Ok as title says , maybe a country like Egypt is not very important to the blackberry scene right now. this might be wrong , bare with me this is gonna be long.
    First of all i started with BlackBerry back in the days with first curve ever produced, then switched to torch 9810 and i loved both devices(battery was only issue for me} then i moved to the z10 , loved it it was amazing but battery issue again appeared and made me feel frustrated.Then z30 came out and i had to send someone to get it from Dubai last year in its very first days ...best blackberry i ever used , i also had iphone 5 and a htc one around me all time but not my own devices.

Now i am writing this to build on some details to what i just mentioned. Back in the curve days everyone had a blackberry , even people with iphones had a blackberry as a must , it was out selling ios and Android both combined. then everything started crumpling for blackberry , when i bought the z10 from the main courier here "etisalat" off course i was recommend to get an iphone but i laughed and the retail guy was like are you that sure , then i told him if this phone made calls only and had a blackberry logo on it , its enough for me...this might be a silly thing but really just looking at the blackberry logo relaxes me somehow and makes me feel like i have a real phone.

Anyways i visit the store later because i didnt know how to get internet service for the z10 , and i was on the old os7 plan , no body told me i should cut it off and just use normal mobile internet , no body at the store knew what to do , and this is not the problem.
    Here comes the shocker there was a blackberry usher at a device stand , he didn't know anything either about the fact the i need to change to normal internet plans. later on i figured that out on my own(1 day later). So because i love blackberry every time i go the courier shop i talk a little to the usher working their on the bb10 stand and i normally give her a lot of information about blackberry and why people should buy it over the galaxy and iphone. she was totally primitive on info , later i hooked up with her later and i meet her outside work (not what your thinking she not good looking anyways ) so i wanted to ask her for details about her job and who manages blackberry here in Egypt.

She told me she works for a marketing company called pulb , also she said that they didn't give her any sort of training or motivation, and now this company markets rice and oil !!!! apparently blackberry people broke off this marketing company which is a huge mistake in the first place to let them market blackberry , damn just look at samsung , they got a poster of every new phone in every freaking place , i find them posters in wired places, they always make events at citystars (biggest mall in Egypt i live next to it ) even if you dont have the money dont let a company that markets rice and oil do the work !! i have pushed a couple of close friends to buy a q10 , made me happy even though i don't get anything in return which is fine with me i just hope Blackberry grow better and better forever. Anyways Egypt has a population of approximately 85 million people , and let me tell you something about Egyptian people , they would sell their own cloth to have a smartphone...my compound guard has an S4 !!!! Blackberry should at least be able to sell about 5 million smartphones easily ever quarter as a minimum , just simple low cost marketing could do it , a Blackberry is Back campaign here and their should do it , its just more about the tricks of marketing more than the money of marketing , at least that is what i believe.

Even with all the problems happening all around Egypt , there is only 2 industries that has not been effected , internet providers and smartphones...they are actually the reason for the revolution that removed the previous president . I feel really sad when i go into the courier's shop these days with the bb stand still there with z10 removed for some reason , only q10 and q5 , and its a crime that small tv set on the stand that shows a demo of bb10 features is all dust and looks old and actually the playback video started to blurry and a lot of random color spikes ...just looking at it makes you believe blackberry is dead for good if your not a fan ...its a horrible scene and over time it will put the idea of blackberry dying more more inside every one who enters the store ! If anybody can do anything about it PLEASE DO , it makes me really sad inside . Anyways Thank you very much for reading this and i hope something changes
    Last edited by Ahmed Ragab; 04-17-14 at 06:29 PM.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-17-14 06:16 PM
    paragraphs....use them please lol
    Monsterlad likes this.
    04-17-14 06:21 PM
    lol sorry i am weak on writing stuff
    paragraphs....use them please lol
    04-17-14 06:23 PM
    I feel this post could really help generate worthy conversation. It would be nice if you edited it to have paragraphs. People can be put off reading something like this in 'bulk'. Thanks.

Sent using CB Forums app
    04-17-14 06:24 PM
    First of all, please add paragraph breaks to gigantic long posts, it is very hard to read a "wall of text".

Second, BlackBerry is lacking the financial resources right now to do much marketing of handsets in most markets. This will get worse before it gets better.

Once they have found a stable source of revenue with their software and services portfolio, then perhaps they will make a renewed push in the smartphone market.

One country they probably will spend some money marketing handsets in is Indonesia, which is the most enthusiastic market in the world for Blackberry right now, and Indonesia has 300 million people. The new Z3 model should debut there within weeks.
    04-17-14 06:25 PM
    I am not saying spend money , i am just saying remove the bad imagery already there ! small marketing tricks that require almost no money ? they do exist!
    First of all, please add paragraph breaks to gigantic long posts, it is very hard to read a "wall of text".

Second, BlackBerry is lacking the financial resources right now to do much marketing of handsets in most markets. This will get worse before it gets better.

Once they have found a stable source of revenue with their software and services portfolio, then perhaps they will make a renewed push in the smartphone market.

One country they probably will spend some money marketing handsets in is Indonesia, which is the most enthusiastic market in the world for Blackberry right now, and Indonesia has 300 million people. The new Z3 model should debut there within weeks.
    04-17-14 06:36 PM
    thanks hope the new layout is better
    I feel this post could really help generate worthy conversation. It would be nice if you edited it to have paragraphs. People can be put off reading something like this in 'bulk'. Thanks.

Sent using CB Forums app
    anon(153966) likes this.
    04-17-14 06:39 PM
    thanks hope the new layout is better

Much better, thank you very much.

I am not saying spend money , i am just saying remove the bad imagery already there ! small marketing tricks that require almost no money ? they do exist!

Well unfortunately it usually takes money to change public perceptions of mass consumer products.

There are some ways that don't cost a lot of money, though it's hard to say how effective they are.

For example, you and other BlackBerry fans could start a "grassroots" social media campaign to promote BlackBerry in Egypt.
    Ahmed Ragab likes this.
    04-17-14 06:50 PM
    Yes we can ...but we still need blackberry support and if they spend any money in the future they better be very accurate about it
    04-17-14 06:58 PM