I don't know about you but from where im sitting, Blackberry have not had this much attention on an unofficial, rumoured handset in quite a while.

I will get straight to my point.

It seems like a no brainer to me to officially call the rumoured Q30 handset (Windermere) the Blackberry 'Windermere.'

We know that the Q20 is now officially the 'Classic' so why not keep it simple and continue the flow of media and customer engagement and go with Windermere.

What would you call the new rumoured device?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 07:34 AM
    What does the name Windermere bring to the table?

While the whole Letter/Number current naming system is confusing and doesn't have the emotional connection that other nameing systems are able to generate.... Why not just call it the BOLD Q20?
    keypad likes this.
    05-27-14 08:53 AM
    If it really follows the squarish design we have seen so far, they should totally call it:
    The BlackBerry Cube. (or Qube, if you want to stick to the Q-naming scheme.)

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    keypad likes this.
    05-27-14 09:03 AM
    So out goes windermere, in comes BlackBerry Passport.

Though i do like the former code name, I must admit, I'm happy with the now official Passport name branding.

The handset looks amazing and I'm sure it will add something unique to the slab landscape giving BlackBerry a visual platform, to launch future devices from.

Cant wait for September.
    06-21-14 03:18 AM
    Personally I like the passport, it sounds like a professional device name for a traveler or person on the go.

Can't wait until it's released later this year. Hopefully the pricing is the same as the current z30 @ 499.00 IS.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    06-21-14 03:41 AM
    Personally I like the passport, it sounds like a professional device name for a traveler or person on the go.

Can't wait until it's released later this year. Hopefully the pricing is the same as the current z30 @ 499.00 IS.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    +1

Couldn't agree more sir.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 03:50 AM
    +1

Couldn't agree more sir.

Posted via CB10
    Even though we don't want to spend too much for out awesome phones, the iDroids will have some fodder if they price them too cheap this time...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    06-21-14 08:00 AM
    Even though we don't want to spend too much for out awesome phones, the iDroids will have some fodder if they price them too cheap this time...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    BlackBerry's first concern is shifting handsets.
    We already know people won't spend premium prices on blackberry.
    We also know the blackberry devices that sold the most were the curves.
    It's a bit of a no brained really.
    Especially as the big boys are now focusing on the low price end of the market.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-21-14 08:44 PM
    "Passport" is a perfect name IMHO.
    06-21-14 08:46 PM
    Just like my 5 years old daughter said while JC was showing it. That's one big silly square blackberry phone dad!
    06-21-14 08:50 PM
    IMO the name is a real hit. The shape is also something interesting that will give the unique feel for the device.
    I'm slightly concerned about the missing hardware keys. No one is actually talking about that. But it is obvious that few of the Q10 keys are missing. It will be great someone to explain the solution.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:45 AM
    I like passport better tbh. I think BlackBerry is doing good on naming there devices.
    "Passport" & "Classic" no other company really names there phone like this. I like the BlackBerry way of doing things.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:59 AM