FYI:
    Just recieved a Letter from my Service Provider (Swisscom) and they will shut down all BlackBerry Services from January 1. 2017 i called some friends that work with the other 2 TelCo's here and they will do the same. Sunrise will deactivate the Services sometime in January and Orange is planing for March.

So if your pre OS10 Device doesn't work properly anymore in Switzerland it's the Provider screwing you over.
    11-01-16 04:57 PM
    BlackBerry Services usually refers to pre-BB10 BIS accounts and you only need BIS on older devices to use BlackBerry email services.

I don't see how this would impact BB10 devices.
    11-01-16 05:17 PM
    Wonder how long it will take until the last provider shuts down BIS in germany... O2 still has ist I think.

it's a pity that my Bold 9900 does need BIS to run properly.

CB10 on my Classic
    11-01-16 05:23 PM
    I had no problem using my Curve 9320 without BIS. If you use Logic mail and your provider treats you just like any other device, you don't need BIS.
    11-01-16 05:44 PM
    I had no problem using my Curve 9320 without BIS. If you use Logic mail and your provider treats you just like any other device, you don't need BIS.
    Only on WIFI , correct?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 07:01 AM
    Only on WIFI , correct?
    I didn't have a data plan but phone calls and text messages on the Telus network in Canada worked just fine. You just have to make sure your carrier sets it up as an ordinary smartphone and not a BlackBerry with "special requirements". You may be able to do this through their website to avoid the confusion in talking to someone about what kind of device you have. You won't be able to use BIS for email but you can setup your email accounts in LogicMail from BlackBerry World.
    11-03-16 11:12 AM
    tried logic mail...looked awful and never really worked properly. No maps on cellular non reliable whatsapp. So basically browser, sms and phone calls.

CB10 on my Classic
    11-03-16 01:23 PM
    I didn't have a data plan but phone calls and text messages on the Telus network in Canada worked just fine. You just have to make sure your carrier sets it up as an ordinary smartphone and not a BlackBerry with "special requirements". You may be able to do this through their website to avoid the confusion in talking to someone about what kind of device you have. You won't be able to use BIS for email but you can setup your email accounts in LogicMail from BlackBerry World.
    You can text and phone on any cell phone. There are cheap corner store Sim's that offer no data.
    11-03-16 03:28 PM