Since BlackBerry has partnered with samsung things have changed a lot. Now that this new tablet is something that they are collaborating on, don't you think they should do a smartwatch too? One that is usable on both android on bb10?

I think it would be good because samsung is the top smart watch seller, why not add one that is bb10 and android capable to the arsenal?

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 10:56 PM
    What's the benefit to Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:28 PM
    For this to work BlackBerry would need access to the Android Wear api's that also require Google play services.

Loving my Passport!
    03-18-15 11:39 PM
    The Secusmart tablet is only a collaboration by coincidence. Secusmart worked with IBM and Samsung on a modified tablet, and BlackBerry happened to buy Secusmart while the project was in process.

If there is truth to the rumours that Samsung components are to be used in the upcoming slider, that still proves nothing. Samsung does much more than sell Android devices: they are also a major component manufacturer for many companies. Apple, Dell, and many other competitors to Samsung also source parts from them.

As for smartwatches, they're still a product that are a solution waiting for a problem since they are more of an accessory than a standalone product. There is no compelling reason for BlackBerry to dive into a niche market that's smaller than their own when there are so many more rewards to their enterprise focus. The consumer market is dictated by the fickleness of consumer tastes. Enterprise, especially at the backend, is all about building a long term infrastructure: a business customer wants to source a solution that will be in place for years, if not longer.

Posted via CB10
    lovedaazn and JeepBB like this.
    03-19-15 06:52 AM
    For this to work BlackBerry would need access to the Android Wear api's that also require Google play services.

Loving my Passport!
    I thought that the Samsung Gear watches were using Tizen as their OS? At least last summer they were. The only reason they would require Google Play Services or Android Wear api's would be to receive notifications from an Android phone. If they're trying to receive notifications from a BlackBerry and the watch is running Tizen, wouldn't the need for anything Android related be non-existent?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:18 AM
    There will probably be a $2500 SecuSmartwatch based on the Samsung Gear that will keep hackers from finding out what your pulse rate is.
    03-19-15 07:52 AM
    I got as a present a Moto 360 can't use it because I need Google play service on my passport
    03-19-15 08:28 AM
    I got as a present a Moto 360 can't use it because I need Google play service on my passport
    That sucks...I like the moto 360. Just the pebble steel

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 08:33 AM