Hear about the BLU fiasco involving their phones? Amazon uses Blu as one of its budget phones offering amazon ads. Maybe it's better that BlackBerry does not get involve in making an amazon subsidized phone...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-15-16 08:52 PM
    Hear about the BLU fiasco involving their phones? Amazon uses Blu as one of its budget phones offering amazon ads. Maybe it's better that BlackBerry does not get involve in making an amazon subsidized phone...

Good point actually, the first one to say something different to the majority

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 08:26 PM
    Well, yes - post-paid customers would have been crazy to buy a phone outright, because until recently, you would effectively be paying for the phone twice, since repayment of the phone was built into the monthly service price whether or not you actually bought a new phone. People on post-paid accounts who kept their phones past their 2-year dates were straight-up milking their customers...
    That was me... keeping my Z10 past the 2-year contract time, but still paying the same price to keep my unlimited data on AT&T.

But, we recently went with a tiered family plan once we figured the actual data we were all using in a month - plus a buffer. Now, I pay the data plan, the connection of 3 phones, all off contract now, and our bill dropped by almost 100 bucks.

Still on my Z10, now past the 3-year mark.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 10:43 PM
    You are quite simply wrong

The Fire phone was crazy low price, but the price point was one of the few good things about it.

Even with that low price point the phone failed because the experience was not the same calibre as its specs
    You know a few but tried to tell us the whole story. Nice try, though.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-17-16 01:39 AM
    I don't know if this is good for BlackBerry security, but why not try a license with a modular phone company? Like the FAirphone 2 folks? Imagine being able to build your own pkb phone with removable modular parts? There are many people who still love the bold-style pkb, and if given the option of an updated specs phone that could use such a pkb, I think BlackBerry would be surprised at how many of these customers reappear. Many of the bold 99s fans love to tinker, anyway!

Plus, the Fairphone is a very conscientious phone that is eco-friendly.

11-18-16 10:18 AM
80 ... 234