A few months ago my blackberry (9800) sent out 10 random emails to people i have emailed before (not in my contacts)

Ive read that this was a gmail issue so i quickly changed my detals and not hing else happened untill today.

Again i have just noticed that it has sent out 10 messages again, i can not see the messages in my out box on my handset or Gmail account so not sure were its coming from.

the message seems to be one email with 10 people copyied in, has anybody else had this issue and how did you fix it??

Cheers
    05-31-12 09:19 AM
    This had happened to me about 6 weeks ago. Someone had managed to get into my AOL account(yes, I was still one of then 10 people on earth who still had an AOL email address). I wound up dumping the account, and transferring everything over to a different email account. I heard this was some kind of worm. Like you, it didn't send email to people in my contacts, just people I had emailed at some time.
    05-31-12 09:36 AM
    This had happened to me about 6 weeks ago. Someone had managed to get into my AOL account(yes, I was still one of then 10 people on earth who still had an AOL email address). I wound up dumping the account, and transferring everything over to a different email account. I heard this was some kind of worm. Like you, it didn't send email to people in my contacts, just people I had emailed at some time.
    i really hope i dont have to dump the email lol its not my main email address but still very annoying
    05-31-12 10:19 AM
    how do you know it has been sent from your phone ?
    05-31-12 10:26 AM
    how do you know it has been sent from your phone ?
    I dont really lol i only use the email address on my BB and my Dell streak the Dell has been turened off for the past week (just got my playbook)

The emails do not show in my gmail inbox only on the phone untill i deleted it and then it showed in gmail Bin.

Id love to know were it comes from so i dont have to dump the email address.
    05-31-12 10:45 AM
    I dont really lol i only use the email address on my BB and my Dell streak the Dell has been turened off for the past week (just got my playbook)

The emails do not show in my gmail inbox only on the phone untill i deleted it and then it showed in gmail Bin.

Id love to know were it comes from so i dont have to dump the email address.
    So it's 90% chances it's identity steal ... nothing about your phone (nor streak or playbook).

Edit : if you know a person that received it (what was the content of the message btw ?) try to have him forward the mail (as attached) and then look into the headers ... you may figure
    05-31-12 10:58 AM
    05-31-12 11:01 AM
    do you have any Jarrod apps installed?
    05-31-12 11:07 AM
    I strongly encourage anyone on GMail (and FaceBook also) to turn on 2-part authentication. Google even has a BlackBerry app to generate the numeric token if you would prefer not to get a text. It is a small pain but once you understand it and have everything setup, it is much more secure.

On my BB I block all TXTs except from those in my Contacts. In my contacts I put the numbers used by Google and FaceBook so their authentication TXTs come through.

I feel much more confident that my Gmail is protected from most miscreants (not protected from Google of course).
    05-31-12 11:13 AM
    I don't think I have any Jarrod appear on it.

My girlfriend received one other emails so I will check her mail box when I get home and do some digging.
    05-31-12 11:48 AM
    It wasn't your phone it was whatever account your using. Happens all the time with yahoo, gmail, hotmail. Sometimes your address is spoofed as I've sent spam to myself from myself with nothing in the sent box.
    05-31-12 12:03 PM
    It wasn't your phone it was whatever account your using. Happens all the time with yahoo, gmail, hotmail. Sometimes your address is spoofed as I've sent spam to myself from myself with nothing in the sent box.
    Yup, spoofing messages happens all the time. Usually happens once someones address book gets uploaded to whatever the spoofers are sending from. Nothing worse then your friend getting hacked and your inbox is then full of junk from them.
    05-31-12 12:10 PM
    If nothing shows up in your online sent messages folder then someone has hijacked your email address and you're pretty much out of luck because they've already been into your account and stolen your contacts list.

Best thing is to email everyone in your address book, tell them you've been hacked and give them all your new address. You can contact Gmail to have your hacked act closed.

It's too late to simply change your password.
    05-31-12 12:23 PM
    I've had another look and it seems to be my blueyonder account that has sent out the mail (my main account) this is powered by google.

The strange thing is its sent messages to people not on my contacts and to people I've not mailed in over a year.

Very odd indeed.
    05-31-12 01:25 PM
    Same thing here, Gmail issue. But it was from the mobile. I had antivirus and all but it didn't stop until I installed VPN on the mobile. (http://expressvpn.biz). Never happened since.
    05-15-13 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD