Everyone in this thread is missing the big picture.
    It is a big relief that at least one gets the big picture.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-22-14 06:46 AM
    The Passport is not meant for the general public/consumer. As a business owner, I will be personally testing it out to see if it has value within our company. People here still complain about the z10 on day one and call the z30 a fail. The z10 is a slick device less the battery now, and the z30 is a great device. The major fail is the masses just can't get past the fact that BlackBerry is producing great products. The main advantage of the passport besides the screen is the keyboard. There is nothing like it. This new tech can be mounted in the future on different devices. The passport will attract looks, good and bad. The keyboard will sell future devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 06:51 AM
    The major fail is the masses just can't get past the fact that BlackBerry is producing great products.
    I'm truly struggling to understand what you're saying here...
    07-22-14 07:30 AM
    It's everyones fault but BlackBerry.

Unbelievable logic.
    07-22-14 07:34 AM
    For the people to experience the phone you have to have the mindshare in the first place. Without that no amount of marketing will work. Articles like these are putting the mindshare BlackBerry requires.

Mindshare --> sales --> market share

Posted via CB10
    Nope articles like this do not help. Much like the z10 is selling out articles, all these articles do is set blackberry up for a fall.
    Blackberry needs to prove itself before they get taken seriously again. The passport needs to prove itself before anything will change.

All that will happen is the passport will sell low numbers as per it's design. People will link this article and everyone will laugh at blackberry and say they are clueless.
    This phone is not going to make waves. It is designed to satisfy a fraction of a niche market.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    tr1ad, JeepBB and Bbnivende like this.
    07-22-14 07:43 AM
    ^truth
    07-22-14 07:47 AM
    Many college-going buyers are unaware that BlackBerry is now present in the above-5" smartphone market segment. They still believe BlackBerry models are always under-4" !
    07-22-14 09:04 AM
    Would be unbelievably stupid. A phone like that CANNOT cost more than a Note 3 @ launch. Are you kidding me? What am i buying, some overpriced Apple crap that costs at least twice as much as it should? Don't get me wrong, the Passport looks nice, and i think it'll be a great phone. But people have to be 'lured' back to Blackberry, and you won't do that if your phone costs more than a Note 3/4, S5 or an iPhone.

Hell i wanna buy this phone but if they'll pull some crap like overpricing it like they've done before i'll think twice. Better give me a Snapdragon 801/805 processor and a usb 3.0 charge connector with a dual sim slot. That'd justify a 899 price tag, and not even then.

Messages like this **** me off, for real, because i have the feeling that Blackberry might be pulling something stupid like this, overpricing the Passport @ 799 / 899 and selling the 'Classic' for 599 or something like that.

Ugh.
    The Passport will be a high end "status phone" for those who can afford it. IMHO $899 is not expensive. I sincerely hope that BlackBerry does not price this phone cheap. People should buy phones according to their "budgets".
    07-22-14 09:08 AM
    Nope articles like this do not help. Much like the z10 is selling out articles, all these articles do is set blackberry up for a fall.
    Blackberry needs to prove itself before they get taken seriously again. The passport needs to prove itself before anything will change.

All that will happen is the passport will sell low numbers as per it's design. People will link this article and everyone will laugh at blackberry and say they are clueless.
    This phone is not going to make waves. It is designed to satisfy a fraction of a niche market.

Do you have crystal balls? What makes you think that the Passport is not going to make waves? Maybe you should pick some stocks for me. You are only guessing; lets all wait and see how the phone does.
    07-22-14 09:11 AM
    Same here. I put the money from the sale of my S4 in the piggy bank, and I've topped it up, so I'm primed and ready to pull the trigger. Is that too many metaphors?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Can one ever use too many metaphors? I think not. LOL
    07-22-14 09:13 AM
    Me too because I believe it's more like the masses are happy with what they are using.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    Rello and bbq10l like this.
    07-22-14 09:15 AM
    Yikes. And Apple already ordered between 70 and 80 million new iPhones from their factory suppliers this year. If the Passport steals a million sales from them then...
    SMH. It's only rumored that Apple ordered between 70 - 80 million new iPhone. Don't twist the story.
    07-22-14 09:15 AM
    The Passport will be a high end "status phone" for those who can afford it. IMHO $899 is not expensive. I sincerely hope that BlackBerry does not price this phone cheap. People should buy phones according to their "budgets".
    What sense does it make for BlackBerry to do this right now. So a few people can show off? Doesn't make sense.

JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    07-22-14 09:16 AM
    SMH. It's only rumored that Apple ordered between 70 - 80 million new iPhone. Don't twist the story.
    Almost everything about Apple is a rumor. The point is that the Passport isn't going to be noticed as competition for iPhones.
    07-22-14 09:21 AM
    Everyone in this thread is missing the big picture. Read the comments to the story. All of them. More than 3/4 of the comments make fun of the phone and BlackBerry as a company. I have been saying this since the phone was first introduced. The general public will take one look at it and laugh at it. Then when they see it's a BlackBerry they will laugh even harder. The comments are stupid, I agree. But what I have been trying to say all along is the general public is going to make a quick judgement of the phone when they look at it. Doesn't matter how great it works or if it can do your laundry. People judge by first impressions. If you don't think the phone is funny looking then you are in the very small minority.
    This phone is going to go down the drain and take BlackBerry with it. My opinion and I hope I am wrong, but the more this phone get's out there, the more it seems to be made fun of.
    I will boldly bet that you will be wrong in your prediction. Please lets compare notes 1 year after the launch of Passport to see who is right.
    07-22-14 09:23 AM
    The price will be the sole problem for me with the passport. I'm gonna wait until 2016 to get it.
    07-22-14 09:24 AM
    Almost everything about Apple is a rumor. The point is that the Passport isn't going to be noticed as competition for iPhones.
    It's irrelevant because John Chen has clearly stated that he will be content if BlackBerry sells 10million of total devices to break even. So iPhone and Passport is not or will not be in the same league regardless on how one looks at it. It is a waste of time comparing apples and oranges.
    07-22-14 09:29 AM
    What sense does it make for BlackBerry to do this right now. So a few people can show off? Doesn't make sense.

Enterprises and business/professionals will buy this phone at that price tag because they are not that price sensitive. ALso BlackBerry will achieve its short term goal of making high margin per Passport. Don't forget that all other BB10 phones will be running the 10.3 OS so the difference won't be substantial.
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-22-14 09:34 AM
    Unfortunately it will take more then marketing.
    Marketing is no longer BlackBerry's excuse. A lot of people have heard of blackberry 10 and they have rejected it.
    The os needs polishing and it needs to be experienced.
    Only by using it will people be able to see what it's really like. That's the challenge blackberry has now.

This is where the enterprise focus comes into play. People that work for companies that still issue corporate BB phones will have no choice but to use a BB10 device. It is then that they will see it is nothing like their old curve (the one that everybody likes to refer to when they say Blackberry is garbage). BB basically needs enterprise to forcibly put the phones into peoples hands.
    07-22-14 09:35 AM
    I do not think this is the correct title. BlackBerry users always believed that blackberry phones really good and safe
    07-22-14 09:36 AM
    How about $399? It would be a steal at this price-tag!
    Let's just hope it doesn't come with a$799.00 price tag.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:42 AM
    And I hope you are educating those people who have this myth!
    Many college-going buyers are unaware that BlackBerry is now present in the above-5" smartphone market segment. They still believe BlackBerry models are always under-4" !
    07-22-14 09:43 AM
    Enterprises and business/professionals will buy this phone at that price tag because they are not that price sensitive. ALso BlackBerry will achieve its short term goal of making high margin per Passport. Don't forget that all other BB10 phones will be running the 10.3 OS so the difference won't be substantial.
    1) businesses have tightened spending considerably. c-suite may get away with it but you would need a lot more justification otherwise.

2) what justifies a price that would put it at the high end of premium phones? Low volume maybe, with hopefully quality to build up interest and momentum and above all trust. Such a slow approach would seem to be more a long term strategy though and I am not sure how BBRY intends to prop it up for the time needed. And the product does have to be stellar in at least a few key features or the strategy will backfire into more complaints of BBRY not "getting" pricing.
    JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    07-22-14 09:48 AM
    How about $399? It would be a steal at this price-tag!

How about $1?

Check Out TechCraze
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-22-14 09:48 AM
    How about $1?

Check Out TechCraze
    No free, free, I say free!!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:59 AM
287 12345 ...