It wouldn't cost a ton for Swiftkey and it would pay for itself in the major stock raise they would get from it.
    Aside from the lack of any basis for the claim that "it wouldn't cost a ton" or that it would result in a boost in BlackBerry's share price, BlackBerry gets no money from a rise in its share price unless it issues new shares.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:48 PM
    It wouldn't. Swiftkey makes no money. But if brought into Blackberry, I'm wouldn't need hundreds of employees and could be handled in house. This would bring costs down.

They could license the tech back to other companies and save the millions of dollars they are already paying Swiftkey to use their predictive word technology in BB10 keyboards. The added media attention and boost Blackberry would get from this would be worth it alone.

Why wouldn't the company who built itself on having the best keyboards and typing experience not want to keep it that way?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 10:01 PM
    It wouldn't. Swiftkey makes no money. But if brought into Blackberry, I'm wouldn't need hundreds of employees and could be handled in house. This would bring costs down.

They could license the tech back to other companies and save the millions of dollars they are already paying Swiftkey to use their predictive word technology in BB10 keyboards. The added media attention and boost Blackberry would get from this would be worth it alone.

Why wouldn't the company who built itself on having the best keyboards and typing experience not want to keep it that way?

Posted via CB10
    I can just picture it now.... "Blackberry buys company behind Android's most popular Keyboard input app Swiftkey... Licenses it back to the Android community" Great media attention right? =p
    01-15-14 12:00 AM
    Actually yes it would be because it wouldn't be about licensing it back to android first and foremost, it would be about implementing the tech into Blackberries existing products. Not to mention the money they would save from not having to pay Swiftkey anymore. It would give them the best keyboard tech and a little money maker.

Blackberry built itself on having the best keyboards, they already use and pay Swiftkey in their own keyboards. I'm surprised they haven't done this already.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:15 AM
29 12