Just thinking about my past phones (LG Keybo and Nokia N8), they all had narrator ringtones which a lady would say "call from _____".
    And if it's from an unknown number, the lady would just call out the numbers, say "call from 123456789 (example number)

I think this is a major feature that is missing in BlackBerry. I have extensively used the narrator ringtones on my past phones.

If you are concerned about privacy, you could have a setting that just tells you the initials of the contact. Even better, you could have a setting in the contacts menu to customize the name the narrator says in the phone call ringtone.

This would eliminate the need for a custom ringtone.

While my past phones only had this feature for phone calls, I'm sure it could be easily used for bbm, texts, email, fb, and other apps as well.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-01-14 11:32 PM
    I hope they bring out those famous corporate ring tones we had in the height of BlackBerry. The Bold, etc. There were tons of ring tones made from a famous guy. Ring tones made with love and passion. The notification alerts, etc. I miss that.

Now, with BlackBerry 10 there are just a few strange ones. I want original made all new BlackBerry ringtones!!!!

Dear Mr. Chen. If read this: please hire the founder of the ringtones from 2007-2011!!!! He was bestest. We care about the little details.

So when my passport or Classic lies on the table and rings, I need a typical BlackBerry ringtone/ notification alert.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-02-14 12:20 AM
    I hope they bring out those famous corporate ring tones we had in the height of BlackBerry. The Bold, etc. There were tons of ring tones made from a famous guy. Ring tones made with love and passion. The notification alerts, etc. I miss that.

Now, with BlackBerry 10 there are just a few strange ones. I want original made all new BlackBerry ringtones!!!!

Dear Mr. Chen. If read this: please hire the founder of the ringtones from 2007-2011!!!! He was bestest. We care about the little details.

So when my passport or Classic lies on the table and rings, I need a typical BlackBerry ringtone/ notification alert.

Posted via CB10
    I have a soft spot in my heart for those old notifications. Especially Lightspeed. I also used Sonar and Crystal a lot. I tried downloading a set of them, but the recordings are all bad. The sound quality isn't good and they clip off the end of the notification. However, I'm using a notification on my M8 that sounds almost exactly like Crystal. It makes me happy .
    08-02-14 10:14 AM