I have moved to France and have not got my simcard set up yet. I am using rogers and when I turn my wifi on I cannot connect to blackberry services for some reason.

Actually, even when I turn my data services on and just try to use roaming data it wont connect to blackberry services at all.

My other friends living with me have got theirs working and are able to receive bbm and email, once they arrived they simply turned on wifi and it worked fine. My friend who has a Blackberry Bold 9900 as well is having the exact same issue I am having.

I tried battery pull many times, have data services set to on and on while roaming.

Advice?
    01-05-12 01:53 AM
    Call Rogers -- some accounts intentionally have roaming blocked on their side or sometimes just didn't provision correctly during normal activation. If that is the case, even WiFi won't work because WiFi relies on service books and registration through Rogers via RIM.

Either way, Rogers will gladly help you figure it out since they'll be raping you in roaming charges for the meantime. When they fix your roaming issue, it'll automatically fix your WiFi issue as well.

I've had the same issue before, easy fix for them.
    01-05-12 04:29 AM
    Really? I haven't experienced anything of the sort
    01-05-12 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD