I probably will leave, but you seem to forget they were selling more BlackBerry devices with the Z10 than they are now. Z30 isn't available at most carriers and they never produced a US variant. Also Z30 less advertising and push than the Classic and Passport. I see BlackBerry doing with BB10 and hardware what they did with the PlayBook: say you are going to deliver, but wait till you have the alternative available and bail leaving all the people who bought into it hanging.

Posted via Z30
    With all due respect my friend, I think you should definitely check out iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. You seem so unhappy with BlackBerry that it borders on being unhealthy for you!

I have an iPhone 6 and a Nexus 5 (Android Lollipop) and both virtual keyboards I'm sure are adequate enough to meet your needs, no need to worry about a high end all touch BlackBerry!

You seem convinced that BlackBerry is finished anyway so why not switch now?
    06-26-15 12:27 AM
    With all due respect my friend, I think you should definitely check out iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. You seem so unhappy with BlackBerry that it borders on being unhealthy for you!

I have an iPhone 6 and a Nexus 5 (Android Lollipop) and both virtual keyboards I'm sure are adequate enough to meet your needs, no need to worry about a high end all touch BlackBerry!

You seem convinced that BlackBerry is finished anyway so why not switch now?
    My health is just fine. I have invested a fair amount of money and time in BlackBerry products, and specifically the BB10 ecosystem starting back at being a week one PlayBook adopter. It is frustrating watching the circus in Waterloo that has been going on for years, the dishonesty from the CEOs, and still continues with Chen. My Z30 is OK for now, but I will be upgrading to a phone that has broader T-Mobile LTE band support this year as their network is rapidly evolving. I'm going to wait and see what the next iPhone and Note offer, see if BlackBerry is still flailing around and if the slider info is available, and make a decision then. BlackBerry releasing lame hardware and charging high prices for it, or getting out of hardware completely, is useless to me. Who knows I will probably be able to get the experience suite on another device.

Posted via Z30
    06-26-15 08:27 AM
    My health is just fine. I have invested a fair amount of money and time in BlackBerry products, and specifically the BB10 ecosystem starting back at being a week one PlayBook adopter. It is frustrating watching the circus in Waterloo that has been going on for years, the dishonesty from the CEOs, and still continues with Chen. My Z30 is OK for now, but I will be upgrading to a phone that has broader T-Mobile LTE band support this year as their network is rapidly evolving. I'm going to wait and see what the next iPhone and Note offer, see if BlackBerry is still flailing around and if the slider info is available, and make a decision then. BlackBerry releasing lame hardware and charging high prices for it, or getting out of hardware completely, is useless to me. Who knows I will probably be able to get the experience suite on another device.

Posted via Z30
    Many of us in almost exactly the same boat.

Sure wish the imbeciles in Waterloo would wake up...

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    06-26-15 10:02 AM
    Many of us in almost exactly the same boat.

Sure wish the imbeciles in Waterloo would wake up...

Posted via CB10
    The sad thing is they say they are getting more nimble, but it took a year to put a tool belt in a Q10, and a a whole to put Z10 guts in a Z3 chassis with different screen. And the slider.... they showed a dummy model with a back light and transparency in it and are struggling to get it out by year end.

Posted via Z30
    techvisor likes this.
    06-26-15 12:26 PM
    The sad thing is they say they are getting more nimble, but it took a year to put a tool belt in a Q10, and a a whole to put Z10 guts in a Z3 chassis with different screen. And the slider.... they showed a dummy model with a back light and transparency in it and are struggling to get it out by year end.

Posted via Z30
    In January 2013 BlackBerry released the Z10: a 'premium' phone with less than premium specifications, boasting a Snapdragon S4 cpu and 2GB memory.

5 months later, this was followed up with the Q10: a 'premium' keyboard phone with... a Snapdragon S4 cpu and 2GB memory.

Months later, news began to circulate about a NEW 'premium' device. It arrived in late 2013. The Z30 really pushed the boat out, boasting a larger battery, lower DPI screen, Snapdragon S4 cpu and 2GB memory.

More than a year later - John Chen at the helm - BlackBerry made clear that they had learned the mistakes of their predecessors. They released the 'Classic' - the BlackBerry the mass market had demanded. It was equipped with a tool belt, 720x720 screen, Snapdragon S4 cpu and 2GB memory.

Whilst the competition reeled, BlackBerry were already planning their assault on the mid-range touchscreen market. They threw down the Gauntlet with the 'Leap' - a device equipped with a 720p screen, Snapdragon S4 cpu and 2GB memory.

Well, at least they're consistent...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Deckard79; 06-27-15 at 08:38 AM.
    jmr1015, 1Criz, LazyEvul and 3 others like this.
    06-26-15 12:56 PM
    They must have truck loads of those s4's. One day they will end up in the land fill next to Atari 's E.T. Game

Posted via CB10
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    06-26-15 12:59 PM
    They must have truck loads of those s4's. One day they will end up in the land fill next to Atari 's E.T. Game

Posted via CB10
    Not yet - there'll be a few more new 'flagships' to flog first...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 01:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    They prepared for success and ended up????
    06-26-15 01:22 PM
    They prepared for success and ended up????
    They ended up the subject of a book detailing an exceptional riches to rags story.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    06-26-15 03:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it is like the Marvell processors they used in the old BBM devices for three years straight. Was frustrating then, and frustrating now. Seriously just upgrade the SoCs to the newer Snapdragons at least.

Posted via Z30
    06-26-15 06:49 PM

Posted via Z30
    Just trying to be helpful, lol. Well I won't worry about your health, but I'm definitely already aware of what you don't like, you've posted it multiple times.

The new Google stock keyboard on Android works very well imho, much better than iPhone (though you can now swap on keyboards on iOS). AND, just guessing, but the BlackBerry Experience (if available to consumers) will probably work best on Android as it's the only open source OS of the other platforms. I can see them having problems with the Hub on iOS for example. That's assuming of course that you will even like the BlackBerry Experience Suite at all. I'm a bit skeptical.
    06-27-15 08:41 AM
    Just trying to be helpful, lol. Well I won't worry about your health, but I'm definitely already aware of what you don't like, you've posted it multiple times.

The new Google stock keyboard on Android works very well imho, much better than iPhone (though you can now swap on keyboards on iOS). AND, just guessing, but the BlackBerry Experience (if available to consumers) will probably work best on Android as it's the only open source OS of the other platforms. I can see them having problems with the Hub on iOS for example. That's assuming of course that you will even like the BlackBerry Experience Suite at all. I'm a bit skeptical.
    I'm skeptical of their ability to do software beyond MDM/EMM period. It takes them forever to build stuff into an OS they own, so how about software for an OS they don't own? Also I don't think the non AOSP Android is open source. I think Google doesn't open up the OHA version completely, and likely won't allow full access to it either. If BlackBerry goes Android then it will likely put iOS at the top of the security players. It is already getting into the security conscious organizations and government, and they are running each version through FIPS now too. I think they already have the iOS9 version in for testing, and the next iPhone should have 2 GB of RAM like most BB10 devices.

Posted via Z30
    06-27-15 12:02 PM
    They've released two high end touchscreen phones and both of them flopped. Another one isn't going to fare any better at this point.
    Neither was released with a mature operating system, which really hurt their reputations in the marketplace.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 12:32 PM
    Neither was released with a mature operating system, which really hurt their reputations in the marketplace.

Posted via CB10
    Neither were high end phones and the Z10 had technical issues too.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 01:16 PM
    Neither were high end phones and the Z10 had technical issues too.
    The Z30 was a high-end phone at the time! Just by constantly repeating the opinion that it wasn't is not going to make your statement right.
    06-27-15 01:30 PM
    The Z30 was a high-end phone at the time! Just by constantly repeating the opinion that it wasn't is not going to make your statement right.
    dual core and a 720 screen...sorry not high end.
    06-27-15 01:38 PM
    dual core and a 720 screen...sorry not high end.
    Just because it's not a retina screen doesn't mean its not high end.. and please lets not fixate ourselves on specs again - it always depends on what the OS requires. But ok whatever.
    06-27-15 01:46 PM
    Just because it's not a retina screen doesn't mean its not high end.. and please lets not fixate ourselves on specs again - it always depends on what the OS requires. But ok whatever.
    You can't release a phone with parts that others were using in last year's flagship devices and charge this year's flagship prices. BlackBerry has proven many times that this model does not work. Ask Amazon how it worked with the Fire Phone. The only thing you can say about the Z30 was it was BlackBerry's highest spec'd device at the time, but was not a high spec'd device compared to the Android market.

Posted via Z30
    06-27-15 01:58 PM
    You are somewhat correct. The iphone is never high end when it comes to specs on paper but the performance is always top of the pile. It also has plenty of backing that help out the entire package. The z30 didnt have any of that nor the help of ANY BB marketing at all. The OS was still not nearly as mature as it is now either.
    06-27-15 02:04 PM
    You can't just charge $700 for a phone and go "Hey, but specs aren't everything guys!" The camera was lackluster, the screen had issues beyond resolution (like colour accuracy and brightness), and the CPU was behind the competition quite significantly - the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 had both moved on to newer, quad-core Snapdragons, and the iPhone had just adopted a 64-bit CPU that dominated benchmarks.
    06-27-15 02:05 PM
    I'm skeptical of their ability to do software beyond MDM/EMM period. It takes them forever to build stuff into an OS they own, so how about software for an OS they don't own? Also I don't think the non AOSP Android is open source. I think Google doesn't open up the OHA version completely, and likely won't allow full access to it either. If BlackBerry goes Android then it will likely put iOS at the top of the security players. It is already getting into the security conscious organizations and government, and they are running each version through FIPS now too. I think they already have the iOS9 version in for testing, and the next iPhone should have 2 GB of RAM like most BB10 devices.

Posted via Z30
    I've been playing with the latest BBM on Android and I think it looks pretty good, they did a nice job (but it took some time to get there). The iOS version is much better as well though not as well skinned as Android now (or Windows so I've read).

And I personally don't think Chen is going to dump BB10 entirely if he can help it, but try to reposition it for enterprise where end to end security and confidentiality is the #1 priority. I know one person who works at a high level in government negotiating uber confidential contracts and I think his phone has about as many apps as President Obama's, lol.

If they get the BlackBerry Experience (software) right, then the next logical step is porting over hardware elements. I know you're no longer a fan of pkb, but I think it has its own place in the market as well. A Samsung slider device with touch capacitive pkb is the next logical step to complete the picture after software. BB can enter into a licensing agreement / patent sharing / whatever agreement with them. It will still be a Samsung device with BlackBerry elements. Totally think it would find its own market. Not gonna sell in the tens of millions per quarter, but would add yet another (distinctive) form factor to Samsung's current lineup. The sales of the S6 have been disappointing and I think that's because a lot of their base didn't see a huge jump from the S5. I think the same thing is going to happen with Apple in a few product iterations of the iPhone now that they've finally upsized their lineup. Hence acquisitions like Beats, partnering with IBM to shore up enterprise share and beating the Healthkit drum so loudly. And the Apple Watch, of course.
    06-27-15 03:34 PM
    Just by constantly repeating the opinion that it wasn't is not going to make your statement right.
    Seeing a lot of folk posting this of late.

Did someone on television say it?

Seems a popular retort since it is a) condescending, and b) requires nothing substantive to back up an argument.

The Z30 was never a premium high end device, either in specification or build materials. It was high end only in price. This is one reason why it sold very poorly.

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    06-27-15 05:00 PM
    You are somewhat correct. The iphone is never high end when it comes to specs on paper but the performance is always top of the pile. It also has plenty of backing that help out the entire package. The z30 didnt have any of that nor the help of ANY BB marketing at all. The OS was still not nearly as mature as it is now either.
    Agree on performance. It depends entirely on whether we properly delve into those specs and understand the numbers.

In fact, the iPhone has consistently been at the forefront, particularly in terms of:

CPU computational power
    GPU power
    Camera strength
    Build materials

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015, LazyEvul and eyesopen1111 like this.
    06-27-15 05:20 PM
    Duplicate post
    06-27-15 05:20 PM
    I would agree that specs is not everything, but, unless you are the top dog (i.e., Apple), it will be hard for a company to gain market share without specs or an awsome differentiator, especially if they are going to charge for a device as a high end product.
    06-27-15 07:31 PM
270 ... 891011