I have made the difficult (for me) decision not to replace my aging iPhone 3GS with a new iPhone but instead switch to a Blackberry. I have been looking at the various Blackberry models and the rumors of what may soon be released. To me one of the first questions to answer is whether I want a physical or soft keyboard. I wasnt too sure about the soft keyboard idea when I got my iPhone but I was pleasantly surprised and found it very easy to type on. On the other hand, I did use an Android phone for about a month that had a soft keyboard and found it extremely difficult to type on.

So, I was hoping there might be some people out there that have used an iPhone as well as a soft keyboard on one of the Blackberrys. If so, how do they compare?

Thanks
    04-26-11 01:55 PM
    iPhone wins in terms of on-screen keyboards.

And I would like to add that I don't add any of the hype and whatnot behind my positions, what I type is just how it is, No one did better than iPhone in terms of digital keyboards.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 04-26-11 at 02:20 PM.
    04-26-11 02:10 PM
    iPhone wins in terms of on-screen keyboards.
    Got to agree ... I prefer a physical keyboard and really don't care for any of the virtual keyboards myself, but the iPhone's seems to be the easiest of them to use.
    04-26-11 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses. It sounds like I will be looking for a Blackberry with a physical keyboard, which is fine with me. Thanks again.
    04-26-11 02:57 PM
    Ill get basted for this but the storm two vkb with the SureType mode is awesome. You can type one handed w ease & fast and accurate. Just my opinion so storm haters keep it to yourself plz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 03:16 PM
    I get frustrated almost every time I use an iPhone On-Screen keyboard. A physical BB Keyboard is much better I think.

The short-cuts and having Auto Text is a huge time-saver.
    04-26-11 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses. It sounds like I will be looking for a Blackberry with a physical keyboard, which is fine with me. Thanks again.
    Hang on for a few months if you can ... there are some awesome looking new devices coming out soon. The Bold Touch is looking to be the Cadillac of mobile keyboards.

2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap Explained in Detail | CrackBerry.com
    04-26-11 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD