I currently own a BB 9930 for Verizon. Plan on switching to Solavei (which uses T-mobile service) but was told that the new carrier doesn't support BB Data (I was unaware of the difference) meaning accessing BBM, Email, Web Browsing etc. Only can be done via WIFI. You can only Call & Text with Solavei. Has anyone found a way to surpass this ? Is there an APN configuration to this or something else ? Thanks in advance
    11-02-13 07:54 PM
    I currently own a BB 9930 for Verizon. Plan on switching to Solavei (which uses T-mobile service) but was told that the new carrier doesn't support BB Data (I was unaware of the difference) meaning accessing BBM, Email, Web Browsing etc. Only can be done via WIFI. You can only Call & Text with Solavei. Has anyone found a way to surpass this ? Is there an APN configuration to this or something else ? Thanks in advance
    Actually, if the new carrier doesn't support "BB Data" (officially referred to as BIS, or "BlackBerry Internet Service"), you won't even be to access BBM via WiFi. You should be able to do all other things like email, web and browsing via WiFi though.

If they do not support BIS, you have 2 avenues.
    1) Stay with one of the big carriers that has BIS.
    2) Get a BB10 Device. New BlackBerry 10 devices do not require a special data plan.
    millien9930 likes this.
    11-02-13 09:17 PM
    Bis required as Andrew said. No way of bypassing this unless you go on bb10.

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    millien9930 likes this.
    11-02-13 09:30 PM
    Actually, if the new carrier doesn't support "BB Data" (officially referred to as BIS, or "BlackBerry Internet Service"), you won't even be to access BBM via WiFi. You should be able to do all other things like email, web and browsing via WiFi though.

If they do not support BIS, you have 2 avenues.
    1) Stay with one of the big carriers that has BIS.
    2) Get a BB10 Device. New BlackBerry 10 devices do not require a special data plan.

Understood. Eventually I was going to cross over to BB10, Q10 specifically. Thanks Andrew4Life
    11-02-13 10:53 PM
    Bis required as Andrew said. No way of bypassing this unless you go on bb10.

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    Thanks for the confirmation !
    11-02-13 10:55 PM
    Go on T-Mobile. They don't require BIS for older BBs.

Posted using the Diva's Z
    11-03-13 12:03 AM