I got a 9700 here on .656. Had it on a full BIS plan. Decided to switch to a social plan.

When I switch it to social, my Wi-Fi connects to the router, but the logo stays grey and I can't use the browser.

I called back my service provider and told them switch it back to the normal plan. Within seconds the logo turned white.

I called them back and told them switch it back to social.. No wifi..

thoughts anyone?: (
    07-18-10 01:05 PM
    thats really strange. Try using your hotspot browser even when the logo isnt lit up.
    07-18-10 01:10 PM
    its defaulted to the hotspot.

i dunno why it happening. and my service provider says something is wrong with my phone..
    07-18-10 01:15 PM
    That makes no sense, I wish I had an answer for you, if you end up getting one definitely let us know cause that is odd!
    07-18-10 02:25 PM
    When I had the social plan with TELUS, I could only use the browser with wifi (pretty useless) and none of the BIS applications would work through wifi.
    07-18-10 08:00 PM
    ^ That is normal behaviour.

Everyone is stumped. My provider wants me to bring my phone in. I refuse as I know nothing is wrong with it.

My temporary solution is to take off the radio. Only then the WiFi will work when on social.
    07-19-10 10:39 AM
    Tried a social sim card for another provider here. Same problem.

Wifi works when radio is off but the logo never turns white.
    With NO sim card the logo does not turn white either but it does work.

Strange indeed.
    07-22-10 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD