Ok, the title is a bit strong, but...

I am concerned about data mining, security and the eye of the big brother controlling me.

Android is like an intruder to your life, it knows easily where do you live, where do you work, how long does it take to go home... it's annoying.

And, like somebody said, I don't need to log in to Google + or something else to declare my existence.

And I wonder how the choice of Android was a necessary step, a conscious choice or just bowing to the stronger power of the ones who wants other OS to die, just to control all the market.

Is BlackBerry aware of this?

Hope BB10 will rise again, freedom is power.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 02:21 PM
    Android was a necessary step for BlackBerry,

BB10 doesn't offer much of a market to sell many of the patents/research they put into it. For example the HUB, contacts, calendar integrations, even their docs to go and assistant acquisitions are all valuable assets that cannot be sold, because they are restricted to a non-market.

BlackBerry needs to sell the technologies they invented, and the best way to do so is port them to the largest market.

Hell - Blend is teasing these features for windows desktop for me. If they can get it integrated into windows o/s, i would totally dish out dollars to buy it.
    08-23-15 02:32 PM

I am concerned about data mining, security and the eye of the big brother controlling me.

Android is like an intruder to your life, it knows easily where do you live, where do you work, how long does it take to go home... it's annoying.

And, like somebody said, I don't need to log in to Google + or something else to declare my existence.

And I wonder how the choice of Android was a necessary step, a conscious choice or just bowing to the stronger power of the ones who wants other OS to die, just to control all the market.

Is BlackBerry aware of this?

Hope BB10 will rise again, freedom is power.

Posted via CB10
    Also Android phones do NOT require you to sign Into Google+. If you want to take advantage of traffic updates-based on your normal route, personalized searches, customized advertisements, etc. Then sign in, if not don't. Your phone will still work and Google play isn't the only app store on Android. There are plenty of app stores dude. Don't believe the hyperbole.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    LazyEvul likes this.
    08-23-15 03:17 PM
    So to say security, privacy aren't valuable assets no more?

I'd like to see what happens when they 'll try to sell an Android device to Obama...

If they wanted to sell the suite for Android and iOS, they could do it without killing BB10.

As for productivity: no productivity suite will make an Android like BB10.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-23-15 03:20 PM
    Given how many threads there are here about Gmail not deleting or deleting emails when you press delete on BB10, the number of posts on the Google play services patching threads, the number of times it was 'asked' how to change the default search engine from Bing to Google,..

I really don't think BlackBerry saw any anti-Google argument as a persuasive selling point (which is why it was never made or implied).

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-23-15 03:22 PM
    Google ,Apple and Microsoft is all about data mining , BlackBerry platform is the only one concering about privacy and security and could not believe they will go for Android. They will lose everything they build up the last few years.

So in my opinion BB10 will be there and Android users can find out the nice apps which BlackBerry has and to get the best experience you need BlackBerry 10.
    Last edited by whatsever; 08-24-15 at 10:46 AM.
    lift, will308 and pyBerry like this.
    08-23-15 03:30 PM
    use a fake name & location for google. I do.
    08-23-15 03:32 PM
    I'm pretty sure Google doesn't care much about what I say or do much less want to control me. As for the politicians, Hillary Clinton just had to hand over all of her email serve so I doubt any of them have any expectation that their electronic communications are guaranteed to be private.

Everyone is entitled to seek privacy and security, however, once this takes you out of the mainstream such then you are going to find yourself marginalized in terms of access to consumer technology. You can't expect Blackberry to cater to you just because you don't want to use any Google services.
    08-23-15 03:38 PM
    me 2 for my tablet and blocked a lot of apps and don't use google apps , only gmail account that is fake and chrome .

like some people complaining about google+ and to share everything while they using whatsapp, facebook and instagram? Duh
    08-23-15 03:40 PM
    use a fake name & location for google. I do.
    How do you fake your GPS location everywhere you go? They'll know where you are from IP. There's no masking your location 100% from the OS.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-23-15 03:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    For those of us who don't like Android, there is BB10. For those who don't mind, they can go to BB with Android...they've been using Android anyway.

But it looks like BB is making Android more secure. At any rate, BB10 is not going away...at least for now.
    08-23-15 03:44 PM
    Survival is what counts and they don't want give a hoot about their supposebly niche markets,so?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-23-15 04:11 PM
    While I do think security is an important concern, to both, private and business users, privacy and data-mining are an entirely different question.

Working in secure environment or network doesn't mean there's privacy, as we see with most corporate networks.

Also, some BlackBerry users here seem to be overly concerned about data-mining, for whatever reason. It makes sense not to give personal data away carelessly, of course, but it's not like there would be someone sitting in a mission-control like building, following your everyday lives.

Everyone who has every been in contact with data-mining and business intelligence processes in the real world knows that the amount of data is gigantic. Data is impersonal and rarely even structured. It's not like you would lose anything because Google analyzes your battery usage. Also, most of those privacy settings can be manually set, so if you're so concerned about it, just switch everything off.

Posted via CB10
    southlander, LazyEvul and Bilaal like this.
    08-23-15 04:18 PM
    While I do think security is an important concern, to both, private and business users, privacy and data-mining are an entirely different question.

Working in secure environment or network doesn't mean there's privacy, as we see with most corporate networks.

Also, some BlackBerry users here seem to be overly concerned about data-mining, for whatever reason. It makes sense not to give personal data away carelessly, of course, but it's not like there would be someone sitting in a mission-control like building, following your everyday lives.

Everyone who has every been in contact with data-mining and business intelligence processes in the real world knows that the amount of data is gigantic. Data is impersonal and rarely even structured. It's not like you would lose anything because Google analyzes your battery usage. Also, most of those privacy settings can be manually set, so if you're so concerned about it, just switch everything off.

Posted via CB10
    Only when your personal information eventually gets leaked"" hacked " by data mining. will then many will realize why it was important to NOT allow apps to access to their device information . Google isn't as innocent as many think.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 04:24 PM
    Survival is what counts and they don't want give a hoot about their supposebly niche markets,so?
    Yep, when you're treading water to stay alive you have to watch out for the big guys or they'll eat you up. Yet I'm still happy with and rooting for BlackBerry 10 to survive!
    BlackBerry sold itself to Google IMO-foto09.jpg

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-23-15 04:31 PM
    If you're on Blackberry and concerned about your privacy you shouldn't be on ATT and Verizon full stop. Otherwise quit your whining.
    08-23-15 04:35 PM
    Only when your personal information eventually gets leaked"" hacked " by data mining. will then many will realize why it was important to NOT allow apps to access to their device information . Google isn't as innocent as many think.

Posted via CB10
    Assuming something might happen doesn't make it real nor does it mean you should avoid it. You COULD get hit by a car crossing the street, therefore you should stop crossing streets. Just be careful, as with everything.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 04:52 PM
    Assuming is what some do. It has happened already REALITY bites

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've never used an Android device (or anything but a BlackBerry actually), and my health insurance data was breached, my credit card data was breached, my school data from almost ten years ago was breached, and most recently my entire background check data was breached...

So yeah forgive me if somehow, disguising...

how many times I search for: stack overflow questions, how a deer tick bite looks, the right oil for my lawn mower, pizza zipcode, what the difference between class A, C and class B rv are, weather zipcode, how to make a fat cat lose weight, etc.

... Seems to have lost a bit of pertinence with regards to 'protecting my privacy'.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:06 PM
    I for one do not care how much data mining, tracking and ad bombing these companies do... my rule is simple... if I do not want something to come back and bite me on the internet... I simply do not post it... I use a prepaid visa card for internet purchases when needed.... so you crooks out there.....good luck using a card with no balance,,,,,Do all my surfing and downloading though an encrypted vpn on both my mobile and home computers.... good luck finding me MPAA..... purchased an ad blocking program... ads... what ads....along with a good anti malware program... not going to highjack me......so to Google .. Microsoft... Apple ( which I own a device by each ) go right ahead and data mine... track and throw ads at me all you want... do not care... which is why BB is my daily driver for me... do not need to worry about any of the above nonsense.... If something ever comes back to bite me... it will be my fault not any other companies activities.... in the end I am simply not that important!!!!
    techvisor and Blacklatino like this.
    08-23-15 05:15 PM
    good luck finding me MPAA.....
    I'm not condoning the craziness that the MPAA is engaged in, but are you really entitled to swipe content? If you can't afford a movie theater ticket, why not wait a little bit and pay a few bucks to see it? It used to be that you'd have to wait a year for a movie to appear on cable, then at some point on network TV, before availability to purchase. Now, movies are delivered over the internet with just a short wait.
    08-23-15 05:41 PM
    I for one do not care how much data mining, tracking and ad bombing these companies do... my rule is simple... if I do not want something to come back and bite me on the internet... I simply do not post it... I use a prepaid visa card for internet purchases when needed.... so you crooks out there.....good luck using a card with no balance,,,,,Do all my surfing and downloading though an encrypted vpn on both my mobile and home computers.... good luck finding me MPAA..... purchased an ad blocking program... ads... what ads....along with a good anti malware program... not going to highjack me......so to Google .. Microsoft... Apple ( which I own a device by each ) go right ahead and data mine... track and throw ads at me all you want... do not care... which is why BB is my daily driver for me... do not need to worry about any of the above nonsense.... If something ever comes back to bite me... it will be my fault not any other companies activities.... in the end I am simply not that important!!!!
    Dbmalloy I always appreciate your points but y u no like paragraphs

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:42 PM
    Dbmalloy I always appreciate your points but y u no like paragraphs
    Lots of punctuations though...
    08-23-15 05:46 PM
    Before everyone starts condemning Blackberry for moving into Android, let's wait and see how they have embedded their software skin into the OS first!!

I am actually excited about the new slider, if and when it's ever released. Which in my opinion should be more sooner then later.

I think folks who have been hesitant about coming back the the brand, just might be willing to take the plunge when the slider hits the market, I for one will be the first in line to buy it.
    Last edited by bakron1; 08-23-15 at 06:59 PM.
    08-23-15 05:54 PM
    Also in the news, "Dewey Defeats Truman."
    lift and Blacklatino like this.
    08-23-15 05:59 PM
98 123 ...