporting made in America.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-10-13 12:56 PM
    That's what I say, screw America. (And I'm in America!) America doesn't deserve BlackBerry, it deserves Prism.
    07-10-13 01:01 PM
    Yep. All our fault they can't seem to sell their rebooting, poorly marketed phones.

Folk, like it or not without U S. phone sales BlackBerry will not survive.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-10-13 01:06 PM
    Not this Ish again. Ya'll go for it and let them know.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-10-13 01:10 PM
    Yep. All our fault they can't seem to sell their rebooting, poorly marketed phones.

Folk, like it or not without U S. phone sales BlackBerry will not survive.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    I'm actually partly with you on this...

As Adam Zeis said, BlackBerry 10 is very swipey. Unfortunately, it also was very rebooty for some...and whether or not those "some" were an overall minority or not, it certainly was NOT an edge case.

In the end, BlackBerry did a fairly good job with this make it or break it platform, but they are nearly blowing it with this reboot issue and the delay it is taking to deliver a fix in the US. AT&T finally just got an update, Verizon is still holding out.

OFFER US THE LATEST FROM BlackBerry THROUGH LINK!

We can sit here and blame the carriers all day, and I admittrdly still tend to do that. I believe AT&T and Verizon have serious issues in the length of time they took to approve an update.

That being said, in the end, it is BlackBerry's product, and I am feeling increasingly stronger that they can mitigate this problem by offering updates through Link.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-10-13 01:10 PM
    Yep, delist so there is no liquid market for the stock.
    Then BlackBerry can go back to being a well, uh, phone manufacturer?

@OnVisa - why not start a Kickstarter to take BlackBerry private. That means no investor calls, no analysts, and you can promise anything you'd like and not deliver and hope that your home town audience continues to applaud your every move. Only need around $2-3bn to do it (and I am sure Prem Watsa would be happy to take a profit and sail away).

Yes, it is all Wall Street's fault.

Epic fail.
    trwrt likes this.
    07-10-13 01:11 PM
    I think the best thing to do in the US is for Blackberry to delist from NASDAQ stock market, and get out .
    Because carrier don't give a S@!#t about Blackberry, they haven't done nothing to support the new BB10, only causing headaches.They are only supporting made in America.
    This makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. But thanks for sharing.
    07-10-13 01:12 PM
    We know that , your all in the stone age.
    So why is BB wasting resources and money on trying to sell phones.
    07-10-13 01:42 PM
    Because if the concentrated on Canada and England they would, well, have pathetic sales in their First Quarter.

What you are dismissing (a nice way of saying "don't get") is even the boys in Waterloo know they can't survive without a thriving market in the US.

Whether you like it or not.
    07-10-13 01:45 PM
    So your saying if they sold 10 million Z10 and Q10 around the world and only sold 10 thousand phones in US in Q1, blackberry is dead?
    07-10-13 01:57 PM
    No. You are making up numbers. They didn't sell anywhere near 10 million BBs in the quarter. They sold 6.8 mm GLOBALLY.

Come back with a rational argument. Get the numbers straight before replying.
    07-10-13 01:59 PM
    First of all I was making a comparison, between the rest of the world and US.
    I know the numbers aren't correct.
    07-10-13 02:05 PM
    OK, so you think BlackBerry can survive without selling into the US.
    I don't.

I think we've settled it
    07-10-13 02:07 PM
    Yep, delist so there is no liquid market for the stock.
    Then BlackBerry can go back to being a well, uh, phone manufacturer?

@OnVisa - why not start a Kickstarter to take BlackBerry private. That means no investor calls, no analysts, and you can promise anything you'd like and not deliver and hope that your home town audience continues to applaud your every move. Only need around $2-3bn to do it (and I am sure Prem Watsa would be happy to take a profit and sail away).

Yes, it is all Wall Street's fault.

Epic fail.
    LOL at Kickstarter...
    07-10-13 02:10 PM
    The most popular phone in the USA is the iPhone - why? Because it works like a toaster. It does what the owner expects it to do, runs everything you can do with a smart phone, and when it's broken you walk into the Apple store - hold it at arms length and go "FIX MY PHONE!!!" to a genius.

No sideloading. No rebooting. No hurry up and wait that app is coming they promised they will at launch 6 months ago...
    jpvj and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-10-13 02:18 PM
    But you can jailbreak it!
    07-10-13 02:20 PM
    They are only supporting made in America.
    Yes, like when Samsung was trying to get the lion's share of the US market and all the carriers wanted to do was push HP/Palm devices.

Poor Samsung.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-10-13 02:26 PM
    That's what I say, screw America. (And I'm in America!) America doesn't deserve BlackBerry, it deserves Prism.
    Years and years of giving us poor buggy phones and Zero customer service sure helped..we sure do not want more of the same..keep lying to yourself and praise a company that constantly lie to investors and customers
    07-10-13 02:39 PM
    It so funny how folks agrue over what phone should have and do.

Posted via CB10
    Rowan M likes this.
    07-10-13 02:40 PM
    Blackberry stock in USA-blg_blame_canada.jpg

10 Characters!
    pantlesspenguin and spike12 like this.
    07-10-13 02:40 PM
    Blackberry needs to stop wasting time and money in the states. Blackberry should only focus on enterprise market in the states. I believe that the rate of return on a dollar spent else where will be much higher than in the states. Americans have moved on and media is totally against Blackberry for some reason. Blackberry still has a good image in other parts of the world. If Blackberry stops wasting resources in the dead market which is the states, it could be profitable. It may not sell that many devices but I think it can drastically reduce its expenses and retain its brand image. Blackberry could also go exclusive with one carrier and limit its expenses by making carrier pay for all the marketing but this should be done with very stringent parameters to make sure carrier does push the device and not like Lumias with AT&T whuch still keeps pushing IPhones and Galaxys.
    07-10-13 02:57 PM
    Why would any carrier want a BlackBerry exclusive and get stuck with the marketing costs?
    That worked with the iPhone as it was revolutionary years ago.
    07-10-13 02:59 PM
    They are only supporting made in America.
    Funny... Last I checked, the top selling phones in the US aren't made in America.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via TapaTalk 4 beta.
    07-10-13 03:21 PM
    Blackberry need to bare some responsible for why carriers are supporting it. Carriers probably just don't see a very compelling product and they've probably made little to no commitment to Blackberry for advertising. If I'm a carrier, why spend my advertising dollars on a product I don't believe in when I can spend less to put some marketing behind a well known device/platform? I don't unless Blackberry sweetens the pot for them and it's apparent that's not the case.
    07-10-13 03:40 PM
    Blackberry needs to stop wasting time and money in the states. Blackberry should only focus on enterprise market in the states. I believe that the rate of return on a dollar spent else where will be much higher than in the states. Americans have moved on and media is totally against Blackberry for some reason. Blackberry still has a good image in other parts of the world. If Blackberry stops wasting resources in the dead market which is the states, it could be profitable. It may not sell that many devices but I think it can drastically reduce its expenses and retain its brand image. Blackberry could also go exclusive with one carrier and limit its expenses by making carrier pay for all the marketing but this should be done with very stringent parameters to make sure carrier does push the device and not like Lumias with AT&T whuch still keeps pushing IPhones and Galaxys.
    Blackberry does okay in those countries where 3G is not present but now things are changing and most emerging countries are updating their infrastructures moving to 3G/4G/LTE and when that happen even those market will be a tough sell for Blackberry devices
    07-10-13 04:27 PM
39 12