my boot time is about ten minutes and i am running 5.0.0.484
    08-01-10 11:50 AM
    Old oneone won't listen, Spiral, he trolls around these threads looking for a fight. He's best left ignored.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    haha thanks for the heads up.
    08-01-10 12:01 PM
    I think we are going to find as many opinions as users...

The key issue here is "what do you use your BB for?".

Personal use, people who browse the web a lot, listen to music, use the camera, etc.... Droid, Iphone, WinM7 are seriouse competitors, and it�s basically personal likings.

Business use, intensive use of BES or BIS mail accounts, synch with Outlook, calendar, tasks, memo, etc... So far no other phone is at BB standars in what respects to security, reliability.

As said before, even a 5 min reboot every month or so is irrelevant.

Now, if you want the 200MP camera, 3200 GB app memory, fancy design, etc, BB is possible NOT your best choice. I rarely use the camera (if I wan to take pictures I use my 12 MP camera, not my phone!.)

I use my BB all day long, in the street, at home, at work. I travel a lot around my country. I�ve had WinM devices and Droid too, nothing like a Berry.... The qwerty keyboard cannot be compared with any touch kb, no way...

Designs are sober and maybe not revolutionary, but what the heck, if i want a "fashion design" I get an IPhone... I use my BB for work... and some personal use..
    Being able to upgrade my OS every time there is a leak or official release.. wow!! No one can do that with WinM or Iphone... With my old Bold 9000 I think I updated the OS like 20 times.. and with my 9700 another 10 or 12... so... (leaving aside if i will get or not OS6), this is great with BB devices.

Once again, the question you should ask yourself is which is the most important use you give your BB.
    08-01-10 12:07 PM
    Old oneone won't listen, Spiral, he trolls around these threads looking for a fight. He's best left ignored.

I hear ya, but everything that I say while being called a "troll" is the absolute truth. Including these ridiculous boot times.

08-01-10 12:17 PM
    For my uses keeping up with trends is irrelevant, however I would like to see an end to truncated emails.

For producing work, I see no other phone that comes close to the BlackBerry. For consuming media the iPhone is a nicer phone but for knocking out blogs documents and emails - especially when abroad - it can't be beat.
    08-01-10 12:23 PM
    Rim said a while back that they are working on some thing that will be ahead all of the other phones on the market. the president of Rim said that in a interview a few months back. i hope he is right.
    08-01-10 12:39 PM
    To clarify, a truncated email is when you email gets cut off because it requires too much data... Am I correct?

08-01-10 12:50 PM
    To clarify, a truncated email is when you email gets cut off because it requires too much data... Am I correct?

Yes.

It may also reference emails that have attachments over about 3MB in size that do not get delivered to the phone. Crappy thing is that the entire email gets left behind, not just the attachment.
    08-01-10 12:58 PM
    Hi people, i`m agree with the JeffreyVB commets.
    08-01-10 12:58 PM
    Hahaha berry out dated I don't think so yes there web browers aint the best but it works fine by me yes berry may not have the I phone or droid appeal but I can carless rim makes dam good qulity phone minus the trackball on my old 9100 it was a fantastic phone going from that to the bold is a big upgrage to me yes berrys ui isent the bestlooking but it gets the job done that's what counts I have much love for rim an 6.0 is comen soon that's a big plus I work with a few berry haters with there I phone4 I'm not inpresses with the iphone at all yes it gots some cool features but I think rim gots some tricks up there sleve if you ask me that's why you don't here much about os 6.0 from rim but bits an pieces

08-01-10 01:07 PM
    Hahaha berry out dated I don't think so yes there web browers aint the best but it works fine by me yes berry may not have the I phone or droid appeal but I can carless rim makes dam good qulity phone minus the trackball on my old 9100 it was a fantastic phone going from that to the bold is a big upgrage to me yes berrys ui isent the bestlooking but it gets the job done that's what counts I have much love for rim an 6.0 is comen soon that's a big plus I work with a few berry haters with there I phone4 I'm not inpresses with the iphone at all yes it gots some cool features but I think rim gots some tricks up there sleve if you ask me that's why you don't here much about os 6.0 from rim but bits an pieces

THIS is why the period should be it's own dedicated key, and not shared with M.
    08-01-10 02:21 PM
    I think that BIS email is the BB's biggest weakness (to be clear - BIS, not BES). Most people don't control or even influence their companies' IT dept. So let's assume you work at an average firm with an Exchange server and Outlook on laptop. What does BIS give you?

- Email that does NOT sync with your laptop's email
    - No OTA syncing of contacts and calendar
    - No automatic access to Exchange's global address book
    - No ability to sync other network exchange folders

I am on a bold 9650 after using a treo 755p for several yrs and I can say that BB email on BIS doesn't hold a candle to what my aging treo could do. It's awful. I need to type out full email addresses of people who I work with (global address problem mentioned above).

The lack of email sync is maddening. I use my inbox as a to list. Anything that's in there, I need to address. Imagine my dismay when I delete or file emails on my laptop and NOTHING syncs to my BB. Everything is still there!

Why in the world RIM has the BB sync to OWA instead of tying into Exchange Active Sync (EAS), is beyond comprehension.

Why should a customer have to worry about whether or not their company's IT depts have installed a Blackberry Enterprise Server in order to have decent email? Andriod and iphones can hook right into EAS, why can't BB?! My old treo hooked right into EAS for perfectly sync'd email and access to everything in Exchange.

Tom

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

AMEN! AMEN! RIM's "email superiority," the way things are currently going for them, will last about another two quarters. The way RIM and Hotmail took a giant leap backwards, to POP3, is infuriating.
    08-01-10 02:51 PM

OMG...I was thinking the same thing!
    08-01-10 03:08 PM
    AMEN! AMEN! RIM's "email superiority," the way things are currently going for them, will last about another two quarters. The way RIM and Hotmail took a giant leap backwards, to POP3, is infuriating.

That Hotmail fall back most certainly a stratigic move by Microsoft to ensure that WinMo 7 Has the best Hotmail/MSN functionality.

I really do hope that RIM brings more to the consumer in terms of email sorting, I very rarely use IMAP on my BES phone, but I do like that I have it, I can see why BIS users would like to have it as well.
    I also really think they need to back up the inbox to SD cards, to go along with the lower data consumption, rather than IMAPing off site, allow my IMAPed folders set up on the SDCard so I can save the emails natively, with 32GB SD cards now on the Market, that is a good amount of emails, I do wonder when they will upgrade their phones to the next SD standard..
    08-02-10 07:01 AM
    That Hotmail fall back most certainly a stratigic move by Microsoft to ensure that WinMo 7 Has the best Hotmail/MSN functionality.

I have to disagree with you. Alienating numerous users, by crippling Hotmail seems to be muddleheaded. Especially given the low market share WinMo has in the smartphone market. They are shooting themselves in the foot by sabotaging Hotmail on BlackBerries. This move is only going to drive people to Yahoo and Gmail.
    08-02-10 09:09 AM
    I have to disagree with you. Alienating numerous users, by crippling Hotmail seems to be muddleheaded. Especially given the low market share WinMo has in the smartphone market. They are shooting themselves in the foot by sabotaging Hotmail on BlackBerries. This move is only going to drive people to Yahoo and Gmail.
    I agree. I switched from Hotmail to GMail a while back, and haven't looked back.

08-02-10 09:11 AM
    LOL or you can hit space bar twice
    08-02-10 09:12 AM
    I have a feeling OS 6 won't be made to require much RAM because they will want it to work quick, so with that being said, I think it will be backwards compatible. I bet it will only need 128MB memory to run it, so I'm guessing every phone with more then that will be good. I don't think RIM is dumb enough that they wouldn't make it backwards compatible.
    08-02-10 09:14 AM
    I have a feeling OS 6 won't be made to require much RAM because they will want it to work quick, so with that being said, I think it will be backwards compatible. I bet it will only need 128MB memory to run it, so I'm guessing every phone with more then that will be good. I don't think RIM is dumb enough that they wouldn't make it backwards compatible.
    Completely speculation. I believe its already fact it takes far more than 128MB..
    08-02-10 09:25 AM
    It's a pretty good chance you'll have to upgrade to one of the newer devices.
    I was happy with my 8330 Curve, but I begin to notice that it was pretty much stuck at OS 4.5 Three OS's came out (OS 4.6, OS 4.7, OS 5.0), yet I was still stuck at OS 4.5 Some users put OS 5.0 from Boost Mobile on their device, but they didn't have room for many apps. The OS took up quite a bit of the device's memory. Therefore, I upgraded as soon as I had the chance to.

It's a chance you might can get your hands on a leak in the future, but it's going to eat up a lot of RAM on your device if you don't have a device with 512 MB.
    08-02-10 09:31 AM

They did not remove it, they just crippled it, AND those that are using hotmail still today are more likely NOT looking to switch clients, Changing an email address from your primary is challenge,

WinMo 6 was pitiful which is why right now they have such a low presence in the smartphone market but WinMo 7 is going to be their big dive back in, if you watch there video's about Office 2010, they are really promoting Full connectivity on all windows devices including smartphones, WinMo 7 is not something to be underestimated, and limiting access to technology is also not something beyond Microsoft's playbook,

I can't see RIM deliberately breaking connection with Hotmail users, but RIM is More a Microsoft target than Apple is in the Smartphone game, RIM has the users Microsoft wants, and Microsoft wants them before Apple gets them,
    08-02-10 09:34 AM
    I hear ya, but everything that I say while being called a "troll" is the absolute truth. Including these ridiculous boot times.

Well some may be true, you come off as one of the biggest pompous asses on this board....period!

What is funny you believe in your arrogant ignorance as you think you speal "nothing but facts!" When most is just your opinion...

08-02-10 09:48 AM
    This move is only going to drive people to Yahoo and Gmail.
    Sure did for me..
    08-02-10 10:06 AM
    Sure did for me..
    So you closed your hotmail account and opened a gmail account because of Blackberry support??

How long did you have that hotmail email address?
    did you set up AutoForwarding from your hotmail to your gmail for the transition time?
    08-02-10 10:32 AM
    Completely speculation. I believe its already fact it takes far more than 128MB..
    We will find out Wednesday. I hope they surprise us with something. OS 6 and the Slider 9800... That can't be all. RIM's CEO promised he will have something that is ahead of the game in an interview a few months ago. I think he's hiding something that will surprise us.
    08-02-10 10:35 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD