Hi,
    I live in Russia and all BlackBerry official handhelds have wifi module blocked, does anyone know, how to unblock it? (Reseting it policy doesn't work.Already tried that)
    03-04-10 06:13 AM
    I'm guessing that they are blocked by the service provider before they are sold. If this is the case then I highly doubt you will be able to get Wifi working
    03-04-10 06:52 AM
    We heard from another Russian guy that BlackBerry is disabled so much in Russia (no BIS, no Wifi) it's not worth using. He decided to buy a Nokia E72 instead. Check for posts here by Greenberg.

Edit: I see from your other posts you're using a T-Mobile (not Russian) BlackBerry. There is no reason your wifi won't work, at least between you and the router. What happens from there, I have no idea, and if you can't use BIS wifi mostly won't help. Also, you are reporting you're running 5.0.0.300. That is plenty current enough. You don't need to update your firmware, it's already new.
    Last edited by F0nage; 03-04-10 at 08:13 AM.
    03-04-10 08:10 AM
    Hi,
    I live in Russia and all BlackBerry official handhelds have wifi module blocked, does anyone know, how to unblock it? (Reseting it policy doesn't work.Already tried that)
    Hi, I also use BB in Russia and the following applies. When your provider sets up your phone they block wifi and BBM. However, removing the IT policy using the methods on this forum does work. I've done it with a 9520, 8900 and 9700 and all have totally unrestricted functionality. BIS also functions 100%.
    03-15-10 03:26 AM
    Excellent, thank you for the update.
    03-15-10 01:36 PM
    Hi, I also use BB in Russia and the following applies. When your provider sets up your phone they block wifi and BBM. However, removing the IT policy using the methods on this forum does work. I've done it with a 9520, 8900 and 9700 and all have totally unrestricted functionality. BIS also functions 100%.
    also I'm living in st petersburg and i have a 9700... Can you help me please about "remove IT Policy"...??? It is realy big proglem for me....
    11-18-10 03:35 PM
    Hi bro!
    I have bought BB in Russia. All BB phones in Russia are sold with blocked WiFi. RIM locks Wi-Fi and BBM in BB devices and send to our providers. When I go to Manage Connections I don't see Wi-Fi preferences and when I start BBM it's displayed "Restricted by IT-policy". Is it possible to unlock these services?
    11-18-10 04:40 PM
  8. InstantBlackberryUnlockCodedotcom's Avatar
    Hi-

I also have Blackberry 9700 from Russia. BBM and Wifi are blocked.

Anyone able to solve this? I tried removing policy, but still same problem.
    04-20-11 12:46 AM
    The current state of BB services in Russia is as following:
    - BB sold officially by carriers have WiFi and BBM locked. There is definitely no way to unlock WiFi. These are called RST devices (РСТ in russian)
    - If you've purchased BB outside of Russia and connect it to BIS with one of the russian carriers, they lock WiFi and BBM, but this can be easily removed.
    - Both RST and non-RST devices can be found being unofficially sold. You need to explicitly ask seller (or look by yourself).
    04-20-11 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD