Rim said a while back that they are working on some thing that will be ahead all of the other phones on the market. the president of Rim said that in a interview a few months back. i hope he is right.
    Didn't we hear the same thing from Palm two years ago? Look where they are now.

"It's been said many times, many ways...", but if RIM wants to play in the non-BES (ie consumer) market, then:

- BIS needs to have the same sync/OTA abilities as BES;
    - seamless integration with either PC or Mac office software

For all market segments:

- full-featured browser with quasi-flash capabilities (OS6 hopefully)
    - easy syncing of media a la itunes/ipod/iphone
    - integrated task/to do/memo/calendar otb
    - superior build quality, my 11-month 9630 is creakier (was that way otb) and more beat up than either my retired 2-yr old 8830 or 8330
    - aesthetics that say quality, not flash. Get rid of the cheap, shiny bezels that scratch before you can get a skin on the phone.
    - eye-popping display;
    - hot swappable battery - take that, Apple!
    08-02-10 01:11 PM

"It's been said many times, many ways...", but if RIM wants to play in the non-BES (ie consumer) market, then:

- BIS needs to have the same sync/OTA abilities as BES;
    We'll never see fully the same, and really I don't want BIS opened up to allow PUSH applications from someone beside my carrier, heck I wish I could turn off PUSH applications all together
    - seamless integration with either PC or Mac office software
    The Mac Market makes up less than 7% globally, and about 10% in the US, assume half of those users are Mac fan's that leaves you 5% of the Desktop/Notebook market you are catering to, I really feel it is a waste of resources to put that much effort into Mac development. leave that to 3rd Parties, and give them DM API's to work with

For all market segments:

- full-featured browser with quasi-flash capabilities (OS6 hopefully)
    - easy syncing of media a la itunes/ipod/iphone
    iTunes is a quazi standard! a far more robust system is needed iTunes is truly horrible!, though I don't disagree RIM needs to improve, but don't look to iTunes for ideas
    - integrated task/to do/memo/calendar otb
    MORE than just this is needed, Memo/task could/should be an extension of the email, saving an email as a draft/task/memo with the time stamp that email already provides, save the MEMO files as .xml files!
    - superior build quality, my 11-month 9630 is creakier (was that way otb) and more beat up than either my retired 2-yr old 8830 or 8330
    agreed!! the 8330 was such an amazingly built phone, I would say it is the BEST built phone of the trackball era,
    - aesthetics that say quality, not flash. Get rid of the cheap, shiny bezels that scratch before you can get a skin on the phone.
    The Bezels should be easily removed without tools, opens the door to customization by teenage girls, and allows you to go flat colour of shiny.
    - eye-popping display;
    - hot swappable battery - take that, Apple!
    I've been saying this for 2 years now!, I want either 2 Batteries that so they can be hot swappable or I want a capasitor to keep the device on while I swap out batteries!

Coments in bold
    08-02-10 01:29 PM
    Yes, however Palm was never as big as RIM is, and Palm was also not a huge contender for phones in the first place. Phones were never their primary focus. Also, RIM has a much larger user base then Palm had. RIM has A LOT more customers to please, so they have no choice but to make us happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 02:05 PM
    Latest figures out show serious lack of brand loyalty to RIM - they waited, IMHO far too long to deal with the consumer segment they innovate very slowly, OS6 isn't going to be a killer OS, and on and on....

People are moving to Android - doesn't matter how large the installed base is - what counts is migration - the steam engine had a huge user base just a few years before the diesel came along in the early 50's - by the 60's steam was dead.

I wish RIM would get off their butts and stop playing the "let's tease everyone and delay the launch" OS6 and new phones should have been out months ago!
    08-02-10 03:23 PM
    Well some may be true, you come off as one of the biggest pompous asses on this board....period!
    Thanks! When you resort to personal attacks, I know that what I'm saying is true because the truth hurts.
    08-02-10 03:37 PM
    Thanks! When you resort to personal attacks, I know that what I'm saying is true because the truth hurts.
    Mate you're the one wasting your time on here. You can't tell me each visit to Crackberry is a happy experience for you when all you do is stir the pot.

I'm not surprised it's resorted to name calling; you're the one that's been acting like a plonker in the first place, what did you expect? Anyway, he just said you come across as a pompous ***, surely you can rise above that unless of course 'the truth hurts'?

It took me a while to figure out but now I see that there isn't actually as much negativity on here as it seemed when I first joined, it's just the same few posters jumping into threads with their negative and unhelpful comments.

Next thing you'll be telling us that this is all for our own good, and that you are helping us withdraw our heads from the sand that is owning a BlackBerry in 2010.

You should just realise that people really don't give a toss about your opinions or what you've got to say any more.
    Last edited by dodger_moore; 08-02-10 at 05:21 PM.
    08-02-10 05:19 PM
    +1000 dodger. All he does is post drive by snark and negativity with emoticons. Very odd behavior at best but more accurately just blatant antagonism. I don't understand why some of these folks can't just accept that some of us like blackberries better than the other devices on the market. It is bizarre.
    08-02-10 05:23 PM
    Actually, both the English and grammar were so bad, it hurt my eyes and couldn't read it...sigh.

THIS is why the period should be it's own dedicated key, and not shared with M.
    08-02-10 05:35 PM
    Yes, however Palm was never as big as RIM is, and Palm was also not a huge contender for phones in the first place. Phones were never their primary focus. Also, RIM has a much larger user base then Palm had. RIM has A LOT more customers to please, so they have no choice but to make us happy.

Palm is doing just fine. HP has been very vocal about supporting WebOS and letting Palm continue to make phones.
    08-02-10 06:06 PM
    Wow. That barely made sense and is as far away from being fact as possible. You get your kicks from trying to irritate people and make them dislike Blackberry. We get it.. We don't care
    08-02-10 06:23 PM
    Mate you're the one wasting your time on here. You can't tell me each visit to Crackberry is a happy experience for you when all you do is stir the pot. Actually my man, I'm having a ball!

I'm not surprised it's resorted to name calling; you're the one that's been acting like a plonker in the first place, what did you expect? Sorry, I don't even know what a plonker is. Anyway, he just said you come across as a pompous ***, surely you can rise above that unless of course 'the truth hurts'?

It took me a while to figure out but now I see that there isn't actually as much negativity on here as it seemed when I first joined, it's just the same few posters jumping into threads with their negative and unhelpful comments.

Next thing you'll be telling us that this is all for our own good, and that you are helping us withdraw our heads from the sand that is owning a BlackBerry in 2010. Nope, you are free to own whatever it is that you like. I just run around refuting claims of blackberry superiority.

You should just realise that people really don't give a toss about your opinions or what you've got to say any more.
    Ok, but as I've read the mods on here say many times over "Bash the phones all you want, but leave each other alone." So I'm just exercising my right to bash the phones!
    08-02-10 06:29 PM
    Guyss greaaattttt Neeeewwwwssss! OS 6 Should be compatible with ALL Trackpad devices and the S2! In this link that was posted on the Crackberry Homepage, RIM has a graphic of OS 6 Running on a Curve 8520/30. Since this is the "entry level device" (No offense intended, I have one) that should mean that ALL Their trackpad devices will be compatible with OS 6!

Here is the link:
    Leaked BlackBerry 6 Developer Briefing Shows Upcoming APIs | BlackBerry Cool
    08-02-10 07:58 PM
    Guyss greaaattttt Neeeewwwwssss! OS 6 Should be compatible with ALL Trackpad devices and the S2! In this link that was posted on the Crackberry Homepage, RIM has a graphic of OS 6 Running on a Curve 8520/30. Since this is the "entry level device" (No offense intended, I have one) that should mean that ALL Their trackpad devices will be compatible with OS 6!

Here is the link:
    Leaked BlackBerry 6 Developer Briefing Shows Upcoming APIs | BlackBerry Cool
    The briefing was from May. Things may have changed. Nothing is certain until RIM/Carriers make it official.
    08-02-10 09:37 PM
    The person that only reboots his BlackBerry once a month must never install app updates. It's ridiculous that upgrading an app requires a reboot. What is this 1992?

08-03-10 03:23 AM
    The person that only reboots his BlackBerry once a month must never install app updates. It's ridiculous that upgrading an app requires a reboot. What is this 1992?

Are you serious? Does your PC not ask you for a reboot when you update it? Why is reboot such a big problem?

Lol, my wife never ever reboots her pearl, just uses it for what it was intended for, calls, email & bbm

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 08-03-10 at 06:25 AM.
    08-03-10 06:18 AM
    Why is reboot such a big problem?
    Uh, maybe because it takes 10 minutes?
    08-03-10 07:16 AM
    Uh, maybe because it takes 10 minutes?
    Never had one take more then 5 minutes, maybe it "feels" like 10 minutes lol

08-03-10 07:52 AM
    I really dont understand blackberry bashing threads. As a consumer you are given the option to either use it or, get this, NOT use it, if you dont like it.

Yes I understand criticism is a good was to let RIM know what to fix in upcoming devices but I rarely visit CB anymore because of every thread being about how bad blackberry is. I now use the iphone 4 but i think blackberry is a very viable device.
    08-03-10 09:12 AM
    Are you serious? Does your PC not ask you for a reboot when you update it? Why is reboot such a big problem?
    When I do an operating system update, I expect a reboot. I shouldn't have to reboot when I update a regular application like Google Maps or Viigo. The fact that a reboot takes about 3-5 minutes only makes it worse.
    08-04-10 12:36 AM
    Just checked out the 9800 vid, doesn't seem outdated at all. Looks like what many of us thought, Rim was working on their perceived weaknesses and delivered.

08-04-10 01:20 AM
    Just checked out the 9800 vid, doesn't seem outdated at all. Looks like what many of us thought, Rim was working on their perceived weaknesses and delivered.

The delivery was good, processor is 1998-99 rated for a p3 @ 624 MHz.

08-04-10 03:36 AM
    Rim had multitasking when their phones only had 16mb or less of ram and god knows what processor.
    Answer me this, how many apps can an Android or Iphone run before they start to lag?

08-04-10 04:47 AM
    I have never notice a lag in my android and got more then one app( a lot of apps on it)) on it ,I notice a sever lag with the bbm installed on my blackberry and thats just one app.Actually had to remove bbm and was running OS 5.0 because of the constant hour glass spin when I needed the phone the most.That was after wipes and fresh installs too it made no difference,Do you have any personal experience with an android or anything ?
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-04-10 at 05:48 AM.
    08-04-10 05:43 AM
    I have never notice a lag in my andriod and got more then one app( a lot of apps on it)) on it ,I notice a sever lag with the bbm installed on my blackberry and thats just one app.
    Yes, I know you can have lots of apps, so can my 9700, my question was how many can you have running in the background before it lags.

08-04-10 05:47 AM
    Yes, I know you can have lots of apps, so can my 9700, my question was how many can you have running in the background before it lags.

NEVER had a lag yet on android and ran as many as I wished, like I said the blackberry would lag with just one app running
    08-04-10 05:52 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD