Can anyone link me to a summary of security features BlackBerry has built in?

Everyone says BlackBerry is more secure but I'd like to give some examples of that that the every day user would understand. Examples like over the air sniffing, bluetooth sniffing, rooting the device, back doors, password cracking, restoring a security wipe.
    03-27-14 07:31 PM
    Everyone says BlackBerry is more secure but I'd like to give some examples of that that the every day user would understand. Examples like over the

air sniffing:
    This is mostly an App thing. Data can be encrypted between the phone and cell tower, but for any phone, unless a VPN is being used, any given phone relies on the app for the in depth air sniffing protection.

bluetooth sniffing:
    For any phone, Blue tooth is asking for both devices to enter a known PIN. Any sniffing of BT will not really do anything, because the phone being sniffed has to allow the connection. It also has to allow for data transfer. The user is responsible for security here,both on BBY, and any other BT connected device

rooting the device:
    This is controlled by Blackberry. Preventing rooting of a device prevents anything unauthorized from happening (messing with system files for example). This is done by securing both the OS and Kernel from outside attacks. Looking into IOS jailbreaks will prob. Provide a better explanation on this.
    back doors:

password cracking:
    A password is only as secure as the user makes it. The user is the weak leak here.

restoring a security wipe: I am not sure what you are getting at with this one...

Posted via CB10
    t her likes this.
    03-27-14 07:49 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=918644

Check this out...might offer some insight

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    03-27-14 08:15 PM
    BB10 has Stack Cookies, ASLR and DEP in order to help protect against exploits.
    (I don't know if it's a new thing for them, but I only recently heard somebody praising Apple for having incorporated ASLR into their 64 bit IOS).

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    03-27-14 08:22 PM
    Blackberry Architecture is designed in such a way that the entire communication (data and not voice channel) is managed by the blackberry servers ecosystem in highly secured manner. The telco data channel acts as a carrier and transport medium of data packets to and from the mobile device and the blackberry servers like BIS and BES. Thus:

1) Email sent to your BlackBerry via BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) is encrypted using an end-to-end protocol that is completely independent of the public certificate authority system.
    2)BES provides a much greater granularity to their security controls than is available on iOS and Android, although this gap is closing thanks to the efforts of MDM vendors and companies like 3LM (company).
    3)"Classic" BlackBerry applications are written in Java against the J2ME APIs, which greatly reduces the attack surface against the operating system compared to iOS and Android.
    4)RIM tightly integrates their hardware and software encryption mechanisms to provide a level of data protection on a lost device that is currently unavailable on iOS and Android.
    geekaren likes this.
    04-04-14 03:01 AM