Ok, I was reading an article from 2012 about why not to buy an iPhone 5 and most of the things that Apple left out were things famous in Android but not known to be in BlackBerry. Once they are known people say that BlackBerry "copied" or that BlackBerry "stole" from such and such (well we already know Apple doesn't have them). While I read through through the article I found out BlackBerry actually had these features before the competition. I didn't know anything about "BlackBerry Tag" aka NFC or DLNA until I upgraded to BB10. These and other things were the reasons to not buy the iPhone but what I found out while reading was that BlackBerry never marketed these features which caused Samsung to promoted and marketed these heavily. It seems BlackBerry was the innovator but lost to Samsung because of lack of proper marketing. Yes Apple has AirDrop (Bluetooth), iBeacon and Apple TV but they never had NFC, DLNA or whatever else BlackBerry and Samsung has. It kind of sucks that BlackBerry never took the opportunity to market these first before letting them be taken into the hands of Samsung. Maybe the reason Apple never added these was because they knew they'll end up sueing the other.

5 Reasons Why You Would Be Stupid To Buy the iPhone 5 | The Gadget Masters

I'm keeping my hopes up for Chen and this turnaround. Thorsten bought BB10 to fruition but he was never the type to be considered "cool" to talk to. He seemed much more like a geek who would get his homework taken from him. Chen on the other hand is smart and takes no BS from anyone. He knows how to play his cards. Maybe once BlackBerry hits the $10.00 I'll start investing or should I do it now? Is BlackBerry a buy or a sale?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:07 PM
    Always better to buy low if you want to buy the stock. Personally, I believe Chen will do an amazing job as CEO and turning the company around. I'm betting that BlackBerry will be a winner again in time, which is why I'd recommend buying in while the stock is low now. That is just my personal opinion. When ever BlackBerry has these large stock price decline episodes, I buy more stock in the company myself.

AT&T BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    01-20-14 09:19 PM
    BB10 phones weren't released until 2013. Android had DNLA back at least since 2011, and I'm pretty sure even before that.
    01-20-14 11:50 PM
    BB10 phones weren't released until 2013. Android had DNLA back at least since 2011, and I'm pretty sure even before that.
    Actually the first was in 2008 and it was the nokia n95

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    01-20-14 11:54 PM
    Actually the first was in 2008 and it was the nokia n95.
    Perhaps, but the OP was comparing Samsung/Android and BBRY, not Nokia, and the post you quoted doesn't claim that Android was "first" with anything.
    01-20-14 11:56 PM
    Buying now would be wise IMHO

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    01-21-14 12:01 AM
    BB10 phones weren't the first BlackBerry's to have DNLA.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 12:20 AM
    BB10 phones weren't the first BlackBerry's to have DNLA.

Posted via CB10
    My Bold 9900 had NFC built in & my Bold 9700 had a special battery cover that you could get with NFC back in 2008 when BlackBerry started testing NFC

Not sure about DLNA but OP mentioned both NFC & DLNA so I thought I would give a BlackBerry NFC background

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 04:30 AM
    Actually the first was in 2008 and it was the nokia n95

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    He said Android. The n95 ran something else.

Android got DLNA in 2010. I think the Galaxy S was one of the first certified for it. It was also the first Wi-Fi Direct certified device. It was also the first BT3 +HS device as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-21-14 05:16 AM
    My Bold 9900 had NFC built in & my Bold 9700 had a special battery cover that you could get with NFC back in 2008 when BlackBerry started testing NFC

Not sure about DLNA but OP mentioned both NFC & DLNA so I thought I would give a BlackBerry NFC background

Posted via CB10
    Well BB7 devices supports uPNP. Not really sure how it's different from DLNA.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 05:32 AM