Discussing, having an opinion, being concerned, listening to others, disagreeing, sometimes agreeing and re-thinking his own opinion, raising questions: yes

Hammering on everybody with a different opinion, in an estimated 800 posts, spread across an estimated 50 threads, implying to own the one and only ultimate truth, never really listening because of being totally convinced of being the most wise and knowledgeable individual, as opposed to all others, while constantly claiming to actually being a BB supporter, but in reality just damaging the reputation of a yet to be released product and the entire brand - and all of that based upon a few images and videos only: no no

It's all about the language being used, and the style of a discussion, which makes the difference between an incredibly annoying and a very valuable contributor.
    Your opinion and well taken. Or we can have OPEN discussions and not want to limit it to only ones you find acceptable. I don't agree with every post on here either but I just respond with my opinion. I don't tell people they should leave Crackberry and all that dribble. JMHO though.

Posted with my Q
    07-23-14 11:10 AM
    So what Xiaomi is doing right now is saying : F- it. We don't need to make ( a lot of ) profit, we'll sell the phones cheap and get some customers.
    Yup - WRONG.

What Xiaomi is doing is producing at very low cost and therefore making profit at even dirty cheap price points.

A BlackBerry Passport is a custom designed premium product with a custom designed OS and support. Just because Chinese mass manufacturers that utilize Android pack a Snapdragon 801 into a 350 Dollar phone, a Passport won't be overpriced at 600 USD. Wether an 800 or an 801 does its work in Passport plays a secondary role for its value proposition.

Totally different from dirt cheap Chinese Android phones whose only values lay in their hardware specs since anything other than that they have nothing to offer.
    07-23-14 11:11 AM
    Yup - WRONG.

What Xiaomi is doing is producing at very low cost and therefore making profit at even dirty cheap price points.

A BlackBerry Passport is a custom designed premium product with a custom designed OS and support. Just because Chinese mass manufacturers that utilize Android pack a Snapdragon 801 into a 350 Dollar phone, a Passport won't be overpriced at 600 USD. Wether an 800 or an 801 does its work in Passport plays a secondary role for its value proposition.

Totally different from dirt cheap Chinese Android phones whose only values lay in their hardware specs since anything other than that they have nothing to offer.
    Your opinions, not "yup, wrong". That makes it sound like you think the person you are responding to is stupid.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    07-23-14 11:19 AM
    How so? For a failure you mean?

Posted via CB10
    In my mind yes. It's conjecture, but I wonder what the headlines over there will read after launch, if/when it is determined not a lot of folks switched.
    neteng1000 and JeepBB like this.
    07-23-14 11:27 AM
    Your opinions, not "yup, wrong". That makes it sound like you think the person you are responding to is stupid.

Actually that has nothing to do with opinion, but logical sense. And no I don't think he's stupid, he's just clueless.
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-23-14 11:41 AM
    I think it's fair to say that the majority of us would like nothing more than for the Passport to be a success. Most of us know that BlackBerry has a good product. It is not us that must be convinced. We just have to wait and see how it turns out.
    deptech likes this.
    07-23-14 11:43 AM
    Round my neck of the woods, its full price or nothing! Strangely enough operators charge more for phones than dealers do around here too.......I'm making plans for the passport already, why does my beloved Q10 look so tired and worn out these days?
    Yeah I knw, can't wait till its available that sside.. then I can import mine from 9ja.. it's better than buying on contract here..

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 11:44 AM
    Actually that has nothing to do with opinion, but logical sense. And no I don't think he's stupid, he's just clueless.
    Ahh, much better. LOL.

Posted with my Q
    07-23-14 11:47 AM

It's not an opinion really is it? It's a business model dude. Xiaomi doesn't really try and sell to enterprise. They stick to the Chinese market for the main part. They are able to produce cheap because their phone quality isn't really outstanding. It's a bad comparison to the passport. Spec packed..yes but if they were really what he's saying they are, they'd be challenging Samsung

The idea with the passport is to build a device that will be considered high end. Xiaomi doesn't build their software, and frankly low taxes paid, r&d is cheap.. buy parts cheap. Cheap labor.....

This guy is telling me xiaomi is just saying "**** it ".. which they aren't.. it's just the way they run their business. Even if they had the same features packed phone, if they tried to go against say Samsung or apple they'd fail. They do their thing on the low.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 11:50 AM
    It's not an opinion really is it? It's a business model dude. Xiaomi doesn't really try and sell to enterprise. They stick to the Chinese market for the main part. They are able to produce cheap because their phone quality isn't really outstanding. It's a bad comparison to the passport. Spec packed..yes but if they were really what he's saying they are, they'd be challenging Samsung

The idea with the passport is to build a device that will be considered high end. Xiaomi doesn't build their software, and frankly low taxes paid, r&d is cheap.. buy parts cheap. Cheap labor.....

This guy is telling me xiaomi is just saying "**** it ".. which they aren't.. it's just the way they run their business. Even if they had the same features packed phone, if they tried to go against say Samsung or apple they'd fail. They do their thing on the low.

Posted via CB10
    It's all interesting to me. Different models, different strategies, different outcomes.

07-23-14 12:43 PM
    Your opinion and well taken. Or we can have OPEN discussions and not want to limit it to only ones you find acceptable. I don't agree with every post on here either but I just respond with my opinion. I don't tell people they should leave Crackberry and all that dribble. JMHO though.

Posted with my Q
    Not wanting to limit anything nor to tell anyone to leave CB.
    But I don't like arrogant, aggressive, I-know-it-all-and-you-have-no-clue type contributors, who do not stop to repeat the same 5 or 6 standard statements over and over and over and over again, and by that overwhelm an otherwise dedicated (while sometimes also critical) community.
    I think this is a misuse of the opportunity to lead an OPEN discussion that we were given here.
    And this is just my humble opinion.

And now back to regular business. Constantly being off topic is another bad habit........ ;-)
    TgeekB and Katika99 like this.
    07-23-14 12:57 PM
    Yup - WRONG.

Completely agree - the Passport should be $599 unlocked or so at launch ($149-$199 on contract in the US). It has top of the line specs in every way. It would be awesome if BlackBerry would offer some kind of financing for the phones for people that can afford the phone but don't want to put up $600 up front.

The Classic is the device that should be $450 or so unlocked.
    07-23-14 01:58 PM
    Completely agree - the Passport should be $599 unlocked or so at launch ($149-$199 on contract in the US). It has top of the line specs in every way. It would be awesome if BlackBerry would offer some kind of financing for the phones for people that can afford the phone but don't want to put up $600 up front.

The Classic is the device that should be $450 or so unlocked.
    Better check that "top of the line specs in every way" statement because it isn't true. I get beat-up for not liking the phone but nobody questions the people that are so blinded by love for the device that spread false information.
    My opinion is the Passport should not be any higher than $500 and the Classic no higher than $350.
    07-23-14 03:16 PM
    Yup - WRONG.

The fact that you keep explaining something that isn't really the point i'm trying to make says it all.

A Passport WILL be overpriced if you compare the specs with the phones that'll be released by their competitors. This phone should not cross a 499 off contract price.

If i buy a Note 4, i'll buy it because it has top of the line specs. It will cost a lot, but i know what i'm paying it for.
    Let's say you price the Passport @ 699, what am i paying that kind of money for? Let's say i'm a long time Android or iPhone user ( i personally am not, i use all 3 & prefer BBOS ) , and i see the Passport @ 699. Why the hell would i go for it? Because of the processor? The lack of usb 3.0? Or wait, maybe because of the OS which i know NOTHING about because i've been using Android an iOS all this time? Exactly, i won't, because i'd go for the newest Sammy or the new iPhone.

You can try to insult me all you want, but if you -after 5 posts- STILL don't understand what point i was trying to make, we should just end this discussion here, because your level of ignorance is starting to bug me a bit.
    spikesolie and JeepBB like this.
    07-23-14 03:23 PM
    Passport and Classic should be free for corporate running BES12. To be honest, I'm fearing of total fiasco because of high prices for both devices. Somehow I don't expect realistic pricing.
    lift likes this.
    07-23-14 03:36 PM
    Passport and Classic should be free for corporate running BES12. To be honest, I'm fearing of total fiasco because of high prices for both devices. Somehow I don't expect realistic pricing.
    They should have learned by now but we'll see.

07-23-14 03:52 PM
    The fact that you keep explaining something that isn't really the point i'm trying to make says it all.

A Passport WILL be overpriced if you compare the specs with the phones that'll be released by their competitors. This phone should not cross a 499 off contract price.

If i buy a Note 4, i'll buy it because it has top of the line specs. It will cost a lot, but i know what i'm paying it for.
    Let's say you price the Passport @ 699, what am i paying that kind of money for? Let's say i'm a long time Android or iPhone user ( i personally am not, i use all 3 & prefer BBOS ) , and i see the Passport @ 699. Why the hell would i go for it? Because of the processor? The lack of usb 3.0? Or wait, maybe because of the OS which i know NOTHING about because i've been using Android an iOS all this time? Exactly, i won't, because i'd go for the newest Sammy or the new iPhone.

You can try to insult me all you want, but if you -after 5 posts- STILL don't understand what point i was trying to make, we should just end this discussion here, because your level of ignorance is starting to bug me a bit.
    Dude you're hilarious. I don't expect a 699 pricetag on this, more like 599, but that aside, the problem BlackBerry REALLY faces are people like you that have no idea about what goes into developing such a phone as the Passport and see it as overpriced because it doesn't have the very latest chipset or lacks an USB standard (which is by the way remained to be seen). Lol. The cost of those standardized parts you get for a few bucks fifty doesn't say anything about the quality of the final product, except, well, you're an Android OEM, especially located in China.

I give up on you and let them price the thing at 599 or even 649, which would be nothing but right.
    07-23-14 04:19 PM
    Well I'm pretty sure it won't be $600. Just got a z30 for my wife.

Her 9900 was done. Suspicious of iPhones and much too expensive for her and had Android in past and really disliked it. Has been using my Z10 the last few wks and really liked it.

I suggested the Z30, explained the differences.. she was also wondering about waiting for the Passport..

Took 5 stores before she got her hands on one and made her decision almost immediately.

Anyways.... pricing goes like this.

List price $600, $550 of incentives pay $50 on a 2 years contract.

Yep $600, not likely Passport or Classic will list for less tha a one year ils phone.

If the list at $700, usual new top drawer price, I'll pay $150 to have it though.

Expect $650-$700

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    07-23-14 05:08 PM
    Dude you're hilarious. I don't expect a 699 pricetag on this, more like 599, but that aside, the problem BlackBerry REALLY faces are people like you that have no idea about what goes into developing such a phone as the Passport and see it as overpriced because it doesn't have the very latest chipset or lacks an USB standard (which is by the way remained to be seen). Lol. The cost of those standardized parts you get for a few bucks fifty doesn't say anything about the quality of the final product, except, well, you're an Android OEM, especially located in China.

I give up on you and let them price the thing at 599 or even 649, which would be nothing but right.
    As i'm reading your replies i'm giggling like a little schoolgirl because you seriously have NO idea what my point was yet you hammer on and on.

Yes the biggest problem BBRY faces are people like me that have no idea what goes into developing such a phone as the Passport. But Blackberry are saved, because they have people like you because you know everything about everything, thank god.

Don't expect a 699 pricetag on this huh? Q10 was 650/699 @ launch. Z30 was 699.

Would be sweet to see a 599 price tag but i don't count on it.
    07-23-14 05:20 PM
    As i'm reading your replies i'm giggling like a little schoolgirl because you seriously have NO idea what my point was yet you hammer on and on.

Yes the biggest problem BBRY faces are people like me that have no idea what goes into developing such a phone as the Passport. But Blackberry are saved, because they have people like you because you know everything about everything, thank god.

Don't expect a 699 pricetag on this huh? Q10 was 650/699 @ launch. Z30 was 699.

Would be sweet to see a 599 price tag but i don't count on it.
    Are those Canada prices or what?

Anyhow, I got your damn point right on your very first post and it's still hilarious. I'll end this discussion now, giggle all you want and just buy an Chinese Android phone if you want a good price. Thanks.
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-23-14 05:31 PM
    Are those Canada prices or what?

Anyhow, I got your damn point right on your very first post and it's still hilarious. I'll end this discussion now, giggle all you want and just buy an Chinese Android phone if you want a good price. Thanks.

Anyone who thinks lile this should just go to hell since he/she doesn't even deserve something like the Passport.
    Don't be mad bro, i've read some of your other posts, and now i get it. You're that guy. Calling people stupid or telling them to shut up just because they disagree with your opinions, tisk tisk.

And no, you STILL don't get my post, that much is clear my friend.

Now shut up. ( that's an homage )
    07-23-14 07:41 PM

So when people buy iPhones for 699... what were they buying? top of the line spec?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:41 PM
    So when people buy iPhones for 699... what were they buying? top of the line spec?

Posted via CB10
    Apple have the name and the reputation to back it up. They can afford to give their mid-end phones a ridiculous pricetag, Blackberry is not in that position.
    07-23-14 07:43 PM
    They're buying:

• The best brand-image on the market and an aspirational product for many.
    • Access to the best app ecosystem on the market.
    • The best after-sale support system on the market (Apple Stores, Genius Bar, etc).
    • The best-supported device by third parties.
    • Seamless integration with other Apple products.
    • A platform where ease-of-use and user experience is a very high priority.

Keep in mind that this is coming from an Android guy who refuses to buy Apple products. There's no denying Apple's many strengths. I'm a DJ, and I use a laptop along with a DJ controller and software to DJ. My controller can actually be hooked up to an iPad or iPhone instead of a laptop and has full functionality! I hate to admit it, but I can't even get that on Android! And that's just one of many, MANY examples of what Apple's rigid standardization and market position allows and encourages developers and third parties to do with aftermarket accessories, software, and usage models.

Regarding BB: BB simply cannot price BB10 handsets at low prices - because they have to bear all the costs of their own OS, ecosystem, and of course, developing and manufacturing the hardware too, they MUST be able to sell their devices at a premium price in order to be successful. That's why you aren't likely to see a $499 or even $599 Passport - BB will have to price it towards the higher end of the market in order to recoup all of the development costs.

Companies that make Android or Win Phones can compete on price, because they aren't paying for OS or ecosystem development - they just have to get the OS working on the hardware they put together and do some industrial design of the case. It's a completely different business model, but one where BB cannot play effectively in, which is why BB is trying to focus on regulated enterprises, where they believe they can still get the premium for their devices.
    chalx, Rello, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    07-23-14 10:23 PM
    I don't personally hate the Passport. I hate that BlackBerry is releasing it because I think it is going to further hurt their reputation and their bottom line. I care about the company. All you guy's love it so much? Well, fine, I am done talking about it. When the phone is deemed another BlackBerry failure, you should feel bad about not seeing past your rose colored Passport glasses. I will now make you all happy by saying I'm done with all of you.
    Thorstein Heins is that you?..Lmao

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 11:27 PM
287 ... 678910 ...