I just finished reading a NY Times article about the UAE and Saudi Arabia blocking Blackberry in those countries because they could not "monitor" emails sent to those devices. It prompted me to wonder how secure the Blackberry is. Can someone tell me if I use a Gmail account and messages are sent to my Blackberry are they encrypted because they go through the RIM servers or would I have to be using RIM's email program?
    08-01-10 10:08 AM
    Unless your James Bond, this really isn't an issue in the first place. Don't send anything you wouldn't want your boss, mother, or priest to read.
    08-01-10 10:18 AM
    I think the article answered your question. It's secure enough that those despots don't want their citizens to have them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 10:24 AM
    Unless your James Bond, this really isn't an issue in the first place. Don't send anything you wouldn't want your boss, mother, or priest to read.

Completely wrong, if you live in the UAE and you want to protest something, you would gladly share that with your boss, mother priest if you are all upset, but on anything besides a blackberry you send that email and the government can and will arrest you, even on the BB they have arrested people for that.

you've got a delusion that freedom of speech is a world wide thing, it isn't.

as for using your gmail, if they didn't have access to monitoring your useage via gmail emails they would have blocked the service years ago..
    08-01-10 10:28 AM
    All your base belong to us -rim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD