So, the last week or two basically my ear piece speaker volume became so low that I always have to use speaker, or a headset.

Wasn't always this way, but now the standard functionality is gone unless I were standing in a padded room (which is rare )

Anyway so after about three hours talking with BlackBerry tech support it came down to that I need to ship them my phone and after 7-10 days I will receive it back repaired....

Problem I have with this is, Wtf am I supposed to do for 7-10 days!?!?

No meantime solution??? This is the third bb10 device I've bought in less than a year, and this is the best service they can offer.... I have liked the z10 a lot, and I've opted not to get a company phone because I really don't want an iPhone, nor have I ever.

Problem is it seems to me that BlackBerry aims to be a pure business function phone, and so I have a hard time imagining the business where a person could just be like "yeah no worries I'll go phoneless for 7-10 days, no problem at all!!!"

So at this point its basically a decision, buy another phone while the z10 is off for repair, or port my number to a company iPhone, and sell the z when I get it back because I will no longer need it.

I guess I'm just more or less disappointed for being put in this situation, I kind of like the idea of being phoneless, but 10 days without a phone is not really an option for my job.

Anyway feel free to chime in and tell me I'm a jerk or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:02 PM
    Temporary phone?
    08-15-14 11:19 PM
    To be honest, I would go on kijiji and get a bold 9900 for a temp phone. 10 days? Is actually a really good time frame for it to be fixed.

Do it man! That's better than most time frames to my understanding. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:48 AM
    Talk to your carrier I know with Rogers, when you send in a phone for repair they will give you a loaner phone

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:50 AM
    Your post makes me think that I should get a Q10 as a backup just in case. Good luck and I understand your frustration.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-16-14 10:10 AM
    Your post makes me think that I should get a Q10 as a backup just in case. Good luck and I understand your frustration.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    I can get Z10's for about 200 (plus shipping to the place you want)

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 10:14 AM
    I understand the problem, but realistically, what else can they do? Short of sending an engineering team round to your house, the only way they can repair it is if you send it to them.

Get a very cheap replacement for a couple of weeks. I always have old phones in the drawer just for that eventuality.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 10:15 AM
    And this is why kids you must always have a backup phone.
    Proud q10 and z30 owner right here yo.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    08-16-14 10:46 AM
    I also can only agree and suggest a general backup phone. Either get a cheap featurephone like Nokia Asha or a cheap entry level smartphone like Moto E or Lumia 520 for such cases. For your next upgrade, I wouldn't sell the Z10 and instead keep it for such duties. For example I won't sell my Q10 after getting either the Passport or Classic and keep it as my new backup device.

Btw you are quite lucky with your 7-10 days timeframe! I know a guy from Switzerland who is now waiting since four weeks to get his Q back. I also just sent i, my Q10 for repairs, expected timeframe is 4-6 weeks.
    08-16-14 11:39 AM
    The situation is obviously complicated for myself and BlackBerry too, as people are saying it could always be worse.

I can't get any carrier help because I buy straight from BlackBerry as to avoid carrier riff-raff

The irony is that I sold my Q10 literally less than two weeks ago because it was sitting on my kitchen table idle for a couple months .....and now this happened.....

Sell your Q10 and buy a nexus 7 with the proceeds and the BlackBerry gods will spite you, user beware lol!!

Anyway I realized after I posted this last night that I actually still have my VERY old and weathered HTC G2.

I had it in a t-mobile bag with all the spare batteries. I ordered a sim adapter last night, so hopefully it will get me by for the ten days.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 04:40 PM
    It's always difficult when you bought the device off-contract. Sometimes I get a bit jealous about Apple users, at least when they live near one of those Apple Stores: It seems they always fix the problem right there without much waiting time. I remember back in glorious Nokia days every larger city around here had Nokia Service Centres where you could take your phone and, depending on the damage and their stock of replacement parts, you could get the repaired unit back after just a couple of hours.
    08-16-14 07:28 PM
    Just buy the speaker on Ebay and do it yourself YouTube has video. I have done it three times narrowed it down to small metal particles getting into speaker die to magnetism and I work in machine shop.

Posted from my Z30
    08-16-14 08:24 PM
    Ordered a Moto G for 179, supposed to arrive to morrow and z10 will ship out Tuesday, already have the RMA package.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:55 PM