I know someone testing the phone, never tried it myself. He said it's the strangest phone he's used but he absolutely loves it. I'd love to get my hands on it but it's unlikely. Damn.

BB Proud
    07-22-14 06:39 PM
    The numbers in the Passport's 1st full Quarter of availability will speak for themselves I can't wait, many will be left with humble pie in their face.

iPhone 6 and Galaxy Note 4 are nearly here, these are the two gems of the two dominant players and they generally own the holiday quarter with no problem.
    Then we have the Sony Xperia Z3, Htc One Max and whatever LG bring....oh I almost forgot, there is also the next Google Nexus.

It's going to be a blood bath.
    07-22-14 06:47 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 06:53 PM
    The numbers in the Passport's 1st full Quarter of availability will speak for themselves I can't wait, many will be left with humble pie in their face.

iPhone 6 and Galaxy Note 4 are nearly here, these are the two gems of the two dominant players and they generally own the holiday quarter with no problem.
    Then we have the Sony Xperia Z3, Htc One Max and whatever LG bring....oh I almost forgot, there is also the next Google Nexus.

So you are just here to watch the blood bath? Not an actual fan of BB?
    07-22-14 07:10 PM
    A high-end status phone?

I wouldn't call a 1.5 year old processor high-end. The only thing high end about it would be the design, and the combination of the aforementioned processor icw the BBOS ( which i'm absolutely sure of won't be a problem ). The thing is this though, as much as i want this device to be a success, overpricing it won't make it a 'luxury object', because it will not win against a Note 4 or an iPhone 6, which i'm sure will be evenly priced, if not even lower ( if i'm supposed to believe the rumours, which i hope are false ).

And the second stupid thing which i STILL don't understand ( and probably never will ) is the lack of an ALT button icw the symbols on the keyboard. IMO the most unprofessional decision ever. 'Let's make the screen large but make the user fill it up with a useless bar ever frickin' time he wants to use symbols!'. If it ain't broke don't fix it, there was NOTHING wrong with the keyboard ( except for the obvious issues double-typing etc. ), just leave it the same and add the damn trackpad thing.

What Blackberry should do is take note of Xiaomi. They sell phones with some of the latest specs for almost nothing. Their latest phone has a 5 inch 1080p screen with a Snapdragon 801 processor @ 2.5 GHZ for 320 dollars. Sure, i won't be expecting Blackberry would do the same, but try to win back customers by pricing it decent. Sell this for 399 and it'll be the best selling phone of 2015, i will guarantee you that, with the proper marketing behind it. Should've launched it right about now as well, so that enough people could try it and tell their friends, they'll have to choose between plunking down another 700 dollars for a Note 4 / iPhone 6, or to get the cheaper weird-sexy-phone that everyone's talking about.
    Stopped reading at xiaomi

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:12 PM

Will definitely be a fun time for consumers. Diversity of options is a blessing.
    I'm not sure who he thinks is leading the blood bath. I thought he was referring to BlackBerry but I could be wrong.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    Couldn't you tell?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:13 PM
    I'd say his first paragraph answers that question.

Posted via CB10
    Why? They could be the next big thing. Maybe......

Why? They could be the next big thing. Maybe......

He's comparing BlackBerry to xiaomi. 2 completely different business models. Illogical post to say the least

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:15 PM

Many will be left with humble pie in their face... yet not sure why you are here really.

It's a fan forum, so apparently optimism among fans seem to tick you off.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:18 PM
    He's comparing BlackBerry to xiaomi. 2 completely different business models. Illogical post to say the least

Posted via CB10
    So why can't he post an opinion?

SenorPistachio likes this.
    07-22-14 07:19 PM
    So why can't he post an opinion?

Opinions are always open to criticism?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Read my post that comes after that. I'm talking purely about pricing.

Xiaomi want to claim a piece of the market by selling phones dirt-cheap, by doing so they are , thus far, succeeding.

Blackberry, who once was among the top 3 now has to fight their way back to the top. Giving your phones the same price, or ever higher for that matter, as a flagship model that your competition releases will not help sales.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-22-14 07:35 PM
    Opinions are always open to criticism?

Posted via CB10
    So whats your criticism? I know nothing about them except they have been in the news lately selling devices at decent prices.

Posted with my Q
    07-22-14 07:39 PM
    I unfairly ripped the Passport when I saw the low quality render, but the actual device looks very impressive. Kudos to BB for reaching out of the box.

Hopefully, it finds an audience.
    07-22-14 08:25 PM
    I'm glad to hear good news about the popularity of Blackberry products. However, IMHO that square phone is **** ugly. YMMV.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    lift likes this.
    07-22-14 08:29 PM
    It's a stupid article. The bloody phone isn't even out yet, so posts on websites mean nothing.

BB Proud
    So all the raving about it on here means nothing either. The phone isn't even out yet.
    lift and JeepBB like this.
    07-22-14 08:31 PM
    I unfairly ripped the Passport when I saw the low quality render, but the actual device looks very impressive. Kudos to BB for reaching out of the box.

Hopefully, it finds an audience.
    I actually like the looks of it in white.

Posted with my Q
    07-22-14 08:32 PM
    The Passport will be a high end "status phone" for those who can afford it. IMHO $899 is not expensive. I sincerely hope that BlackBerry does not price this phone cheap. People should buy phones according to their "budgets".
    So that means they will sell a thousand of them. Cool
    lift, Rello, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    07-22-14 08:38 PM
    Enterprises and business/professionals will buy this phone at that price tag because they are not that price sensitive. ALso BlackBerry will achieve its short term goal of making high margin per Passport. Don't forget that all other BB10 phones will be running the 10.3 OS so the difference won't be substantial.
    What's so great about 10.3?
    07-22-14 08:40 PM
    Have you read the comments on that article? What a bunch of ****** bags.

Posted via CB10
    The comments are pretty harsh, how can anyone make these terrible comments without having used the device...I don't get it.

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Kitchener (Canada)
    07-22-14 08:57 PM
    The comments are pretty harsh, how can anyone make these terrible comments without having used the device...I don't get it.

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Kitchener (Canada)
    People here in this forum are making all kinds of positive and negative comments and none of them have used it either. Comments and opinions are everybody's right. Doesn't mean you are right or wrong.
    Rello and TgeekB like this.
    07-22-14 09:18 PM
    To be completely honest, I can't justify getting a passport and it's giantness. I do 100% plan on picking up a Z30 which looks like it will be a heck of a deal when these come out.

Edit: not that anyone cares
    lift likes this.
    07-22-14 09:58 PM
287 ... 45678 ...