Dear RIM,

With the announcement of today's Apply OS4, Android making leaps and bounds in marketshare with exciting phones drawing customers every day---the end is near.

It was a nice run, email and texting was paramount with you. I became very good friends with Quickpull and the endless clock ticking away. I could only play Brickbreaker so many times. Your revolutionary 5.0 brought some salt and pepper while Android and Apple delivered platters of steak and chicken. Say "Hello" to Symbian and Windows Mobile while you make your exit...
    04-08-10 03:45 PM
    Dear RIM,

With the announcement of today's Apply OS4, Android making leaps and bounds in marketshare with exciting phones drawing customers every day---the end is near.

It was a nice run, email and texting was paramount with you. I became very good friends with Quickpull and the endless clock ticking away. I could only play Brickbreaker so many times. Your revolutionary 5.0 brought some salt and pepper while Android and Apple delivered platters of steak and chicken. Say "Hello" to Symbian and Windows Mobile while you make your exit...
    Yikes.
    04-08-10 03:54 PM
    Dear RIM,

So you are leaving and you think RIM is going out of business? LOL!
    04-08-10 03:56 PM
    This thread should be closed because it's stupid and grossly inaccurate. Just like every other thread of the like.
    04-08-10 04:00 PM
    This thread should be closed because it's stupid and grossly inaccurate. Just like every other thread of the like.
    Seriously. This topic has been beaten to a pulp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 04:02 PM
  6. T
    Strange pathology, that of the hater.

04-08-10 04:09 PM
    Seems there at least one of these a day, which isn't good, but all I can say is I LoL at you if you think Rim is going to tank....confused you are as Yoda would say.

By the way I am not sold on Andriod either as my wife has the mytouch and is nothing mind blowing about it...Nexus One is nice, but most Andriod phones I have played around with are not worth a change to me.

Unless you are a APP guy, then Andriod market has that for sure, otherwise my 9700 will suffice my needs.

Again I point and laugh at your ridiculous statement as you think it is a fact...

04-08-10 04:19 PM
    Too bad Apple still didn't get multi-tasking right. It works ONLY on the 3GS. Jobs was even quoted as saying that the "hardware gap" isn't an issue, people can just get new hardware.
    04-08-10 04:19 PM
    RIM's demise is always greatly exaggerated. LOL
    04-08-10 04:20 PM
    hahahahahahahah!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh, OP have fun with whatever you choose...
    04-08-10 04:26 PM
    Too bad Apple still didn't get multi-tasking right. It works ONLY on the 3GS. Jobs was even quoted as saying that the "hardware gap" isn't an issue, people can just get new hardware.
    Must be nice to forget what the working class is like.

04-08-10 04:29 PM

04-08-10 04:29 PM
    is this like when they released 3.0? everyone was so excited... we got to copy and paste after that! woah... i couldnt contain my excitement!
    04-08-10 04:31 PM
    Yes, you're leaving blackberry and they (the number one seller in smartphones in the world) is going to go out of business. Good call OP.
    04-08-10 04:33 PM
    Looks like one of the crazies from the News and Rumours forum escaped. Don't worry. I'll get my tranquilizer and bring him back to his native habitat.

Last edited by Masahiro; 04-08-10 at 05:12 PM.
    04-08-10 05:05 PM
    Are we on thread #14 with this topic?
    04-08-10 05:11 PM
    From a consumer standpoint hearing reponses like "Beating a dead horse" and "We get at least once of these a week" followed by locked threads for inappropriately not posting in the 31pg thread of "I'm leaving blackberry" says a LITTLE something.

For anyone here that lives in the world of financials, stocks, or even follows the slightest bit of news from Wall Street, you'll have already heard the opinions of everyone in the market. RIM is dead.

2-Star Stocks Poised to Plunge: Research In Motion? (RIMM)

RIM has already dissapointed and missed last quarter's earnings estimates. Look at their charts, do you see growth? No. Now take a look at Apple or Google. Yes they have businesses elsewhere besides phones, but RIM is playing with twigs and rocks while Google and Apple have bazookas.

I'm not saying RIM is going out of business, **** even PALM (check their stock if you don't know) is still barely breathing. I'm just saying unless RIM does a game changer this year's end I think they'll be sliding down a slope they won't be able to stop. The momentum behind Android and Apple grows everyday. When was the last time you were excited about the "new" Curve or Tour? You're not. I'm not. The market isn't. The consumer isn't. It's bland, it's boring, it's slow. A webkit browser isn't enough at this point. I could care less about it. Developers like Skyfire are leaving BB.

What else do you need to hear? Oh yes, I forgot, "RIM has sold the most phones worldwide."

Keyword: has

Welcome to the future.
    04-08-10 05:13 PM
    I agree. Another fanboi post on a topic that's been beat to death....I guess perhaps, the OP hasn't READ anything else on this?

Personally, I'd love to see all these people just leave and not let the door hit them in the ............ there's just no excuse for idiocy.

By the way, the financial reports and usage graphs I've seen, appear to conflict with one another and just yesterday, there was a published usage graph that showed iPhone's web use through the charts. This was followed by another graph that showed.........RIM's usage charts WAY up and iPhones just sort of ...well, there. I guess the "RIM is Dead" folks also believe the sky is falling.

Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-08-10 at 05:16 PM.
    04-08-10 05:13 PM
  19. T
    I love BlackBerry the way it is. I like my tools lean and mean, and that's exactly what my Curve is: a secure, multitasking communication machine. Phone, email, sms/mms, instant messaging -- it has all the "apps" I want and need. Even the browser works great for my purposes: checking my poetry message board and CB a hundred times a day!

04-08-10 05:15 PM
    From a consumer standpoint hearing reponses like "Beating a dead horse" and "We get at least once of these a week" followed by locked threads for inappropriately not posting in the 31pg thread of "I'm leaving blackberry" says a LITTLE something.

For anyone here that lives in the world of financials, stocks, or even follows the slightest bit of news from Wall Street, you'll have already heard the opinions of everyone in the market. RIM is dead.

2-Star Stocks Poised to Plunge: Research In Motion? (RIMM)

RIM has already dissapointed and missed last quarter's earnings estimates. Look at their charts, do you see growth? No. Now take a look at Apple or Google. Yes they have businesses elsewhere besides phones, but RIM is playing with twigs and rocks while Google and Apple have bazookas.

I'm not saying RIM is going out of business, **** even PALM (check their stock if you don't know) is still barely breathing. I'm just saying unless RIM does a game changer this year's end I think they'll be sliding down a slope they won't be able to stop. The momentum behind Android and Apple grows everyday. When was the last time you were excited about the "new" Curve or Tour? You're not. I'm not. The market isn't. The consumer isn't. It's bland, it's boring, it's slow. A webkit browser isn't enough at this point. I could care less about it. Developers like Skyfire are leaving BB.

What else do you need to hear? Oh yes, I forgot, "RIM has sold the most phones worldwide."

Keyword: has

Welcome to the future.
    So you are pretty much another hater, one of many. Enjoy your new hotness slim...and hopefully that door will keep you out...

04-08-10 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD