i am moving to xiamen china in 1 month, is there blackberry service? anyone can help me out?? some people say there is, some people say there is not, so i am pretty confused about it, any chinese people here? i know people in china carries bb but are all international roaming plans? what is the best international plan to carry in china?
    08-15-08 06:19 AM
    BIS or BES service is available in China
    but they are for business ONLY
    04-28-09 09:42 PM
    Hi Jason,

Can you elaborate what do you by business only? So regular consumer can't sign up data plan with the carrier and use BB Messenger?
    05-28-09 11:12 AM
    Only BES... no BIS in China....
    05-28-09 11:13 AM
    XM, good on ya! Beautiful place, I would move there if I had the choice for sure.

I would get a WiFi BB, that may be your best choice. I doubt push mail is coming anytime soon as most people can't afford BB's there so the telecoms won't be adding any new service for them yet.
    05-28-09 11:22 AM
    So if my company is able to get me BES, would I still be able to use BB Messenger? or that only works with having BIS?
    05-28-09 01:11 PM
    It's push email you will be missing without BIS/BES. BBM should work as far as I know, just like the PIN messaging. It is all part of the internet data plan. Or WiFi, whichever you go for.
    05-28-09 01:14 PM
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like the most convenient and cost effective way to get BIS is get the service in HK and roam in China? Anyone know roughly how much it costs for the regular service?
    05-28-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD