Is it just me, or should Blackberry buy Swiftkey keyboard from the android market?

It is consistently rated as one of the best digital keyboards ever. It's one of the top apps in 57 countries. It's almost creepy how accurate it can be too. I love my z10 and q10 (especially my q10's keyboard), but for future touch devices this would be a killer addition. It doesnt hurt that it looks futuristic and sexy too.

I think the price would be reasonable and the stock would react instantly to this.

Give us a premium high spec sexy device Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:25 PM
    I also found out that Blackberry is licensing much of the tech for the touch keyboards on current devices from Swiftkey anyway. It's a win win.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:30 PM
    I do that's why they should keep it in house away from rivals.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:32 PM
    Not a terrible idea considering Swiftkey is also getting into cars now - Swiftkey heads to automobiles as they partner with Clarion for smarter in-car technology | Android Central
    01-14-14 03:33 PM
    I do that's why they should keep it in house away from rivals.

Posted via CB10
    You were doing great until this comment. You don't 'keep it from rivals' -- you make them pay to use it.
    BlackBerry already has what they need from SwiftKey. They can just build upon that.

Or they can buy them. But that might be very expensive.
    It's almost perfect considering the QNX push into automobiles now too.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:34 PM
    Lol they would buy them with a small portion of their cash pile before Samsung does.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:35 PM
    Lol they would buy them with a small portion of their cash pile before Samsung does.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung already have money invested in Swype.
    01-14-14 03:37 PM
    True but Samsung just signed a license deal with Swiftkey to include it on the Galaxy s5 and Note 4. So I'm sure their keeping tabs on it.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:38 PM
    True but Samsung just signed a license deal with Swiftkey to include it on the Galaxy s5 and Note 4. So I'm sure their keeping tabs on it.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Yeah, it was on the S4 as well. But whatever.. BlackBerry should do a lot of things. I don't think buying Swiftkey is at the top of their list right now. Especially since they have all the integration anyway.
    01-14-14 03:40 PM
    Lol yeah I thought it was on the s4 too. It's almost perfect for BlackBerry, they could include the blackberry and additional themes on new devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:42 PM
    Swiftkey wouldn't be cheap, but I like the idea. I doubt acquisitions are at the top of JC's list though.

Licensing and sales? Add in Flow to the stock keyboard? Good stuff.
    01-14-14 03:43 PM
    He'll yes. They could license the tech back to Google and Samsung. Also integrate it's features into QNX for auto systems.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:46 PM
    Blackberry could definitely make some money buying swiftkey and than licensing it to others
    01-14-14 03:46 PM
    KEVIN!!! Call Chen and talk to him on this!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:47 PM
    I generally wouldn't suggest they make a ton of acquisitions at the moment, but this one is a no brainer. Keep the best keyboard tech with the company that built itself on keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:52 PM
    to buy a company blackberry needssssss a lot money ....i am sure you know currant blackberry

Is it just me, or should Blackberry buy Swiftkey keyboard from the android market?

It is consistently rated as one of the best digital keyboards ever. It's one of the top apps in 57 countries. It's almost creepy how accurate it can be too. I love my z10 and q10 (especially my q10's keyboard), but for future touch devices this would be a killer addition. It doesnt hurt that it looks futuristic and sexy too.

I think the price would be reasonable and the stock would react instantly to this.

Give us a premium high spec sexy device Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:05 PM
    Yes I get that. But they are sitting in 4 billion dollars. It wouldn't cost a ton for Swiftkey and it would pay for itself in the major stock raise they would get from it.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:14 PM
    Also it gets more popular by the day. It would eventually generate a tin of revenue through the licensing fees they would save and profit from by owning Swiftkey.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:16 PM
    Ya that's exactly what BlackBerry needs right now, an acquisition.

They need that as much as they need to release a tablet.

Makes no business sense at the moment.
    01-14-14 07:32 PM
    Why would it make no business sense. They are already paying huge royalties to Swiftkey for using their predictive text technology in BB10 keyboards. It would give them a ton of media attention they sorely need, hugely boots their stock, and they could license the tech to other companies for royalties. Why would a company that built itself on having the best keyboards not want to keep it that way.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:30 PM
    Even though they probably should not be spending money on any acquisitions at this point, I must say this is a really good idea and would probably be quite beneficial for BlackBerry. It's too bad really. I would like to see this happen for a good price.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:30 PM
    Pointless, swift key would never sell, and if BlackBerry tried to buy it Samsung would just double the offer lol.

Swift key wouldn't be sold for 1 million either, it's probably worth more than BlackBerry to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:47 PM
    Um why wouldn't they sell?

Swiftkey also doesn't make any money, it burns money. But if brought into Blackberries fold they could just appropriate a team to work on it from within instead of being a stand alone company. Swiftkey also wouldn't be selling for the billions of dollars Blackberry is worth in patents alone I assure you.

Blackberry would also save the tons of money they pay in licensing fees to Swiftkey anyways, and could turn around and license the tech back to other companies not to mention the stock boost and media attention they sorely need. I wouldn't usually argue they should make any major acquisitions but It's an easy win win for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:37 PM
29 12