heya,

I have a BB 8310 that I obtained from work, as my own device to play around with.

I wiped the device, and then removed the IT policy (which removed the requirement for a password, and password requirements, e.g. 8 characters, 1 number etc.).

I've been using the device as my main phone for a while.

Anyway, the other day, I decided to play around and add a password. I could have sworn I set the password to "the".

However, now, when I try to unlock with that, it says "Incorrect Password".

The funny thing is, I have the x/10 counter - and when I try "the" a few times, the counter doesn't go up, but when I try longer passwords (e.g. 8 characters), I swore it went up. Of course, I'm up to 4 now, so I don't feel like mucking around too much. Any ideas on why this is? Did my setting the password to "the" not work, and somehow it reverted to some old 8-character password, or some kind of default? I didn't think there was such a thing as a default.

From the forum search, I gather there's no way at all of recovering the password? There's no way of somehow recovering the address-book and SMSes from the device either, is there?

Any way at all of getting my data back? *looks hopeful*.

Thanks,
    Victor
    03-10-10 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD