I saw this on the news column, and I think it's an amazing idea. It will not only create more revenue for the company, but can overall lead to more users being so happy with the keyboard experience that they can possibly switch to BBOS platform, which is the end agenda. However, if they decide to do this, it needs to be implemented FAST, I saw kevins review where he stated the hardware was flimsy on the typo keyboard, and he received an email back immediately saying they are producing new units to improve quality. If blackberry is going to do this, it needs to be pushed out before typo gets the chance to revamp their product (which it looks like they are doing at rapid speeds)

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 02:44 PM
    Misleading topic title.

No one said that!

CDN BB

*edit. I see the topic has been properly changed.
    Last edited by Lostonline; 01-14-14 at 03:30 PM.
    01-14-14 02:57 PM
    This argument only makes sense if you assume that the keyboard is the only thing that makes a BlackBerry unique.

It's only a relatively small part of the experience, and by making an accessory for someone else's phone, BlackBerry loses control over the user experience past the keyboard. It's a quick cash grab that takes away one small reason why an iOS user might return to the platform.

In short, no.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30
    01-14-14 03:04 PM
    01-14-14 03:07 PM
    I see both sides.

There are some people who will never come back to BlackBerry but might miss the keyboard. By offering a detachable keyboard like this, BlackBerry could still make money off of the people that they'd otherwise never see a dime from again.

On the other hand, I'm sure there would be more than a few Q10 users who would buy the BlackBerry attachment and head on over to pick up an iPhone 5S. It really would be the "best of both worlds," and they'd see no real benefit to the Q10 anymore.

I love BlackBerry 10 and a keyboard from BlackBerry would not get me to leave BlackBerry. But others are only in it for the keyboard and if they keyboard is somewhere else, they could go somewhere else too.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:08 PM
    Misleading topic title.
    Seriously. I did a double take when I saw "BlackBerry to make detachable keyboard for iphone" as the title.
    01-14-14 03:10 PM
    Haha sorry guys didn't try and misled.. I was just copying and pasting the title of that news article.. I'm not saying blackberry is only known and valuable for its keyboard, but it Is what their known for and most of the fan who are heavy users with email see the keyboard as a necessity.

So in short I don't think "no" is even remotely a correct response. The rationale being that right now blackberry only sells phones. Not computers, not apple tvs, not ipods. So this is a way for blackberry to throw another iron in their fire in terms of revenue. The only other items for sale are through BlackBerry world.. and I don't think this is even remotely a smidgen of their revenue stream.

All in all.. more products for sale.. more sales for the company.. more revenue

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 05:49 PM
    NO! An iphone with a physical keyboard is just that. It is not even close to a bb10 z30 experience.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 06:09 PM