The weirdest thing happened today when I was charging my phone. I left it on charge and the phone was charging (died in 4 hours by the way -.-") and then the indicator on the phone had a green light O: was just wondering what this meant.
    Also can I download the latest OS from the blackberry website and then use BBSAK or can I only download the OS from the website you gave me because I'm kinda skeptical about third party websites. I'd much rather it be completely offical/legit.
    The green LED generally means that the battery is fully charged.
    08-21-13 02:51 PM
    From experience with my sisters 9900. It was her SD card that caused the issue. It actually ended up completely wiping her device. It had corrupt files on it that the system must have been constantly attempting to access. Her battery would last her a few hours. I removed it. It was a Class I 1GB SD card. It was full. I removed her files (240MB). That was a clear indication of corrupt hidden files. I restored the hidden files. Saved what I could and put them on a brand new 8GB Class IV SD card and she has never had an issue again. Not once. I would suggest buy a new SD card minimum Class 4 or even better a Class 10. Class 10 is almost necessary for any new smartphone ( you don't seem to want a Z10 ) so it is completely transferable to a new phone and therefore not a serious waste of money. Stop using your SD or see if a full format will bring it back.

I'm also going to add that you completely wipe the phone also. Corrupt files on the system can be an issue. Lastly, get a Z10. No I'm kidding. Lastly, whatsapp had been a problem for me before. It froze my 9900 for 15 minutes, made it heat up and then killed 20% battery in that time. I had to pull the battery to shut it down. Good luck.
    Is there anyway for me to scan the files on the SD card and only have to delete the ones that are corrupted cause i have 500+ songs on there and about 1200 pictures, deleting all of them is not an option really. I could transfer them to a new Class 10 SD card but a few files are corrupt then there really is no point. Also, were the corrupted files media only? like pictures, video, music? i don't think i have any other types of 'files' on my phone besides media. I need to back up my bbm contacts, all my media and my notes on my laptop and then reformat it. Would that work?
    Also, how did you remove the 'hidden' files, I'm sorry, I don't have a ton of knowledge when it comes to technical stuff like this, I'm just trying to get my phone to work x_x
    Thanks for your input though, looking forward to your answer (:
    08-22-13 07:54 AM
    The green LED generally means that the battery is fully charged.
    I've never ever actually gotten a green LED light before, usually when i check the screen the battery has that plug sign on it instead of the lightning bolt when it's done charging 100%
    08-22-13 07:55 AM
    Alright guys so I've found out that my SD Card is corrupted and when i try to access it, it tells me that it needs to be formatted so I wondering if anyone would be able to help me to get all the data off of the card before having to format it. I tried to use 'Easeus' it didn't work. Can anyone help me? ):
    I have over 1200 photos and 500+ songs on there x_x
    08-22-13 02:17 PM
    Do you have access to one of the two devices below. If so you might be able to insert the card, plug into a computer (some have a slot for these) and then just copy them off?

08-22-13 02:22 PM
    Do you have access to one of the two devices below. If so you might be able to insert the card, plug into a computer (some have a slot for these) and then just copy them off?

I have a card reader that can read the SD card but it ask me to format it and it won't let me open it ): I need help operating the recovery programs. I really need this to work, I have severely important pictures on there. D:
    08-22-13 04:09 PM
    Oh boy. Umm I was using Linux. It didn't seem to care about corrupt files. Make sure your SD card was not encrypted before doing anything. Does your computer at least recognize the SD card? As in, give it a drive letter in Computer. Like E: or F: It might do that even though you cannot access it. You may be able to right click it and go to Properties>Tools>Error Checking and click Check Now. You can leave just the first option selected and click start. It should mount properly after it is done. If it doesn't work try again with both options selected. If it still doesn't then you may have to use a recovery program like Recuva. As for the phone. Back up your contacts and try and save any media on to your computer. Apps and settings you can do again after a wipe. Just in case. Good luck and post any questions or findings. I'll come back as soon as I can.
    08-22-13 04:34 PM
    Oh boy. Umm I was using Linux. It didn't seem to care about corrupt files. Make sure your SD card was not encrypted before doing anything. Does your computer at least recognize the SD card? As in, give it a drive letter in Computer. Like E: or F: It might do that even though you cannot access it. You may be able to right click it and go to Properties>Tools>Error Checking and click Check Now. You can leave just the first option selected and click start. It should mount properly after it is done. If it doesn't work try again with both options selected. If it still doesn't then you may have to use a recovery program like Recuva. As for the phone. Back up your contacts and try and save any media on to your computer. Apps and settings you can do again after a wipe. Just in case. Good luck and post any questions or findings. I'll come back as soon as I can.
    My computer does definitely recognize the card, as soon as i plug it in through the card reader it asks me to format the card. I tried the check now option that you had suggested and once again it simply asks me to format the card, it had not given me the opportunity to select the options that you had stated. I am willing to use programs such as Recuva to help get my files back. I have tried using EaseUS and that did not work and PhotoRec did not either but perhaps I was doing something wrong. I was not receiving the same conventional options as I'd seen in some Youtube videos.

I have also tried using the Command Prompt and and using the '�hkdsk' function but i shows me that the files are in the 'RAW' format.
    I really just need to get these files off of there once and I'm willing to try reliable programs that do work.

As for backing up contacts, is there anyway to backup the complete contact list I have on my phone onto the SIM card in one go instead of one by one.

Thanks for trying to help me out though, really do appreciate it and I'm looking forward to your answers and suggestions (:
    Cheers,
    Raman.
    08-22-13 06:44 PM
    Does it show up in your My Computer folder as a drive? If not then recuva may or may not work either. Those programs are meant to recover data that's been deleted. Yours isn't deleted it's corrupt. You can usually use them to find all the files but if it isn't mounting the SD card then it may not allow you to do that anyway. I hate to say you should have had a backup of your music and photos. Backup via BlackBerry Desktop Software doesn't take very long. Wish I could say the same for Link. You should see if you are able to backup your media card via BDS and then access the files after to back them up. Once they're backed up then you could format the SD and hopefully save it.
    08-22-13 07:55 PM
    My computer does definitely recognize the card, as soon as i plug it in through the card reader it asks me to format the card. I tried the check now option that you had suggested and once again it simply asks me to format the card, it had not given me the opportunity to select the options that you had stated. I am willing to use programs such as Recuva to help get my files back. I have tried using EaseUS and that did not work and PhotoRec did not either but perhaps I was doing something wrong. I was not receiving the same conventional options as I'd seen in some Youtube videos.

I have also tried using the Command Prompt and and using the '�hkdsk' function but i shows me that the files are in the 'RAW' format.
    I really just need to get these files off of there once and I'm willing to try reliable programs that do work.

As for backing up contacts, is there anyway to backup the complete contact list I have on my phone onto the SIM card in one go instead of one by one.

Thanks for trying to help me out though, really do appreciate it and I'm looking forward to your answers and suggestions (:
    Cheers,
    Raman.
    Do you have a camera/photographic supply store near you? (If you are in Canada, something like Henry's) You may be able to have them recover the contents of your card for you (some will charge, others won't but would appreciate if you buy a usb drive or new card from them to house the recovered data).

You might try taking it to a computer or cell phone repair shop but I suspect you will be charged data recovery rates to try and access the data.
    My father-in-law managed to corrupt the SD card from his camera and they were able to recover all but one of the pictures from the card so it should stand to reason that they could do something similar with a micro SD.. [EDIT - he took his card to a camera store and they recovered the photos for free]
    Last edited by paper_monkey; 08-23-13 at 12:26 PM. Reason: for clarity
    08-23-13 11:04 AM
    Do you have a camera/photographic supply store near you? (If you are in Canada, something like Henry's) You may be able to have them recover the contents of your card for you (some will charge, others won't but would appreciate if you buy a usb drive or new card from them to house the recovered data).

You might try taking it to a computer or cell phone repair shop but I suspect you will be charged data recovery rates to try and access the data.
    My father-in-law managed to corrupt the SD card from his camera and they were able to recover all but one of the pictures from the card so it should stand to reason that they could do something similar with a micro SD.. [EDIT - he took his card to a camera store and they recovered the photos for free]
    And through all this darkness there seems to be a glimmer of hope (": I'm gonna take my Micro SD in today and just hope and pray they can fix it. I'd be more than willing to buy a usb drive or perhaps another Micro SD in order to house the data. This has really brought my hopes up and I really do hope they can get my data.

If not though, I'm just gonna bring it home, format it and then try to recover the data through one of those data recovery programs like Photorec or Recuva. Hopefully once I format it, it will work better and show up as the actual memory capacity of the Micro SD.
    08-24-13 07:20 AM
    Does it show up in your My Computer folder as a drive? If not then recuva may or may not work either. Those programs are meant to recover data that's been deleted. Yours isn't deleted it's corrupt. You can usually use them to find all the files but if it isn't mounting the SD card then it may not allow you to do that anyway. I hate to say you should have had a backup of your music and photos. Backup via BlackBerry Desktop Software doesn't take very long. Wish I could say the same for Link. You should see if you are able to backup your media card via BDS and then access the files after to back them up. Once they're backed up then you could format the SD and hopefully save it.
    Yes it does show up as a drive in My computer but whenever I try a data recovery program to pull the files it shows the Micro SD to be like 20-30 MB when the drive is actually 8 GB! Do you think if I formatted the drive and then tried to use one of the programs it would work better?
    I now realize that I should have backed up my files, it's really not an option anymore ): but I'll remember this incident as a lesson for the future )": one harsh harsh lesson.
    08-24-13 07:24 AM
    Yup backups are very important to me. I learned my lesson once a long time ago. Try papermonkeys advice too and see if you can get the files restored. When I did it I found the files were hidden so I made them visible and then backed them up. That might help too. Also try my previous advice (right click the drive and go to Properties>Tools>Error Checking and click Check Now.) Good luck.
    08-24-13 07:32 PM
38 12