I was at my Doctor yesterday for a regular check up and while sitting in the waiting lounge I sort of over heard two ladies conversation where one said to the other "I work for a school board and mostly all the teachers there use BlackBerry and you don't even want to dare interrupt these guys when they are are on those darn things...". Although she was content with her iPhone, she didn't mean anything derog by the statement because when I politely interjected and asked her to clarify, she explained that meant that the teachers were kind of engrossed in their BBs when using them or better yet, seemed addicted to their BBs.

Her comment made me wonder, why are BlackBerry users so engrossed with their phones or so addicted? Is it because there are so many things to discover on these phones that you don't even realise that one is even being sucked in as they are always finding out or discovering new things? It's very obvious that since the launch of BB10 in 2013 we have had so many OS updates to date; with many features being added to, introduced, modified or deleted. Yet, the BB10 OS is far from being matured as can be attested to, by CB's "The Top 25 Things BlackBerry Users Would Like to See Improved in BlackBerry 10!".

Finally, maybe BlackBerry's parallel is much like Ontario Canada, a very big province with so much to discover that its auto licence plate logo says so "YOURS TO DISCOVER" https://www.rac.ca/en/rac/services/l...tarioplate.gif; the more you uncover, the more you enjoy. Likewise, the BB10 OS platform based on the QNX is or seems so rich and versatile that there is a lot yet to be discovered even by the BlackBerry engineers.

Are BlackBerry users more engrossed or addicted with their phones than users of Apple or Android phones?
    xBURK likes this.
    03-20-14 01:49 PM
    My wife (now an iphone user for a few years) would definitely agree with that statement.. I still can't figure out when I actually became addicted..
    03-20-14 02:08 PM
    That pretty much sums up BlackBerry's marketing strategy for a while now.

"Hope they discover it."

Posted via CB10
    KDB84, The Aficionado and Bdot-1 like this.
    03-20-14 02:13 PM
    Personally I love discovering new things and tricks on this BB10 platform; one thing that's certain is that my wife thinks I am a BlackBerry addict.
    03-21-14 12:47 PM
    That sounds like a marketing plan BlackBerry should be using. I was aways addicted to my BlackBerry's ever since having the first Pearl. I guess it's a habit for most BlackBerry users which is why the BlackBerry was nicknamed the "CrackBerry".

Powered by my BlackBerry (Z10). Join my #BBM Channels C001227CF, C00476C37, C003829C9, C002454C9,C002190AC, C00120CE3
    03-21-14 01:08 PM
    Your title is a little misleading. I think what your talking about is the Brand Message - tagline, slogan, headlines

Zed30
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-21-14 01:10 PM
    I was at my Doctor yesterday for a regular check up and while sitting in the waiting lounge I sort of over heard two ladies conversation where one said to the other "I work for a school board and mostly all the teachers there use BlackBerry and you don't even want to dare interrupt these guys when they are are on those darn things...". Although she was content with her iPhone, she didn't mean anything derog by the statement because when I politely interjected and asked her to clarify, she explained that meant that the teachers were kind of engrossed in their BBs when using them or better yet, seemed addicted to their BBs.

Her comment made me wonder, why are BlackBerry users so engrossed with their phones or so addicted? Is it because there are so many things to discover on these phones that you don't even realise that one is even being sucked in as they are always finding out or discovering new things? It's very obvious that since the launch of BB10 in 2013 we have had so many OS updates to date; with many features being added to, introduced, modified or deleted. Yet, the BB10 OS is far from being matured as can be attested to, by CB's "The Top 25 Things BlackBerry Users Would Like to See Improved in BlackBerry 10!".

Finally, maybe BlackBerry's parallel is much like Ontario Canada, a very big province with so much to discover that its auto licence plate logo says so "YOURS TO DISCOVER" https://www.rac.ca/en/rac/services/l...tarioplate.gif; the more you uncover, the more you enjoy. Likewise, the BB10 OS platform based on the QNX is or seems so rich and versatile that there is a lot yet to be discovered even by the BlackBerry engineers.

Are BlackBerry users more engrossed or addicted with their phones than users of Apple or Android phones?
    Teachers are fairly frugal so what makes you think they would have BB10 devices ? I suspect older BBOS devices or even more likely a phone that is not an iPhone. Basically the whole premise seems far fetched .
    MichealBerry likes this.
    03-21-14 01:55 PM
    Teachers are fairly frugal so what makes you think they would have BB10 devices ? I suspect older BBOS devices or even more likely a phone that is not an iPhone. Basically the whole premise seems far fetched .
    Hope you are not stereotyping all teachers. I didn't ask the lady specifically if she knew what type of BlackBerry phones all the teachers in her school board were using. Come to think of it, how would she even know? I said she uses iPhone and was happy with her phone because she "can load all sorts of apps as she desires".
    Moreover another bit of information that I didn't divulge because I didn't think it was relevant, was that I had a Z30 and Z10 on me and she didn't even know that my Z30 was BlackBerry. To top that off, she also said during our conversation that she thought BBRY was bankrupt. Like really? In one breath she states that a lot of the teachers in her school board used BB phones and the next minute she was saying BBRY was bankrupt; just shear ignorance.
    Finally, there is nothing far fetched in what I witnessed and related in my post. You can either believe it or not. I have no intrinsic benefit from my post or any hidden agenda. I am just wondering out loud why the teachers, purportedly, were always engrossed with their BBs.
    03-21-14 02:49 PM
    Your title is a little misleading. I think what your talking about is the Brand Message - tagline, slogan, headlines

Zed30
    No my title is not misleading. Again, I am only trying to figure out why BlackBerry users are generally engrossed with their phones. I am thinking that it can't possibly be that all BB users are hyper-connected, is it?
    Based on my personal experience I find BB10 platform very engaging because I am continually learning/discovering new things. Whereas with my Apple devices, I am not as engaged because everything is "as usual".
    03-21-14 02:59 PM
    I work with about 80 teachers and while I only work closely with a few, frugal or not they mostly have iPhones. For myself I use a Z10 and that's because I'm frugal. Got it for $0 at AT&T.
    03-21-14 03:23 PM
    No my title is not misleading. Again, I am only trying to figure out why BlackBerry users are generally engrossed with their phones. I am thinking that it can't possibly be that all BB users are hyper-connected, is it?
    Based on my personal experience I find BB10 platform very engaging because I am continually learning/discovering new things. Whereas with my Apple devices, I am not as engaged because everything is "as usual".
    I think what he meant was that it's misleading because it says BlackBerry should change the LOGO to "yours to discover"

I for one would not like to have a phone that has the phrase "yours to discover" on the back cover and on the bezel

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-21-14 03:33 PM
    Just saying "Yours to Discover" is not a logo, it's a slogan, tagline or something you use in headlines.

I agree with the rest that you said. For me personally ,why I'm engrossed with BlackBerry is a split between underdog / user experience / loyalty / security.

Zed30
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-21-14 03:37 PM
    Sounds like a slogan for a sex lubricant brand.
    Bbnivende and SulimanAlOmar like this.
    03-21-14 03:39 PM
    Sounds like a slogan for a sex lubricant brand.
    Hahaha. Really? I have to take your word.
    03-21-14 05:21 PM
    Just saying "Yours to Discover" is not a logo, it's a slogan, tagline or something you use in headlines.

I agree with the rest that you said. For me personally ,why I'm engrossed with BlackBerry is a split between underdog / user experience / loyalty / security.

Zed30
    My bad, you are right. Thanks.
    Btw, I find the reason why you are engrossed very interesting. It varies from my reason for being engrossed, yet we are both engrossed with the phone. Hence I was curious why based on the lady's statement "you don't even want to dare interrupt these guys when they are are on those darn things...", all these teachers are purportedly always engrossed?.
    Last edited by wincyUt; 03-21-14 at 05:42 PM.
    03-21-14 05:25 PM
    I think what he meant was that it's misleading because it says BlackBerry should change the LOGO to "yours to discover"

I for one would not like to have a phone that has the phrase "yours to discover" on the back cover and on the bezel

Posted via CB10
    Btw, I won't want that phrase on my phone either.
    03-21-14 05:28 PM
    That's the slogan for the province of Ontario. It's on all the license plates.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 05:38 PM
    That's the slogan for the province of Ontario. It's on all the license plates.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is. And my analogy is that Ontario is such a big and beautiful province but you wouldn't know that until you start travelling around the province; likewise maybe with BB10 phones there are so many hidden features to discover. These discoveries require time and dedication, plus eventually they may become addictive.
    03-21-14 05:56 PM
    My point is that it very unlikely that a whole group of any profession would have converting to BB10 phones .
    03-21-14 06:18 PM
    My point is that it very unlikely that a whole group of any profession would have converting to BB10 phones .
    I never inferred that "a whole group of any profession would have converting to BB10 phones". In fact, it would be rather absurd for anyone to say so.
    Again my thread is not about how many teachers using BB phones etc but rather a general discussion about the lady's observation of how engrossed the teachers on BB phones were/are. I am just simply curious why it seems that generally BB users are so engrossed. Why? ( just a harmless question )
    03-21-14 06:53 PM
    Again my thread is not about how many teachers using BB phones etc but rather a general discussion about the lady's observation of how engrossed the teachers on BB phones were/are. I am just simply curious why it seems that generally BB users are so engrossed.
    Maybe it's because there's a lot to do on a BlackBerry! This reminds me of Microsoft's Windows Phone ads awhile ago that were supposed to show how efficient a Windows Phone is by demonstrating how the users didn't spend much time on them. And since I use a WP (I use multiple platforms) I know it's true; WP users are not on them much. But it's not because they're efficient; it's more that there's not much you can do with them.
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-21-14 07:04 PM
    MODERATOR, kindly change the word "Logo" on the title to "SLOGAN".
    Thanks.
    03-21-14 07:10 PM
    Actually OP, you gave me an idea after reading your post.
    Commercial: (You need a brilliant marking company that can pull this off though.)

It starts with BlackBerry addicts being released from a BlackBerry rehab center. Long story short, they leave the center proud of getting over their addictions to bb7. After release, somehow they discover BB10. The addiction comes back ten fold.

Of course, there is so much more to this than I just stated. This is just a base concept that hits the roots of BlackBerry and the extremely addictive BB10 operating system. Somehow, BlackBerry has to recapture people's interest in a fun creative way that hits home.